http://ritastatusreport.blogspot.nl/2015/11/interview-with-vyacheslav-slava-makarov.html

If only those inbred shitlords had listened to me, they could have actually fixed those problems 5 years ago.  Instead, they tried to eastern euro command and control and failed.

WORKING AS INTENDED

21 minutes ago, Crossfader said:

yeah, read that today... do you think they are feeling the AW pressure just a bit.

In my opinion AW failed just as hard... but any competition is healthy. So there is that.

...and the game is going to where it should've been 4 years ago, making me realise what a great, somewhat balanced game this could've been right now, especially for E-Sports

Hopefully no more stupid castle-adds to the remnants of vision oriented maps and they might introduce actual vision instead of Overlord-ish corridors without arty cover.

I'm not gonna hold my breath thinking they'll start balancing after meta and top end since unis aren't the target audience but I won't say no to having these changes. 

3 hours ago, EpicFale said:

In my opinion AW failed just as hard...

giphy.gif

care to elaborate, i am curious. I mean, had you said that about WT,GF, yay, ok, but AW is already in the shitter ?

Maps are horrible, vision/camo system is horrible, arty is still shit maybe even worse (arty warning is almost pointless, and oh they also have missiles...) , unlocking retrofits and commanders is shit because it forces you to grind lines that you dont want (like arty, which is limited to 2 per battle... EU queue was like 50% arty waiting for a game). having both pvp and pve (which is boring as fuck) requires some sort of balance, which seems totally off, resulting into t5+ MM being absolutely shit for the past 3+ weeks (tier 4 is fine with like ~60 in queue, but after that... ugh). The community is just as shit if not worse because all the entitled wot rejects think they are god now because no one can see their stats... and there is probably a buttload more.. There is also no real progress like WoT... going up tiers actually in WoT feels different... AW was more of the same too me. And there is more like longer grinds and stuff, but I cant remember it all any more. Stopped caring, not worth my time.

Realizing that there's something wrong is a good start.... Although, I'm hoping it's not too late. Many people have already reached the "end game" which is T10. Not a lot keeps you interested when you have all the tanks you want and have reached a certain skill level. Especially not when there's flaws in the game, which you tend to notice after having played it for quite a while.

Competitive play (Esport, Cw and so on..) had and have the ability to keep people interested. But Wargaming simply has not handled that properly. How ever, I do hope that this might result in them doing things differently. Although, what he said are just words...I hope those words turn into actual actions.

1 hour ago, Crossfader said:

giphy.gif

care to elaborate, i am curious. I mean, had you said that about WT,GF, yay, ok, but AW is already in the shitter ?

games in beta and already failed wat?

They haven't even released competitive play; how the fuck can you say there is no endgame?

I just hope they never, EVER, EVER go back to "vision" maps. Let's just camp for 10+ mins, and make every fucking tank in the game useless except the russian hovertanks, the BC, the leo 1 and some light tanks. The camp for 12 mins aspect is something i loathe, but i know MANY people like it, it's a personal preference (the same way MANY love people playing as boring-as-fuck snipers in FPS games), but at least in "brawling" maps no class is really fucked except the light tanks, and maybe the leo 1 (even tanks like the RHB and TD PZ IV aren't fucked thanks to their amazing guns). You're fucked only when the team with the armor is the better team.

Omg this is fantastic. So this guy just begrudgingly admitted to the faults and trash state of the game that you were highlighting on the main forums way back in the day. 

When you take a moment to think about it, its almost inconceivable just how arrogant and stupid WG has been the last couple of years.

9 minutes ago, Nkrlz said:

I just hope they never, EVER, EVER go back to "vision" maps. Let's just camp for 10+ mins, and make every fucking tank in the game useless except the russian hovertanks, the BC, the leo 1 and some light tanks. The camp for 12 mins aspect is something i loathe, but i know MANY people like it, it's a personal preference (the same way MANY love people playing as boring-as-fuck snipers in FPS games), but at least in "brawling" maps no class is really fucked except the light tanks, and maybe the leo 1 (even tanks like the RHB and TD PZ IV aren't fucked thanks to their amazing guns). You're fucked only when the team with the armor is the better team.

Sorry, simply no. Vision maps are a way for skilled players to apply their skill in a match. The fact that you think only the listed tanks are useful in the vision meta clarifies to me that you do not know what you're talking about. "In brawling maps no class is really fucked" that's because all of them are. 
Brawling maps are not only boring, but there's also a possible 750 alpha shot waiting for you around every corner. And as someone who plays primarily mediums, it's incredibly annoying.

