Sign in to follow this  
bathoz

Ranked Season 1 (well, two)

55 minutes ago, OnboardG1 said:

Huh that's something to work towards then, although I'm not going to put myself through stupid queue times for a random reward I don't know about yet.

There are no stupid queue times atm, there is either a fast match if you are below rank 5 or no matches if you are above it (in NA though I imagine it is there same everywhere so far).

4 minutes ago, AntonioHandsome said:

What do you mean mr. I paid 60 bucks shouldn't be allowed to play in ranked battles with his unsinkable Tirpitz?

That is exactly what I mean. Btw, I'm still mad that a AFK North Carolina cost me that game you were in earlier.

The NM is pretty much the same as the Warspite, it has all the same strengths and weaknesses. The maneuverable hard hitting battleships are the way to go in the mid tiers, imo. I consistently see fuso's and when I'm matches against them in the Warspite it's not really any competition. It's quick turning enough to avoid all the long range salvos until you get in range, which is over 19km when you use the spotter aircraft. And at close range the Warspite puts more firepower on target quicker, without exception. The only thing that's been my frustration so far is allies cruisers that don't know what they're doing, and enemy cruisers that work well together. Other battleships are easy to deal with, as are destroyers, and enemy cruisers that don't work together to take me down just can't. The only match I've lost so far was a combination of my cruisers going off alone to their deaths and a group of 3 Clevelands that worked together to bring me down, even though I killed 2 of them before I bought it. The only enemies that survived that match were a Minekaze that hid from me and the one Cleveland I couldn't kill. Its a much more engaging and fun dynamic than randoms.

Same issue I'm having, either my team works together and we win or they split off and we lose. Had one match with at least two players didn't speak english, sure enough they went off on their own along with another ship, divided our forces and we lost, I told them to come back of they didn't understand and I couldn't understand what they were saying in chat. Auto translate would be a awesome feature in game

EU has got a problem of language barriers. There have been games where trying to coordinate teams was a nightmare because of load times and language. I now call almost everything in shortcuts and very simple English. Also I explicitly tell cruisers not to YOLO the cap because they just die.

My least favourite matchup so far. Ocean when the other team has two Fusos and two Nurnbergs (and you don't). Pubbies will not advance into that fire. Pubbies need to advance.

In theory, the New Mexico may be far more vulnerable to Nurnburg AP and Cleveland HE due to having 25mm armour everywhere except the belt & turrets. Maybe even Cleveland AP, if anyone fires that at BBs.

On the other hand, 25mm is exactly enough to ricochet 14" shells, so the NM should be pretty good against the Fuso in a straight fight.

I did only a few battles in it, did not work as well as the NM for me.

It takes me longer to do damage in the Warspite, I can dish out more faster in the NM.

The Warspite is more survivable and can yolo better. But I have the impression that the battle is often decided very fast, after only a few minutes.  So the NM works better for me.

I'm quickly losing interest.  Maybe I'm just terrible at this game, but most of my battles begin with at least one of my teammates YOLOing straight into the enemy, unless they're AFK instead.  I guess wake me up when team-based competition exists in this game.

2 hours ago, Tedster59 said:

I need to buy a tier 6 BB, as I'm failing hard with Mutsuki and can't carry hard enough with Kongo, and I don't have Warspite :QQ: 

Feel your pain, I've been thinking about rebuying the NM for a while and playing rank has almost sealed the deal. My Kongo does great but it doesn't have the fire power nor the armor to go toe to toe with the competent NM captain