Stryker13

Skills need tuning.

Pop quiz.

What happens when you Spawn  in abbey in your bat chat and the enemy team has 6 cent action x's 3 from
otter 3 from relic, and two thirds of your team derp down the low road (we both know the cents are coming
through the hills) and your toon mates go hills? You die with 0 damage done.

Time and time again I am amazed at how these blue and pale purple wn8 players fail to read  a team comp pre battle. Then I check their stats....yep lower tier stat padding. It seems the only meta they understand is how to shoot the enemy a lot.

I thought about this last night and this morning.  Then I started watching barks internally's live stream. First thing I noticed was he doesn't use xvm in battle. Wait a second, a lot of unis don't use xvm...... So what are they seeing that I don't ? Why can these guys Que up in a "bad tank" and still be top at the end?

Map reading check
Team comp check
TIMING almost there
pubbie psychology check

But all these skills need fine tuned, tweaked

They say that tier ten is the most punishing, I agree. I now believe that ten is also the key. Master ten and the rest of the tiers fall into place. (Probably the reason most great players don't play them,it's not a challenge ). I could stat pad my way to uniland. But that's like cheating at solitare. As soon as you try to play with others you are exposed.

I want to get into a GOOD clan. Not for gold or free tanks or bragging rights. I want to get in so I can platoon with skilled players enjoy a beer and leave the enemies smoking wrecks on the battlefield, while the cries of their lamenting women ease me off to sleep.

So I am asking for your help to get my skills honed.

I mainly play na east will do west also and am on most nights starting between 11:30 and midnight.  Any other hours/days can be arranged in advance. Oh, and I don't have a lot of disposable income so I can't really pay for tutoring.

Thanks for you consideration,
Stryker13

http://wotlabs.net/na/player/Stryker13

16 minutes ago, Stryker13 said:

...so I can platoon with skilled players enjoy a beer and leave the enemies smoking wrecks on the battlefield, while the cries of their lamenting women ease me off to sleep.

This is the best reason to play. Not for bragging rights, prestige or to shame others.

BEER.

I wish I could recommend a clan. I'm definitely a solo-pub failure.

:sunbro:

Is it just me or is the formating of the OP somehow messed up?
Can only see the left two thirds of the text, right side is overlayed by the Topics bar.

Your problem will mostly lie in consistency and decision making, which are obviously the two hardest things to work on for most players. There are ways to improve them, But don't expect instant improvement it will take time especially if you're doing it yourself, I'll give you some tips.

1. Start watching your replays in order of worst to best, and don't just focus on what you did wrong but also what you could've done differently in the situation, equally as important practice looking at team comp and think where the enemy might go and because of that where you should go, you might find that you should have gone somewhere else in the beginning of a match.

2. Play with equal or better skilled players who have the same mindset (want to improve and become better at the game). Talk to these platoon mates before the match starts about where you should go and why, Discussing decision making with others gives us different aspects that we can't see ourselves and help us improve.

3. Personal Opinion,  Don't ever play mad, and if you lose 3-4 games in a row take, 30-60-minute breaks, stop the 10-game losing streak chain that shouldn't even happen, not only will you see your win rate increase, but you will also find that you will enjoy the game more than you already do.

4. Pick 3-4 tanks of similar play style or same tank type and play them for that day, sometimes people overwhelm themselves playing 30 tanks in 30 games....... it doesn't help having to constantly remind ourselves what the strength and weakness of a tank are when you should be focusing on Map reading, Team comp, enemy placement, friendly placement, etc., and this also gives you time to improve in the style of tanks you picked explore and innovate yourself to new positions and ideas don't be predictable, But don't be an aggressive crazy moron either.

Hope this helps, Good Luck improving hope it goes well for you!

EDITED

thanks for the heads up i think i got it sorted out.

17 minutes ago, SmyleeRage said:

Your problem will mostly lie in consistency and decision making, which are obviously the two hardest things to work on for most players. There are ways to improve them, But don't expect instant improvement it will take time especially if you're doing it yourself, I'll give you some tips.

