Hi, anyone know about any site explaining the xTE rating in detail? Including the formula used to calculated it?

As far as I have understood, it's the XVM makers that provides this rating using the top x users of each tank to calculate the rating. Is there any API available to fetch these values?

Regards BadButton
 Developer | Wot Numbers

signature_complete.png.bc774c44008eeb3e4

Copy/pasted from the wot forum.

As you may or may not know there is a new Russian developed rating that comes with patch 9.7 going under the name xTE.
It's quite different from WN8 so here are a few short explanations of how it works and what it is.

First off, xTE is a "top end player" rating. It has no actual use for bad players but instead makes the differences between great players and even better players more obvious.

The xTE rating is based on damage and kills ONLY. It ignores anything like spotting, assisted damage or even win rate.

The xTE rating has no "overall" stat like WN8, but compares each tank by itself.
It does this by comparing your values of kills and damage in the tank to the other players of the server (RU server).
However, unlike WN8 that uses imaginary expected values xTE pulls the actual values from the player database.

xTE ranks your tanks by a point and color scale just like previous ratings, but as already mentioned it's incredibly harsh as it's made to distinguish who are truly the best among the best in the specific tank.
90% of players will be ranked as YELLOW or less according to this scale.

8KnEBhe.png

Here's an example of my service record ordered by xTE.
As you can see I have 7 "XX" tanks, which means "top of the server" (again compared to RU numbers).
In total I have about 45 tanks rated as blue or above, which means more than 75% of all tanks I have ever played are rated as BELOW blue, that's how harsh the rating is.

The majority of the tanks I (and you) have high ratings in are low tier tanks.
That's because of a flaw in the xTE rating.
The database only pulls performance numbers from players with more than 100 games played in the tank to the value your performance will be compared to.
This means your values will only be compared to those of players who have played for example 100 battles in the R.Otsu tier I tank.
For obvious reason the majority of players with lots of battles in low tier tanks are absolute trash, giving you an inflated value.

On the right you can see I hover over the xTE value and it gives you your scores, server average and "top of the server".

Spoiler

If you were to order your tanks by tier instead you may be in for a bit of a shock... I already told you the rating is extremely harsh.
All tier 10s have "top of server" values of 3500-4000 with TDs going beyond 4k.
Therefore don't expect pretty colors unless you are truly the best of the best.

Spoiler

So in conclusion

Pros
+ No overall rating that can be padded
+ Easy to spot players that are actually just stat padders in WN8 rather than good players
+ Great tool for recruiters who want to see how players perform in certain tanks
+ Doesn't differentiate between tank classes. If you're extremely good in arty you will have an extremely good rating, unlike WN8 where you'd always be limited if you are an arty player.
+ Will definitely drop your overall rating if it's ever implemented as such = less arty focus!!
+ Fixes flaws of WN8 where expected values could be way too high/low depending on popularity/rarity of a tank

Cons
- Doesn't consider WR or any other stats apart from damage and kills
- Could increase the red line sniping type of game play
- Re-rolls will have more of an advantage than ever as old accounts will have lower average damage due to players being trash early on
- Useless metric for anything below tier 7-8
- The stats are compared to RU server, where some tanks will perform way way better and others way worse

I think it's a good metric used together with win rate in order to judge a player's skill and performance but useless on its own.
WR can never be implemented in a fair metric as you can't separate solo WR from platooning or TCs so that's not a flaw with the rating itself.
When looking at a player through this rating you will have to judge for yourself what his WR is like and if he's re-rolled/ played CBT before you can judge the numbers...
However knowing those factors I think it's quite accurate and a useful tool.

Now removing my mods again...

What spooky said.  Its basically a straight up measure of your ability to DPG whore in individual tanks.  XX = top 100 dpg, 99 = 99th percentile, 55 = 55th percentile, etc.  You have to play 100 games, so my single game XX in the Stug IV will never count to anyone but me.

9 minutes ago, SpookyMedic said:

Copy/pasted from the wot forum.

As you may or may not know there is a new Russian developed rating that comes with patch 9.7 going under the name xTE.
It's quite different from WN8 so here are a few short explanations of how it works and what it is.

First off, xTE is a "top end player" rating. It has no actual use for bad players but instead makes the differences between great players and even better players more obvious.

The xTE rating is based on damage and kills ONLY. It ignores anything like spotting, assisted damage or even win rate.

The xTE rating has no "overall" stat like WN8, but compares each tank by itself.
It does this by comparing your values of kills and damage in the tank to the other players of the server (RU server).
However, unlike WN8 that uses imaginary expected values xTE pulls the actual values from the player database.

xTE ranks your tanks by a point and color scale just like previous ratings, but as already mentioned it's incredibly harsh as it's made to distinguish who are truly the best among the best in the specific tank.
90% of players will be ranked as YELLOW or less according to this scale.

