Joyrider216

The Super Duper Pershing

8 hours ago, Nicarasu said:

I always always always hated the super pershing. I haven't played it much since the buff but getting one too early was one of the main reasons it took me so long to reach yellow. (Yesterday, now on the hunt for green.)

How?

Just showing up and pressing 2, 2 with SP should get you to blue easy..

3 hours ago, nemlengyel said:

Picked it up in the end. First game was pretty meh, did some DMG but got penned by all kinds of stuff. Do you guys wiggle both your tank and turret while trying to avoid exposing the turret cheeks and side armor?

Also, I need 500,000 credits to get a Vstab. Shit.

Wiggle turret and point the gun in the air to cover most of turret weak spot.

19 minutes ago, Remove_Arty said:

How?

Just showing up and pressing 2, 2 with SP should get you to blue easy..

Wiggle turret and point the gun in the air to cover most of turret weak spot.

I bought it far too long ago, back before I really thought of shooting gold as something I could do. I was at like 1000 battles and it just did not work for me. More recently, I got my Pershing, and sold the Super, cause the Pershing is about 40 million times more fun and I have a KR (Which I managed to mark, thanks rentals) to train my crew with. It just put me in Tier 8 far sooner than I should have been and gave me unrealistic expectations about how armored a medium tank was.

...and ragesold. WTF is this shit? Penned and rekt by arty in three consecutive games, of which two were on fucking Kharkov. Slower than a T34, armor layout is only good against absolute retards, except when RNG decides to allows them to pen your LFP. I regret investing in this.

I love my SP. When spamming APCR it's basically like cheating. nothing stands in the way of you Making America Great Again. Its only 2,300 avg dmg to get 3 MoE. It only took me a week or so of hard grinding to get that and i'm a shitter. that should speak volumes to how amazing this tank is

It's just incredibly boring though. Like, sooooo boring.

I started playing it again after selling it way back when then winning it back in some marathon. Played about 30 games, thought 'fuck this shit' and bought a KR.

No regrets.

3 hours ago, Siimcy said:

SP is only good with full APCR. This armor works great for me even against T9s. :doge: It's one of my most favorite T8s in the game.

It's good with AP aswell, as long as you don't face heavies.

guess I just got super unlucky... FCM and 112 pen LFP with standard AP first match, then I get artied for the three subsequent matches

contrary to my sperging shitpost here, I stopped short of rageselling it because I reminded myself there is investment in this tenk, yo

someday when I'll have the nerves, I'll try it again

On April 2, 2016 at 4:06 PM, nemlengyel said:

Picked it up in the end. First game was pretty meh, did some DMG but got penned by all kinds of stuff. Do you guys wiggle both your tank and turret while trying to avoid exposing the turret cheeks and side armor?

Also, I need 500,000 credits to get a Vstab. Shit.

Yes.  Wiggle all the things.  And the mobility is significantly better than the T34 IMO.  The T34 is probably slightly faster uphill, but the SP turns pretty well.

I don't find it necessary to wiggle unless I'm stationary and exposed out in the open (which is generally something you want to avoid in the first place)-usually it works well to just keep moving in some fashion, even if it's simply normal back and forth.

OK, either something's fuggidy with the SP armor or I'm starting to buy into the whole WarPack/aim-bot mod - these past few days T-54 lwts, CDCs and all sorts of Tier 7/Tier 8 MTs keep hitting my weakspots like Chris Brown hit Rihanna.

And it's not like I'm standing still (more than needed to actually aim a bit, curse than gun dispersion) waiting to be hit - but they're also managing to pop out of cover and slam one in my turret top with minimal aiming

Also, even though sometimes I can't exactly tell where they hit me because standard graphics fail (on my work PC) but I get the feeling that they can get quite easily through my angled frontal armor as well.

Hell, if I didn't had so many occasions where a perfectly aimed shot against a SP turret top bounced or just critted, it wouldn't piss me off so much - but in these days it's like penning one takes little to no aiming at all

Just re-bought the SP and I have had some mixed results. First off arty just loves to shit all over me in this thing, I spend more time dancing then shooting some games. Second I to have had some weird pens and can't figure out how or where? However when things work it works well and blocking 1000hp damage just seems normal in this thing. It spoils you and can make you sloppy in your other tanks. 

