Smbakeresq

Pershing

Doing the on track so just asking for any advice on this. Went with standard medium set up (rammer, vs, optics) but was thinking about replacing optics with vents once BIA comes online to improve gun handling. That and any other advice would be appreciated.

Also is this tank a keeper? I think its pretty good, but is it the case once you get tier 9 you just won't play it?

36 minutes ago, Smbakeresq said:

Doing the on track so just asking for any advice on this. Went with standard medium set up (rammer, vs, optics) but was thinking about replacing optics with vents once BIA comes online to improve gun handling. That and any other advice would be appreciated.

Also is this tank a keeper? I think its pretty good, but is it the case once you get tier 9 you just won't play it?

Hulldown tactics, peek a boo using hills and the great bloom are the way to go with this tank. The gun mantlet will deflect some shots, but do not rely on your turret like you would with RU meds.

Additionally a good amount of prem spam really helps this gun, the AP pen is lackluster sometimes. APCR is your friend. You can play it with AP, of course, but then good luck playing it vs T9s and T10s. Most of the times you are not fast enough to flank reliably, so in the frontal engagements you will have to fire prem ;)

I ran Optics for a long time. It gives you nice view range so you can do vision control when needed. I now have a 4 skill crew with BIA+SA+Recon, so I've switched to running cola+vents while keeping 456 view range. Without all the bonus view range from skills/food, I'd probably stick with Optics.

I personally still enjoy playing the Pershing and take it out regularly. It scales into higher tier battles better because of the great hull down and high pen APCR making it one of the more enjoyable tier 8 tanks to play.

Having a good time with it, the APCR is great and base AP is enough to make some credits on every match. When the skills get there does the gun handling improve alot? It's pretty good now but I like to shoot in 3rd person alot to minimize exposure time so every bit helps.

I ran mine with rammer, vert-stab and optics with BIA.  It's a great setup but I played that a couple of years ago.  With the new(er) meta I'm sure dualmaster's setup is more viable, particularly if you don't have BIA yet.

I hope to blow up the crew this weekend. With on track for 2x crew XP and weekend event for 2x crew XP plus %10 more base XP from something else its climbing fast. 5x on first victories also.

Is it worth stacking a personal reserves bonus on top?

Also, when unlock the M46, I need a crew, should I just take the one from the tier 7 T 20 and sell it? I like the T 20, but tier 7 is a dead tier now with 6 and 8 SH and CW.

I think my Pershing is... rammer, vents, vertstab. I usually don't take forward positions, and let others scout for me and snipe. I try my best to look unimportant/be unseen (pop up and down hills/ridges).

Some days, the gun does derp out and you don't hit much. However, the days it does work... its so nice.

Pershing is NOT a cheap tank to run. It requires a good amount of premium rounds, since the stock round pen is terribad. Only use regular rounds if you have sides or rears of the enemy, or trying to track. I find myself roughly using around 2x more premium rounds than regular rounds. Keep that gun hot to rack up the damage, the alpha isn't all that great.

13 hours ago, Smbakeresq said:

Great tank, definitely a keeper, although it can be a bit expensive to run at times.

Vstab, rammer, optics is all you need on this tank of goodness. Ive had mine forever cause it was the first med line i went down. Id say keep optics no matter what, i got my third mark without any need for vents or food (im not baller enough for food) cause you can spot for yourself and not rely on goofs. Imo optics in randoms is way more useful then a lil less reload with vents and why drain your credits with food on a T8? (you damage whore you!). Cut thru TD camo, make people call out "HACKS!". Laugh at being fodder tier with 265 prem round pen and watch as you pester shit with your hulldown mericaness. You will keep this tank, its just to fun and comfortable not to.

On 11/14/2015, 10:38:33, Britzz said:

Hulldown tactics, peek a boo using hills and the great bloom are the way to go with this tank. The gun mantlet will deflect some shots, but do not rely on your turret like you would with RU meds.

Additionally a good amount of prem spam really helps this gun, the AP pen is lackluster sometimes. APCR is your friend. You can play it with AP, of course, but then good luck playing it vs T9s and T10s. Most of the times you are not fast enough to flank reliably, so in the frontal engagements you will have to fire prem ;)

pretty much this

and you need optics on it....you have literally 0 armor so you need to be able to spot things before they spot you and rekt your face

APCR spam is pretty much the norm for the first 1/2 of the game until you can get side/rear shots

I think the Pershing and the OBJ 416 are the medium "keepers". STA-1 has it's own arguments too, but yes, these 3's, are the mediums to keep. 

T44 is one nimble tank, and some people may like that tank for it's pros and cons, but I couldn't make it work (I played it pre-buff).

I'll probably keep my OBJ 416 & Pershing forever, but, eventually sell my STA-1. Definitely, and easily, the most "comfortable" tank among all the tier 8's.

What tank is the Tier X version of the Tier VIII Pershing? Is it the M48? STB-1?

I'm trying to find a tank that's higher tiers, that plays just like the Pershing. In tier IX, I think the M46 plays most similar (I wonder, Cent 7/1 w. the 20 pdr?), but, what about in Tier X?

The thing that keeps drawing me to the Pershing is the gun handing, depression, and rate of fire. This and the OBJ 416 are most comfortable tanks to play at Tier 8, and I'm doing a little research project to find their higher tier brothers.