8KnEBhe.png

Here's an example of my service record ordered by xTE.
As you can see I have 7 "XX" tanks, which means "top of the server" (again compared to RU numbers).
In total I have about 45 tanks rated as blue or above, which means more than 75% of all tanks I have ever played are rated as BELOW blue, that's how harsh the rating is.

The majority of the tanks I (and you) have high ratings in are low tier tanks.
That's because of a flaw in the xTE rating.
The database only pulls performance numbers from players with more than 100 games played in the tank to the value your performance will be compared to.
This means your values will only be compared to those of players who have played for example 100 battles in the R.Otsu tier I tank.
For obvious reason the majority of players with lots of battles in low tier tanks are absolute trash, giving you an inflated value.

On the right you can see I hover over the xTE value and it gives you your scores, server average and "top of the server".

Spoiler

If you were to order your tanks by tier instead you may be in for a bit of a shock... I already told you the rating is extremely harsh.
All tier 10s have "top of server" values of 3500-4000 with TDs going beyond 4k.
Therefore don't expect pretty colors unless you are truly the best of the best.

Spoiler

So in conclusion

Pros
+ No overall rating that can be padded
+ Easy to spot players that are actually just stat padders in WN8 rather than good players
+ Great tool for recruiters who want to see how players perform in certain tanks
+ Doesn't differentiate between tank classes. If you're extremely good in arty you will have an extremely good rating, unlike WN8 where you'd always be limited if you are an arty player.
+ Will definitely drop your overall rating if it's ever implemented as such = less arty focus!!
+ Fixes flaws of WN8 where expected values could be way too high/low depending on popularity/rarity of a tank

Cons
- Doesn't consider WR or any other stats apart from damage and kills
- Could increase the red line sniping type of game play
- Re-rolls will have more of an advantage than ever as old accounts will have lower average damage due to players being trash early on
- Useless metric for anything below tier 7-8
- The stats are compared to RU server, where some tanks will perform way way better and others way worse

I think it's a good metric used together with win rate in order to judge a player's skill and performance but useless on its own.
WR can never be implemented in a fair metric as you can't separate solo WR from platooning or TCs so that's not a flaw with the rating itself.
When looking at a player through this rating you will have to judge for yourself what his WR is like and if he's re-rolled/ played CBT before you can judge the numbers...
However knowing those factors I think it's quite accurate and a useful tool.

Now removing my mods again...

So does it mean that XTe is pretty inaccurate in XVM (unless it shows the XTe for th tank) because most players have an average tier of like 5-6? So a player with 50% of his battles in a Pz. IV and has a 80 XTe in it could have better stats than someone with 50% of his battles in a tier 10 with 50 XTe? 

3 minutes ago, Goldflag said:

So does it mean that XTe is pretty inaccurate in XVM (unless it shows the XTe for th tank) because most players have an average tier of like 5-6? So a player with 50% of his battles in a Pz. IV and has a 80 XTe in it could have better stats than someone with 50% of his battles in a tier 10 with 50 XTe? 

It's not that bad for most tier 5-6 tanks, but it's awful for any players with WN8 below ~2500 anyway: You'd be better off using per-tank WN8 below that, and per-tank WN8 is pretty bad.

There is also a bit of class bias, at least at the high tiers. Hardcore damage padders are far more likely to play lights and mediums, and so those values are somewhat inflated, usually on the order of 10%.

2 hours ago, MagentaPanda said:

Is there a website I can check this live btw? Gold league quals means no XVM, so I cannot check it there.

Best one can do, as far as I know, is grab a 'replay video' with XVM loaded on a different computer as check out everyone's current xTE score in a given vehicle.  You do have your old gold league replays videos, right?

There isn't a single live server with browser view-able xTE statistics available, that I know of.  Not at wotlabs, xvm's koreanrandom, hall of fame at worldoftanks.**, wotnumbers, vbaddict.net et la.  

Thing is if one combines w/r rate, xTE, WN8 statistics in their res_mod, if tends to give a good picture of who is at what stage in their learning process.  Easy to spot re-roll accounts if this is done.

2 hours ago, Valan said:

There isn't a single live server with browser view-able xTE statistics available, that I know of.  Not at wotlabs, xvm's koreanrandom, hall of fame at worldoftanks.**, wotnumbers, vbaddict.net et la. 

My experimental stats site has it:

http://jaj22.org.uk/wotstats.html

Slightly old version now though. It's a bit of a pain to update.

Hi, anyone know about any site explaining the xTE rating in detail? Including the formula used to calculated it?

I add xTE calculation sample at the bottom of message:

http://www.koreanrandom.com/forum/topic/23829-xte-эффективность-на-танке-per-vehicle-efficiency/?p=265690

or here: http://piratepad.net/MUKTNs01cD