1. Start watching your replays in order of worst to best, and don't just focus on what you did wrong but also what you could've done differently in the situation, equally as important practice looking at team comp and think where the enemy might go and because of that where you should go, you might find that you should have gone somewhere else in the beginning of a match.

2. Play with equal or better skilled players who have the same mindset (want to improve and become better at the game). Talk to these platoon mates before the match starts about where you should go and why, Discussing decision making with others gives us different aspects that we can't see ourselves and help us improve.

3. Personal Opinion,  Don't ever play mad, and if you lose 3-4 games in a row take, 30-60-minute breaks, stop the 10-game losing streak chain that shouldn't even happen, not only will you see your win rate increase, but you will also find that you will enjoy the game more than you already do.

4. Pick 3-4 tanks of similar play style or same tank type and play them for that day, sometimes people overwhelm themselves playing 30 tanks in 30 games....... it doesn't help having to constantly remind ourselves what the strength and weakness of a tank are when you should be focusing on Map reading, Team comp, enemy placement, friendly placement, etc., and this also gives you time to improve in the style of tanks you picked explore and innovate yourself to new positions and ideas don't be predictable, But don't be an aggressive crazy moron either.

Hope this helps, Good Luck improving hope it goes well for you!

theres the rub.........cant seem to find other like minded mates who are EQUALLY skilled.

6 minutes ago, Stryker13 said:

EDITED

thanks for the heads up i think i got it sorted out.

theres the rub.........cant seem to find other like minded mates who are EQUALLY skilled.

Make a post in the platoon section and list what kind of players you would like to play with etc

Clan hop. Join clans with players just above your level that will take you, play with them, learn from them, when you pass them or find somewhere better to be, move on.

:3 while trying not to burn bridges in the process

21 minutes ago, tomhwk said:

Clan hop. Join clans with players just above your level that will take you, play with them, learn from them, when you pass them or find somewhere better to be, move on.

:3 while trying not to burn bridges in the process

Look at my clan history I've done that. I'm at the point where. need MENTORING to improve my play so that I can get in to havokrelicvillian etc. That is why I'm here. I've read the forums till I need glasses,I've watched u tube and twitch streams till my eyes bleed. I've been studying for over a year. I need a mentor please. I truly appreciate all the advice I am being given. and look forward to reading more

Can someone also tell me why my stats below my avatar are so wrong ?

I've played 26k battles have a 54% win rate and a1644 overall wn8

31 minutes ago, Stryker13 said:

Can someone also tell me why my stats below my avatar are so wrong ?

I've played 26k battles have a 54% win rate and a1644 overall wn8

Looks like you haven't verified your account so it can sync with WoTlabs.

3 minutes ago, FavreFan4ever said:

Looks like you haven't verified your account so it can sync with WoTlabs.

Account VerificationYour World of Tanks account is verified
Your forum account is linked to the account Stryker13.

nope that's not it.

1 hour ago, Stryker13 said:

Account VerificationYour World of Tanks account is verified
Your forum account is linked to the account Stryker13.

nope that's not it.

Put in a issue message for @Never at:

http://forum.wotlabs.net/index.php?/forum/56-wotlabs-issue-reporting/

Am I a leper? Shunned by the community perhaps? Should I Change my post to blue guy wants to improve? Is the brokenstat  line below my name keeping mentors away? Why no offers?

24 minutes ago, Stryker13 said:

Am I a leper? Shunned by the community perhaps? Should I Change my post to blue guy wants to improve? Is the brokenstat  line below my name keeping mentors away? Why no offers?

Not that I'll be a great mentor but I'll platoon with you.

And chill nobody not everybody here is a mentor slave

1 hour ago, Goldflag said:

Not that I'll be a great mentor but I'll platoon with you.

And chill nobody not everybody here is a mentor slave

Sounds great. Pm me in game