Shade421

Derp's AW videos

TD"S ARE SHIT, FRIENDS!!!

2oaKVAi.png

ZCk5JRV.png

The equal tier vehicles were almost all Challenger 1's. The higher tier was a T-90 that apparently loses comprehension of objects once he can't see them anymore and drove out sideways in front of me.

Dat damage to MBT's.....

Serious face though, TD's do need some help, but I don't think the problem is completely down to the vehicles themselves. This game is very new, it's still evolving and the meta is about 84% preconceptions from WoT. Played correctly, TD's are actually somewhat viable. They are weak, yes. They are not impotent.

TD"S ARE SHIT, FRIENDS!!!

2oaKVAi.png

ZCk5JRV.png

The equal tier vehicles were almost all Challenger 1's. The higher tier was a T-90 that apparently loses comprehension of objects once he can't see them anymore and drove out sideways in front of me.

Dat damage to MBT's.....

Serious face though, TD's do need some help, but I don't think the problem is completely down to the vehicles themselves. This game is very new, it's still evolving and the meta is about 84% preconceptions from WoT. Played correctly, TD's are actually somewhat viable. They are weak, yes. They are not impotent.

Shhhh, don't tell people about how good the Cent 120 is.

T0iJ9zF.jpgE4TNZec.jpg

You're absolutely right.  Most TD's are actually in a pretty good spot.  The two outliers are the B1 Centauro and the LAV-600, both of which could use some love.

Newbie question: what's amazing about the M1A1? 

Stock config, it's average at everything. But look at the retrofit slots it gets; 2 universal, a firepower, and an armor. So 3 firepower and an armor. So basically, stack 2 damage retros and a reload. I use the thermal sleeve mk 2 from the Centauro, experimental propellant mk 3 from the T-90, and the chrome barrel lining mk 3 from the Leopard 2A5. There are better options for the third one but that's the only other damage mk 3 I had unlocked. Doing this as well as using Viktor as the commander and leveling the crew all the way up gives it 2nd best mobility in tier, after the 2A5, best HP in tier, 2nd best alpha in tier, fastest RoF in tier, on a very well armored platform with excellent gun handling and depression. The only disadvantage is its low pen, the worst at tier 8, but still plenty to make work. So 6.21 sec reload with 608 avg damage with AP. Most players don't ever expect an MBT to hit them for 600 every 6 seconds, and the RoF will catch out a ton of people. It also makes it the most broken MBT in tier 8, and 2nd most broken MBT in the game, after the MS.

PVE pubbies are just too easy.

cHPtpox.jpg

Fun fact; the 72A is one of 2 tanks I have paid to harden, the other being the M1A1.

T-72a is a joy to play.  I don't get why it receives so much hatred.  

*plays tier 9 badger double stack platoons every game*

goes back to 2AV

Yea I ran in to them earlier in tier 8 and 9. M1A1 against their 3 T-90's, killed all 3 with more than half my HP left, because they rushed me....then they did the same in MS's against my A2. Was RIP in pepperonis. They aren't anything even resembling good. They are allowing me to farm them in high tiers, though, so I have to love them for that.

On 1/20/2016 at 1:12 PM, Shade421 said:

Just switched to Sony Vegas for my editing software. It looks soooo much better....but holy fuck it takes the rest of my life to render a 4k 60fps video...

what ever happened with MVP btw? i see you joined my clans allies BADGR? lol did they die? cause they all seemed like good players to me when i platooned with you and some of them.

Also on a side note, could you please record some vids of you playing the M1A1/2 in pvp? nothing special just a standard game, I've been thinking of going for the American MBT's on my NA account.

(wanted the M1A2 for my first T9 but they fucked it over on release so i got the Draco instead and by the time i got my second token it was still fucked so i got the 2A6)

The M1A2 suffers the fatal flaw of not being the T-90MS, so withno more good commander reload bonuses, it blows...again. The A1 is still the best tier 8 MBT, I'll upload some videos of it soon.

On 1/23/2016 at 1:39 PM, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

what ever happened with MVP btw? i see you joined my clans allies BADGR? lol did they die? cause they all seemed like good players to me when i platooned with you and some of them.

Also on a side note, could you please record some vids of you playing the M1A1/2 in pvp? nothing special just a standard game, I've been thinking of going for the American MBT's on my NA account.

(wanted the M1A2 for my first T9 but they fucked it over on release so i got the Draco instead and by the time i got my second token it was still fucked so i got the 2A6)

A whole M1A1 breakdown with gameplay, commentary, and sarcasm.

36 minutes ago, mostlyhybrid said:

That fully upgraded 2A7 is pretty nice looking IMO. Also which 10s do you have derps?

2A7, XM1A3, PL-01 and T-14. Going to get the Chally after those ones are upgraded, and I'm not interested in the T-15 or Sphinx.

32 minutes ago, no_name_cro said:

@Shade421 Since you're probably only one here actively(ish) playing AW, is game worth a revisit? Has anything been fixed in last 5-6 months?

Worth a revisit, yes. PVP is still dead but the PVE is better than it was and the whole game has been improved. Being able to pen Russian MBT's from the side and rear with AFV's for example. The shot delay really is gone, to the point that I noticed absolutely no change playing WoT for a little while and then playing this. You can afford to advance playing PVE now, and the loot system gives a real, tangible reward for not being shit. I'd say it's significantly better, but the population problem has gotten worse.

On 7/25/2016 at 6:04 PM, Shade421 said:

2A7, XM1A3, PL-01 and T-14. Going to get the Chally after those ones are upgraded, and I'm not interested in the T-15 or Sphinx.

Worth a revisit, yes. PVP is still dead but the PVE is better than it was and the whole game has been improved. Being able to pen Russian MBT's from the side and rear with AFV's for example. The shot delay really is gone, to the point that I noticed absolutely no change playing WoT for a little while and then playing this. You can afford to advance playing PVE now, and the loot system gives a real, tangible reward for not being shit. I'd say it's significantly better, but the population problem has gotten worse.

I revisited AW yesterday. Damn, they indeed improved it and it's a big shame that the population isn't where it once was. I've not tried PVP but PVE was pretty much instant. I've also noticed that even if I hit 60fps with my 144hz monitor the game runs so damn smooth( ), I notice it even more than in CSGO. Should run & look great once I upgrade my PC this summer. The biggest part I hated wasn't the grind, that was totally bearable, what I absolutely hated was pretty much the delay which is now indeed fixed, that some tanks were total trash, russians owning everything once again.

My current two highest tiers are the T90 and the M1A2(I think? the T8).