kunjuro

Zhalo S vs AMX-10P Pac 90

Hi guys, I'm planning to pick up a tier IV premium vehicle soon (it's all I can afford right now :( ) There are only two available in-game: the Zhalo S and the AMX pac 90. One offers superior speed and camo while the other boasts better gun stability + alpha and pen. I'd like to ask which of the two is a better TD platform? While old wotlab/unicum posts say the Zhalo is slightly superior, I've seen quite a substantial number of people saying the AMX 10 Pac was better as a whole. Thanks

27 minutes ago, Nekommando said:

It depends on whether you can tolerate wheel vehicles or not.

So the Zhalo is superior as long as you can take the handling?

4 hours ago, kunjuro said:

So the Zhalo is superior as long as you can take the handling?

Well, not always. 10p has the better dpm and alpha, it gets a heat round, but the Zhalo has much better view range and camo and is faster (10p traverse is shit, but still tracks are better)

Its basically one is more camo sniping with good view range, and the other has more pew pew.

I have both and the pac 90 is better imho. TDs are all about guns, and with the zhalos having no heat round it makes it hard to destroy soft targets.

With the camo system/map design, odds are you will be spotted after firing, so i found the camo difference to be negligible.

As for the wheeled vs tracks debate, i prefer to be able to traverse on the spot rather then making a 3 point turn.

also the zhalo isnt that much faster than the 10 P add with that horrible gun depression and i feel like the pac 90 is a far superior tank.

the zhalo requires a lot more work to get it to fire, you cant use hills and stuff like the pac 90 can.

its a decent tank for a tier 4 but i dont think its in the same league as the pac 90

One thing you can do with the Zhalo that you can't do with the AMX is spot. With Sabrina and the right retrofits you get over 500m view range, better camo and a gun to take advantage of things you spot too.

I hate the Zhalo's handling, it is a bitch to drive and get your gun on target. But I consistently get higher rep/game because of its AFVlike vision.

On 18/11/2015 10:55:44, Krollin said:

One thing you can do with the Zhalo that you can't do with the AMX is spot. With Sabrina and the right retrofits you get over 500m view range, better camo and a gun to take advantage of things you spot too.

I hate the Zhalo's handling, it is a bitch to drive and get your gun on target. But I consistently get higher rep/game because of its AFVlike vision.

This, you can bully same tier MBTs because they can't spot you while you spot and nail them.

I played 3 battles in the AMX 10P PAC 90 just now for the first time since crew skill change , and let me just say it is incredibly overpowered. It currently has 6449dpm with AP and 8072dpm with HEAT, it is far too good right now with crew skills being what they are. The vehicle is supposed to be balanced out with it's inherent lack of speed/agility, but this is no longer the case when stacking crew skills, add in the 8 degrees of gun depression and you have a monster.

jtXnLdN.jpg