Guardian54

Indiscipline amongst Gud Tenkers

The acceptability of indiscipline  

45 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is most socially acceptable if you aren't doing as well as you expected?

• Throw a tantrum and smash things--keyboards,monitors, mice, all these things can take your anger except yourself
    • Throw a tantrum and harm yourself--punching yourself in the face, cutting, etc.
    • Get angry at the game and quit for the night
    • You couldn't give a wooden nickel about doing poorly, you play until you no longer feel like playing or otherwise have to leave
    • Be determined to do better in coming matches, but if the streak continues then quit for the night without the progress you wanted (say a crew perk or X amount of grind)
    • Be determined to do better in coming matches, buckled down, and continue until objectives met or time constraint makes you leave, but even if you failed, YOU WILL BE BACK!

I saw this on official forums recently:

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/473362-hey-pubbies-yes-you-you-tin-foil-wearing-average-baddie/

Apparently it is socially acceptable among "good" players to smash keyboards and mice just because of their own screw-ups in a video game... oh, and let's not forget intentional drowning... instead of gritting their teeth and doing better in the subsequent matches. (and yes, this is after hearing quite enough claims of similar rage from other good players around this forum)

No one is a genius from day one in WoT. How did they get good? They buckled down and learned. They didn't get angry, throw a tantrum and destroy property, and then rage quit. Since when was it socially acceptable for "good" players, after getting better than the average grunt who keeps the MM going and the target range full, to throw tantrums just because things didn't go well briefly for them?Besides the pleasures of hypocrisy, of course.

The way I see it is:

Lose a few games? So be it, there are many more matches to be played and many more things to learn, randomly getting losing streaks is beyond normal (ever seen randomly generated dice rolls? Streaks of even numbers, or hell streaks of say 1 and 2 (if you are a 2/3 win player), are a lot more common than you might expect). It is... extra ordinary (no, really, since apparently actually buckling down and improving instead of throwing a tantrum is common among all tiers of players, actually remaining calm and learning is truly extraordinary).

Lose your head and go berserk just because of a few losses where you spent nothing besides leisure time? Pathetic, almost more pathetic than botters, pah!

Please communicate your opinions, and vote in the poll.

When Tsavo put "Not looking for any clan that places rules on what I can and can't post on the forums.  I have a snarky, wiseass reputation to keep there." in his LFC post, I didn't know what he meant. Now I do.

16 minutes ago, X3N4 said:

If you would buckle down and improve instead of worrying what "good" players do you'd be a lot better, too.

Not everyone learns as fast as you do. Feel good about that plz.

On the other hand, not everyone (e.g. not you for example) understands the concept of the looking-glass self.

4 minutes ago, Fulcrous said:

Uh... how is that link a bad poast that condescends the average player?

All it's saying is that 'hey, I get shit games, too'.

He talks about smashing keyboards and mice many times, and is super salty over a short loss streak that by sheer large number of games would arise with anyone.

I am speaking of my observations of people who claim to be good throwing tantrums and then being snobbish toward anyone else who gets even remotely irritated and always tell people to "git gud" whenever people complain (see old KV-1S whine threads and the number of "git gud" fake-blues and fake-unis from there).

Tantrums are disgusting.

7 minutes ago, Guardian54 said:

He talks about smashing keyboards and mice many times, and is super salty over a short loss streak that by sheer large number of games would arise with anyone.

I am speaking of my observations of people who claim to be good throwing tantrums and then being snobbish toward anyone else who gets even remotely irritated and always tell people to "git gud" whenever people complain (see old KV-1S whine threads and the number of "git gud" fake-blues and fake-unis from there).

Tantrums are disgusting.

Why care about some random player?
In all honesty, if someone is upset over losing that just shows how competitive they are or what kind of standards they hold to themselves.

You want to know what Messi did whenever he lost? He would sit in the team's room with a towel on his head and cry for hours. Different playing level, I know, but at the end of the day both are still doing an activity they love/like/whatever.

Also why generalize this player to everyone else? It's not as if the average player whines and does the same. People are human. Get over it and stop caring.

Honestly I see no reason to make such a big deal over this, much less come to wotlabs to post because people handle situations differently.

15 minutes ago, Guardian54 said:

Not everyone learns as fast as you do. Feel good about that plz.

Do you actually realise how many hundreds of hours of non-stop battles you'd have at 17k? Spoiler: it's 1416 if we assume a 5 minute average. X3N4 has almost twice that, so I'm not sure how you think he's a magical miracle player, rather than someone who just really practiced a lot and tried to do better.

11 minutes ago, Zinn said:

Do you actually realise how many hundreds of hours of non-stop battles you'd have at 17k? Spoiler: it's 1416 if we assume a 5 minute average. X3N4 has almost twice that, so I'm not sure how you think he's a magical miracle player, rather than someone who just really practiced a lot and tried to do better.

doesnt explain those base defending E 100s with 50k battles

45 minutes ago, Guardian54 said:

Not everyone learns as fast as you do.

High battle-count tomatoes aren't tomatoes simply because they didn't manage to learn the basic game mechanics over the course of thousands of battles.   It's not that they're "slow learners"; they just don't learn.  Those that do learn already had that potential even as a noob.

Bad poast linking to a bad poast on the bad forum?

anigif_enhanced-30906-1415225290-6.gif

Also why the hell would you care if a random guy in a random place is upset because he loses at a videogame? To be fair the fact you took the time to open a topic about this worries me even more than the idea of a guy raging at a screen

Now I remember why I'm on vacation from that forum: There's hardly anything interesting to read nowadays...Yes, I post cancer there for my own amusement. But somedays I wonder when will they improve.

Funny thing is that Tsavo angry at himself for the losses, as he rightly recognizes the mistakes he made during battle instead of claiming rigged game as most baddies do, but OP doesn't seem to have realized that before shitposting here.

11 hours ago, Guardian54 said:

Please communicate your opinions

I get on Wotlabs to see if any new thread interest me. I then see this and think to myself, huh, what mistakes are the good players making. Then i read half of this trash and my eyes start burning. Posts like this is why ill never go back to the official forums. Please, take this post and put it over there where it belongs.