Banish

Question for Other Servers regarding Clan War Clans

I am wondering if the other servers are as many high level deaths caused by Clan Wars 2.0 as the North American server.

So far the North American Server has lost:

There are other mid-level clans that have died as well however since I do not bother to check tier VIII or tier VI clans I do not have specific names to add to the list. The CHAI community seems to have taken a hit as well as CHAII has been completely disbanded and CHAI seems to be undergoing a major overhaul via cannibalizing it's various sub-clans*.

*Just happened today so this information is not confirmed.

Not looking to start a debate on CW2.0, just wondering about the health of the CW communities on the other servers.

I don't think CHAI's downturn was caused directly by CW 2.0, more of a general burnout on a stale game. Majority of the leadership/active members burnt out right around the time I did which was prior to the CW updates.

Clans cost time, energy and at times relationships. To succeed long term you need a leadership and player group with either a system of succession or limitless supply of those resources. CW and especially campaigns adds significant strain to those systems.

Meanwhile the rewards range for the tangible things like gold or tanks, to organised team success, and again relationships. It's very hard to maintain the same enthusiasm for some of those over a long period.

So yeah... pbkac sea... mostly dead for some time. We seem to have moved into outsourcing players who still want to CW/campaign.

1 hour ago, Jojo_Joseph_Joestar said:

BULBA is basically dead since 75% of the clan doesn't show up to clan activities and most don't even pub.

And all the new players that join replace OG BULBAs that go afk xD

To be fair even 50% of any clan being online at a given time is pretty rare so for us to have 25 on is pretty normal. Maybe Otter can boast 50% attendance every night? (you were in that clan right :doit:)

From what I've seen FAME and OMNI are very active. They can field multiple teams a day and both have over 60+ active members. 

IDEAL seems to be fine as well, not too sure though because lack of intel

FAME has done well keeping its recruiting up while still staying #1 for as long as the clan has existed. OMNI broke off from Odem Mortis a while ago and they're doing better than anyone expected them to. 

For the more casual clans, S3AL and KITTY turned very inactive. KITTYs core members all left a few days ago and it's really just some officers along with all the new guys left to do something. S3AL died very much with all the new games coming out, CW2.0 was something we played and didn't mind but the activity just isn't there anymore.

OMNI kind of declared war on S3AL and our FC's just didn't have the time so we dropped off the map, and with that, including no gold from skirmish activity anymore, few people play. Never seen more than 20 people online since three weeks ago. 

Everyone suspected FAME might have wanted to as well so just dropping off was easier on the FC's that until then had been under a lot of pressure. 

There's some non-english clans that are doing well but I can't find info on like 3XR and WHYME.

Then you have the reputable clans that died long before CW2.0 but still made enough of a mark to have a reputable name.

322, KAZNA and PTS are the biggest examples

Well to be fair Kolni has just run through the elite clans, and Dom is probably right he has less idea about the ranks below, or even the rank below that. In addition there are a large number of foreign language clans, and if you don't follow their language it's even harder to follow their ups and downs.

Fact of the matter is EU is just bigger than NA, and with more clans. Look I could name off the top of my head this lot in four rough ranks (it's very rough) of clans that I am aware of. I feel sure that the other EU wotlab posters will have plenty to say about this rough and ready grouping, both adding and taking away, and moving up and down the ranks;

FAME, OMNI, -SED-, NOS,WHYME, WHYYOU, BABA, -MM

JCK2L, KAZNA, PIXEL, ZWACK, G-G, RSOP, OM, RED_S, 99P, F15

CRY, L-FEW, L-BUN, EXEED,WHO, MDETH, 5T4RS, AR-MA, BIA, WORKS, FACE, ARCAN, FIRE

ARKT, EAB2, Z-R, DAC_A, TESLA, BAD-V, 3XR, CMERC, -ONE-

So for example ARKT in the last campaign ("safari") got reward tanks for active members, and will do so again in the Fourth Campaign "Black Gold". NONE of the above play tier VI CW, they are all tier VIII and above. Not sure where the tier X regular CW will cut in though.

No idea where to put clans such as CR_ or SANTI, XEQTE

EU clans that have fallen over in the last few months (again lots more but these are ones I have remembered);

-HAX-, DISC, WAWA, TES-X, L-X-G, PTS (sort of a re-grouping), PTS-X, PHASE, PH4SE, RED_I, I-OU, QSF-E (sort of a re-grouping), HAMI (again), RI3E, ZER0 HDU, IMP-S, DEF-1, SHUSH, R3INO and of course special mention the lobsters (LAVA). All of these either DID or were capable of winning reward tanks during campaigns.