750 alpha shot waiting in every bush, not that I appreciate cities much.  Gotta get dat terrain nawimsayin.   Why the fuck are our tanks doing urban combat anyways?  Guess it fits the suicidal tank commander theme of the game.

p.s. goddammit, I can't even edit in a quote anymore?

2 hours ago, Shifty_101st said:

I love the War Gaming dev team's opinion on arty.

"If you don't like arty, play Blitz"

Fucking half wits

I could only upvote you once, but seriously THIS.

The feeling of logging in on westfield in a heavy tank and seeing 4 arty on each side.  Balance.

1 hour ago, Fulcrous said:

The bigger question is did it really need to take 4 years to figure this [edited] out?

They knew all along their game was broken, but why the hell would they spend time and money addressing it at a time when there was effectively no competition?

20 minutes ago, Flaksmith said:

They knew all along their game was broken, but why the hell would they spend time and money addressing it at a time when there was effectively no competition?

Potential profit 2 hard.

Apparently the Russians are flocking to AW in droves. They are more price sensitive and the cheapness of AW seems to be working for them. You can actually play AW for free if you want and still easily grind out tanks, even on those shit box pcs they run.

Now us NA players mean nothing to them. EU means a little more but when RU starts rushing over to your competitor then WG sits up and takes notice.

Quite frankly WG are basically shitlords that got lucky. For the longest time they had no real competition (no WTGF is not competition) and now that they have their luck is running out. 

WOT is a big barge that has been moored in the center of a river. The river is flowing past them giving them the feeling that they are progressing. All it takes is a nimble little speed boat to come along and run circles around them. Shit it doesn't even have to be nimble a tug boat will out run them.

3 hours ago, koel76 said:

Sorry, simply no. Vision maps are a way for skilled players to apply their skill in a match. The fact that you think only the listed tanks are useful in the vision meta clarifies to me that you do not know what you're talking about. "In brawling maps no class is really fucked" that's because all of them are. 
Brawling maps are not only boring, but there's also a possible 750 alpha shot waiting for you around every corner. And as someone who plays primarily mediums, it's incredibly annoying.

This should come with an arty rebalance (ie nerf) though. More Prokhorovka-esque maps with 3 arty per side would make me cry, it'd force slower tanks like the T29 to camp instead of trying to actively abuse their VR and hulldown capabilities.

Maybe I'm just shit at playing that map, but I do feel Prok is just a cancerous campfest with artillery, you can't go middle and the other flanks are rather difficult to advance on. :3

7 hours ago, EpicFale said:

Maps are horrible, vision/camo system is horrible, arty is still shit maybe even worse (arty warning is almost pointless, and oh they also have missiles...) , unlocking retrofits and commanders is shit because it forces you to grind lines that you dont want (like arty, which is limited to 2 per battle... EU queue was like 50% arty waiting for a game). having both pvp and pve (which is boring as fuck) requires some sort of balance, which seems totally off, resulting into t5+ MM being absolutely shit for the past 3+ weeks (tier 4 is fine with like ~60 in queue, but after that... ugh). The community is just as shit if not worse because all the entitled wot rejects think they are god now because no one can see their stats... and there is probably a buttload more.. There is also no real progress like WoT... going up tiers actually in WoT feels different... AW was more of the same too me. And there is more like longer grinds and stuff, but I cant remember it all any more. Stopped caring, not worth my time.

-most maps are actually quite balanced narrows/ corridor island bieng the worst, even though they lend towards camping/ sniping. but its not like you have a situation with with an e100 into phrok

-AFVS control vision, its kinda hard to camo snipe. probly not the best system but it does keep the game moving

- they are removing the line specific retrofit system so that wont be a problem

- yeah mm is borked pretty well atm but what was wot like in beta? as for PvE who are you to say that its boring? i personally dont enjoy it either but its not like you have to play it and there are a lot of people who enjoy this mode

- arty is still broken

- the majority of communities for online games will always be shit

- you will eventually be able to see peoples stats (they have control whether or not it will be public) besides if you want to get in a good clan youll need good stats, whats changed here?

- i completley disagree with you comment on moving up tiers

- higher tiers get different armour/ ammo types and can add different armour packages

- missile defense systems become a lot more common

- more retrofit slots to customise your playstyle for your tank

personally i dont feel like AW is the same as WOT, is it similar sure but its its own kettle of fish. do i like the game? not a whole lot to be honest but im just burning out of tank games in general.

TLDR you had some good points but 60% of your post was just a rage quit