What tank is the Tier X version of the Tier VIII Pershing? Is it the M48? STB-1?

I'd probably say AX or m48.. the stb-1's gun handeling is to unreliable to be compared with a pershing. 

Tbh. when i grinded my pershing i rly didn't find its turret to be anywhere near good enought to stay hulldown and abuse it. Its decent enought to crest over ridges and get a shot in as the angles will be extreme for the opponent, but flat on its way to unreliable to be considered a good hull down tank. 

But the pershing is soo bae, ran it with Vents/Rammer/Vstab and cola until i got my 3 marks and finished the grind. Then i dropped the Cola+vents for optics - which is alright, but lost atleast 300 dpg after i switched and got the marks, which i blame a mixture of switching cola out (food usually gives me + 5-10% dpg) and just not caring anymore. 

I'd probably say AX or m48.. the stb-1's gun handeling is to unreliable to be compared with a pershing. 

Tbh. when i grinded my pershing i rly didn't find its turret to be anywhere near good enought to stay hulldown and abuse it. Its decent enought to crest over ridges and get a shot in as the angles will be extreme for the opponent, but flat on its way to unreliable to be considered a good hull down tank. 

But the pershing is soo bae, ran it with Vents/Rammer/Vstab and cola until i got my 3 marks and finished the grind. Then i dropped the Cola+vents for optics - which is alright, but lost atleast 300 dpg after i switched and got the marks, which i blame a mixture of switching cola out (food usually gives me + 5-10% dpg) and just not caring anymore. 

Thnx for the tip! Food is the way to 3 mark it huh? Do you know the avg dmg needed in the tank to 3 mark it?

I ran Optics for a long time. It gives you nice view range so you can do vision control when needed. I now have a 4 skill crew with BIA+SA+Recon, so I've switched to running cola+vents while keeping 456 view range. Without all the bonus view range from skills/food, I'd probably stick with Optics.

I personally still enjoy playing the Pershing and take it out regularly. It scales into higher tier battles better because of the great hull down and high pen APCR making it one of the more enjoyable tier 8 tanks to play.

Is it still viable with the Patton KR though... which is basically a premium Pershing. With that in my garage maybe the Pershing becomes less interesting as a keeper.

I'm trying to find a tank that's higher tiers, that plays just like the Pershing. In tier IX, I think the M46 plays most similar (I wonder, Cent 7/1 w. the 20 pdr?), but, what about in Tier X?

The thing that keeps drawing me to the Pershing is the gun handing, depression, and rate of fire. This and the OBJ 416 are most comfortable tanks to play at Tier 8, and I'm doing a little research project to find their higher tier brothers.

M48 just got a buff too right? I have started gathering some exp again every now an then on the Pershing. I will move on but that does mean I may have to start playing my T20 again as well as I have a crew there to train.

Thnx for the tip! Food is the way to 3 mark it huh? Do you know the avg dmg needed in the tank to 3 mark it?

I did the 3 marks in just under 100 games with around 2530 dpg + assisted. So im not rly sure what is needed to do it in 100 games exact but i'd guess 2600 combined. 

On 1.3.2016 at 1:26 AM, Alex5978 said:

Love this tank, but damn it's expensive to run.  My most played tank, probably why I'm always out of credits.

Expensive to run? Regular AP costs 255 credits. Compare that to for example Centurion 1 that has AP with less alfa for 680 credits. If you shoot a lot of gold then every tank is expensive to run...

Obj 416. Only keeper from tier 8 meds. Dat HEAT is so good... and stock round is 1230 creds...You end up firing a lot of HEAT if you wanna WR...because noobs can not kill IS-7s, E100s and Jageroos, so you end up as mobile td platform in tier X. Obscene camp, so much that it is useful even in corridor maps. 250 m from enemies and they can not see you unless 400+ view range.

I played Pershing a bit on my brothers acc, and did not like it. Alpha is not as good as it was on T20, penetration is nice, but still worse tier for tier than T20 (which had better AP and gold penetration if you look at the average armor levels in respectable tiers )...so I gave up that line on my acc after eliting T20.

Problem is that IS-3 is dominating current gameplay, and there is not many ridges left to effectively counter them any more. Maps are too flat to evade their shots, or you end fighting over unimportant piece of map against lights and other crappy meds. Dmg wise it is OK, but not for WR. 

I would rather play T20 any day just to not having see e5/IS-7 and jageroos any more, thanks to the recent top of the trees, and OP Tier 9 and 10 mediums, which eat you alive. Russian and Czech are the worst, since they are more mobile, and just dpm/clip you down.

In the end, I sold my T20 with 3 skill and retrained for  T67 - sealclubbing on its finest. My bro sold the Pershing after grinding through the fattons, to put a good crew in T57.  Bottom line is that we ended with OP tanks from german/ussr/usa lines, Russian meds and USA and German heavies.

I do see unica playing the Parsh/fatton on ocassion, just to prove that it is viable, but they die much easier than in T54 if there are competent players in opposing team. 

On 4/3/2016 at 1:38 PM, TohtoriP said:

Expensive to run? Regular AP costs 255 credits. Compare that to for example Centurion 1 that has AP with less alfa for 680 credits. If you shoot a lot of gold then every tank is expensive to run...

People fire AP?