All of those have different circumstances and different reasons for falling over.

But essentially Banish, on EU there are more clans, and it's harder to keep track of, and not so obvious when clans fall over.

SturmGrenadiers Alpha team all left the clan to form a NON Clan Wars Clan.

They are now incapable of holding land for any length of time.

I think CW 2.0 is killing clans faster that anything else ever did.

12 hours ago, _Dia said:

To be fair even 50% of any clan being online at a given time is pretty rare so for us to have 25 on is pretty normal. Maybe Otter can boast 50% attendance every night? (you were in that clan right :doit:)

I can't recall ever being in that clan Dia. My wotlabs stats page says I've only been in bulba ever since i left -G- >:^)

Is this a thing?

My clan has also recently lost a bunch of players, as clans known as "learning" clans periodically do. But now I am wondering if this loss is part of a more general phenomenon. If it is, it is hard to imagine any other cause than that World of tanks, in general, is losing active players. I took a quick look at vbaddict's numbers ( http://www.vbaddict.net/servers/world-of-tanks/ ). If I am reading the numbers right, it looks like World of Tanks NA does have around 20% less players than 6 months ago. Maybe someone who knows more about these numbers and issues than me can chime in. Am I reading this right?

20 hours ago, mereelskirata said:

Hello? I'm just popping in to say CW is dead. That is all.

QFT.

RIP in Pieces CW.

CW not dead on EU far from it.

1,969 clans participated in the last small campaign "Safari".

Even assuming the average clan there had 75 members (and actually many were at 99 or 100) then on a conservative number (75 x 1,969) then 147,675 players played one battle during that campaign to get a fame point.

I guess RU too be far more.

8 hours ago, sr360 said:

QFT.

RIP in Pieces CW.

It's hard for me to say it because I used to really enjoy CW. Some of the most fun I've ever had in video games was the big server war this year.

9 hours ago, Comrade_Jeff_Pro said:

Hey Eu how is clan league? Oh wait nevermind

Don't get too comfortable, skill wise EU is still above NA. 

Prescient.

After all that was said above two large well known EU purple clans IDEAL and S3EL appear to have fallen over due to CW and the forthcoming "Black Gold" campaign. It would appear that their former members will merc/re-build either/or PTS or QSF-E who were mentioned in my earlier post.

On 12/11/2015, 11:51:12, arthurwellsley said:

But essentially Banish, on EU there are more clans, and it's harder to keep track of, and not so obvious when clans fall over.

Thanks for the nice reply, how about inter-clan activity? Has there been a decrease in wars since 2.0?

CW2.0 didn't kill REL2 (or RELA), my decision killed REL2 (and RELA) and i can explain why.

When we realized that we would be treated like the cast from Django Unchained, having 30 online x3 divisions was not going to generate enough income/influence to feed the dependencies, of 300 players, but 45x2 divisions would cover 200 players.

The structure of RELIC became irrelevant overnight due to the fact that the 2.0 map was a matrix of unrelated, nonsensical territories, with no geographical nuances and the ability of shit clans to parachute in on you from above.

So we gutted 3rd and sent the Unicums to Main, gutted 2nd and sent the Bluenicums to 3rd, and shut down Aux.

The last thing is the worst thing that we could do to affect the WoT Community because i'm convinced that RELIC Aux has produced more Unicums than any other "training-wheel" division, and the structure of RELIC too, has contributed greatly (BULBA, OTTER, -G-, SIMP etc... all great beneficiaries of the system in leaders, callers and Gold League).

So the cause is WG's fault, the effect is my fault, i can't roll back, but i can roll forward.

Clans like PINGU & ESPRT are products of previous clan explosions, but don't typically generate new life by themselves, clans like PBKAC, REL2/A & CHAI/CHAII do however create life by themselves, through the systems they have in place, so i'd be worried more about the structures that give life than reinvent it.

It is also school season, as we get closer to winter break, all the students get more busy.  We will have winter break, but that is only a month and then its back to another semester.
I also think it is only NA that is having this big of a decline in pop.
Also caused by all the other reasons stated by others..

4 hours ago, Lozarus said:

- snip - 

I don't think Relic gives enough credit for helping start up half of Bulba's OG members ;D