Jump to content
Dodge94HUN

How to get that last 2-3% on T10

Recommended Posts

Hey guys!

 

I feel that I am a decent player in internet tanks. I am not really great, but I do not suck in this game either. The problem comes when I try to three mark T10s. While I can get three marks fairly easily on T8 and with a bit more effort on T9, I am absolutely unable to get them on T10. I usually achieve 92-93%, but then I get greedy and totally fuck up my work. All my T10 heavies and my Obj 140 was above 93% for a short period of time, but then the last 2-3% never added up. I may have been playing too agressive or too passive, I had bad decisions, either way: I am completely unable to three mark T10s. I have seen worse players with three marks on their barrel on T10, so I am kinda desperate.

If you look up my stats, you can see that currently I am above 90% with the following tanks: E100, 50B and STB-1. With the E100 I've been over 93%, with the 50B even at 94,5%, but never achieved to play some other good matches and get them three marks. Yesterday I had a really good session with the STB-1 with the result of 80WR and 4k DPG and now I am a shy bit over 90% and I really don't want to fuck this up.

My question is obvious: how to squeeze out that last couple hundred damage which is required to get the third mark? Do you do that alone or with a bit worse, yet reliable platoonmate, who can cover your ass while you reload your mag for example? Do you stop for a day after getting 92-3% and continue "your mission" next day or you like to finish it in one go? Do you tend to play more agressive or more passive at the end? EVERY advice is welcome, maybe even some replay from the last couple of games which resulted in three mark. :brokenheart:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

For me, mainly its based on praying, mm and luck.

I'm capable of constant 3k damages, then I got 3 full tomato teams after each other, we lose after 2 minutes because of cap or the enemy just simply rush us and the whole team get killed including me with like 1600ish dmg in 2 minutes. 

Now when you at your 3rd mark one bad game can result 1-1.5% loss of your progress.

At least for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just keep slogging away. Unless you're an exceptional player who gets the third mark without trying, you just need rng/luck/mm to be in your favour for those.

I found it helpful to stop after 2 shit games in a row though, and focus on something else. Playing on tilt doesn't help.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, dualmaster333 said:

This thread is probably the best discussion out there when it comes to getting 3 MOEs.

You're damn right. I'm gonna change my member title to "discourse elevator"

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, weenis said:

Just keep slogging away. Unless you're an exceptional player who gets the third mark without trying, you just need rng/luck/mm to be in your favour for those.

I found it helpful to stop after 2 shit games in a row though, and focus on something else. Playing on tilt doesn't help.

Well, I guess you are right... I already managed to fuck up the STB, thanks to the freaking precise arties, who snapshot me when I peak over the rails at Prohorovka and who splashed me for 1k 5 minutes before... Maybe I am suffering in the same "disease" as CraBeatOff :facepalm:

5 hours ago, dualmaster333 said:

This thread is probably the best discussion out there when it comes to getting 3 MOEs.

I guess I've been searching in the wrong place for this topic... Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

try to disregard the fact that you "need" damage and try and play as normal. Being fairly campy early on seems to work out better to lessen the derp rate along with being REALLY aggressive during cleanup and use tracking for assisted rather than spotting. There's no risk in tracking but there is in spotting so if you want to let the odds be as much in your favour it goes against the concept of winning if you have arty looking your way. 

 

No arty means you can go as aggressive as you would, derp ratio gets a lot smaller and don't be afraid to take risks but also don't overextend. I've done quite a few T10's recently and it's all about not letting circumstances fuck you over because once you hit a certain point you honestly can deal quite a bit of damage in any situation as long as it's not an overextension. It's just staying calm, proceed as normal, and kick pubbie ass.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, KolniBBW said:

try to disregard the fact that you "need" damage and try and play as normal. Being fairly campy early on seems to work out better to lessen the derp rate along with being REALLY aggressive during cleanup and use tracking for assisted rather than spotting. There's no risk in tracking but there is in spotting so if you want to let the odds be as much in your favour it goes against the concept of winning if you have arty looking your way. 

 

No arty means you can go as aggressive as you would, derp ratio gets a lot smaller and don't be afraid to take risks but also don't overextend. I've done quite a few T10's recently and it's all about not letting circumstances fuck you over because once you hit a certain point you honestly can deal quite a bit of damage in any situation as long as it's not an overextension. It's just staying calm, proceed as normal, and kick pubbie ass.

I think I'll have to work on my "not getting shot at" and "playing not TOO agressive" skills to actually start working then :D

Yesterday I had some good games with the STB, but I am not consistent enough...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...