There is no excuse to not to play the SuperP except spending actual money on a video game. If you're fine with that just buy this tank already!

On May 9, 2016 at 7:10 AM, Fedaykin89 said:

OK, either something's fuggidy with the SP armor or I'm starting to buy into the whole WarPack/aim-bot mod - these past few days T-54 lwts, CDCs and all sorts of Tier 7/Tier 8 MTs keep hitting my weakspots like Chris Brown hit Rihanna.

And it's not like I'm standing still (more than needed to actually aim a bit, curse than gun dispersion) waiting to be hit - but they're also managing to pop out of cover and slam one in my turret top with minimal aiming

Also, even though sometimes I can't exactly tell where they hit me because standard graphics fail (on my work PC) but I get the feeling that they can get quite easily through my angled frontal armor as well.

Hell, if I didn't had so many occasions where a perfectly aimed shot against a SP turret top bounced or just critted, it wouldn't piss me off so much - but in these days it's like penning one takes little to no aiming at all

Just random luck.  If 95% of your front end is invulnerable, they're still gonna hit one shot in 20 and pen...and sometimes those will come in streaks.

On 9/5/2016 at 1:10 PM, Fedaykin89 said:

Well, SP is a really old tank and its HD model with retarded armour came a long time ago..

now everyone knows how to reliably pen it.. last time a SP platoon called me a cheater because i killed both of them on my own, engaging them frontally in my m46...

30 minutes ago, WhatTheSkara said:

Well, SP is a really old tank and its HD model with retarded armour came a long time ago..

now everyone knows how to reliably pen it.. last time a SP platoon called me a cheater because i killed both of them on my own, engaging them frontally in my m46...

I assure you, very few people know how to reliably pen an SP, especially if you keep moving.

Just now, FlorbFnarb said:

I assure you, very few people know how to reliably pen an SP, especially if you keep moving.

maybe i'm one of the lucky (or retarded) few that spend a whole hour in a training room when the HD model came out to see how reliably i could pen it with different tanks (ranging from tier 6 to 9)

5 minutes ago, WhatTheSkara said:

maybe i'm one of the lucky (or retarded) few that spend a whole hour in a training room when the HD model came out to see how reliably i could pen it with different tanks (ranging from tier 6 to 9)

Most people just aim center mass, click, bounce, then get salty about the "OP tank" with a weak engine and paper side armor.

Cuz people are dumb.

19 hours ago, FlorbFnarb said:

Most people just aim center mass, click, bounce, then get salty about the "OP tank" with a weak engine and paper side armor.

Cuz people are dumb.

and tier 6 SPGs pen your engine deck for full 900 dmg + fire

21 hours ago, FlorbFnarb said:

Cuz people are dumb.

Not really. At least on on EU. Here people hit weakspots on a fairly regular basis. Also the randomness of the SP armor means you will get freak pens when you shoot at it. 

On 28/6/2016 at 11:42 AM, crapcannon said:

How's the gun depression and vert/rammer/optics?

Thanks

Gun depression is fine, should be -8 which is enough for most maps..

I'm running rammer, vents, vstab..

I could run optics but since I frequently swap crews I prefer to have decent gun control over vision.. the tank is armoured enough to fight on the front line (and you don't really need optics to shoot tanks at 100m)..

I might stick to a single crew and go for optics tho since I just got my second mark (averaging 3k+ combined)..

Also I noticed that ap isn't really that bad after all.. 170 is ok against most of the tanks you'll face.. I currently run 26/26/2 and I usually end up really low on ap but with a healthy amount of premium for those endgame carries..

Or I find myself against a bunch of tier 9s, in that case I just 2-2 my way through them :serb:

On 6/28/2016 at 5:42 PM, crapcannon said:

How's the gun depression and vert/rammer/optics?

Thanks

On 10/25/2016 at 2:21 PM, WhatTheSkara said:

Gun depression is fine, should be -8 which is enough for most maps..

It has -10 degrees gun depression...

It's your pick if you want to run optics or vents. The vents will help edge you out in close-range brawling, and optics for spotting for yourself in long-range fights where your armor is more reliable.

I just picked up this tank, and 170 pen is actually workable. If it doesn't, I just 22 my way out, which I can't really do in other tanks.

My God is it slow, though. Being outpaced by heavies is a bit of a downer.