Jump to content
Masterpupil2

House is currently getting DDOSed

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Flaksmith said:

@Masterpupil2 I assume this isn't the first time you've had issues with you mom?

Nope, but it's the first time I snapped and told her to shut the fuck up a couple times before pinning her down and asking her to apologize for always being the way she is when she is drunk. After she refused I grabbed her beer and chucked it over to the neighbor's lawns. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yay for alcoholism

Im not terribly good with this but would a proxy do anything in this situation? (:fat: pretty sure it would only help prevent it but meh)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you have a static IP then you should be able to request an IP change.

Also, report the DDoS to your ISP and they will follow it back and do something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, OOPMan said:

If you have a static IP then you should be able to request an IP change.

Also, report the DDoS to your ISP and they will follow it back and do something?

According to my mom (via text), Comcast can not do anything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Masterpupil2 said:

According to my mom (via text), Comcast can not do anything. 

Comcast are legendary outside of even the US for being retarded fucknuts.

Simply threaten to close your account with them if they do nothing. Them claiming they can do nothing is a complete lie. They could very easily install an incoming packet filter based on rate limiting to prevent the DDoS.

Then and again, they are retards, maybe even that simple shit is beyond them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm glad i got a good dice roll with parents and never really fought with them.

there's a thing on chrome called proxymate that get through region blocker ('straya) mabye it would help

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, waga100 said:

I'm glad i got a good dice roll with parents and never really fought with them.

there's a thing on chrome called proxymate that get through region blocker ('straya) mabye it would help

Dad left when I was young, and my mom chooses to make her life harder by being a drunk. idek.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Proxies will not help in a DDOS situation.

The only thing to do when getting DDOS'd, as a normal consumer, is disconnect, call your ISP and tell them that you suspect you're being DDOS'd and it's in their ball court to mitigate/fix it.

If you're persistent enough, you'll find the one techsupport that'll help you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Masterpupil2 said:

Forgot to mention that the dude threatened to SWAT me, if anyone gets a kick out of that. 

I really hope you were recording this, or can get his steam info because he could be legitimately looking at some serious jail time for what hes doing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Assassin7 said:

I really hope you were recording this, or can get his steam info because he could be legitimately looking at some serious jail time for what hes doing

Nothing funnier than getting revenge by sending a guy who is angry at you to jail over a video game headshot in CSGO XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OOPMan said:

Comcast are legendary outside of even the US for being retarded fucknuts.

Simply threaten to close your account with them if they do nothing. Them claiming they can do nothing is a complete lie. They could very easily install an incoming packet filter based on rate limiting to prevent the DDoS.

Then and again, they are retards, maybe even that simple shit is beyond them.

Here's a crazy idea: is it possible to setup a MITM filter so all incoming packets get modified and bounces back to the source rather than slamming into the targeted node? Obviously this will reduce all incoming traffic to zero by design, but it would be hellishly fun to use as long as you can sniff the packets fast enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Um... yeah... wow...

Also guys, I don't think Masterpupil is 18 or on the account for comshit, so even if he were at home, they wouldn't talk to him anyways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, canadiantrex said:

Um... yeah... wow...

Also guys, I don't think Masterpupil is 18 or on the account for comshit, so even if he were at home, they wouldn't talk to him anyways.

True that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just out of curiosity, how do you know its a DDOS? Just because someone says things does not mean he does it. A proper DDOS does not come from one source IP so it's not so easy to tell. If it really is a DDOS, then an attack on your IP is an attack on an internal IP address on a Comcast server and by definition an attack on Comcast directly.

I don't know Comcast since I live in the EU but I am almost 99% sure to say that if your mom really talked to Comcast and they said there is nothing they can do, either your mom lies or Comcast does not think its a DDOS. 

I also bet that like with all ISP's I know, there is some sort of limit of server load your IP address can produce before the ISP will throttle you down or send you a warning notice. I pay for a great "unlimited" server and not even that is really a free bandwidth ride. Companies like Comcast have loads of rules for what you can and can't and are known for throttling bandwidth and blocking sites without your knowledge. Just giving you a new static IP is for sure no big deal for any ISP, also not for Comcast, so there must be more to this.

Don't want to sound like I don't trust you saying it's a DDOS, but to me facts so far just don't add up somehow. Besides calling Comcast yourself, which I guess you can't if the account is not in your name, you should maybe start by dealing with your mom and finding out what Comcast really said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same concern as mydog, this sounds less like a ddos and more like your mom getting back at you because you tackled her to the ground.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

masterpupil, if you're 18, move out.  If you aren't 18, try to arrange living at your sister's house.  That's some shit to be dealing with as a teenager.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

>browsing /b/ and /pol/

I only browse classy /s4s/.

21 minutes ago, FlorbFnarb said:

masterpupil, if you're 18, move out.  If you aren't 18, try to arrange living at your sister's house.  That's some shit to be dealing with as a teenager.

And leaving his mom with the problem? That's a little harsh, man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, ZXrage said:

And leaving his mom with the problem? That's a little harsh, man.

She's an adult.  I'm cold when it comes to this shit personally though, my opinion is you help her but from a distance.  You don't need to go through that shit.  Maybe even leaving will trigger her to get shit straight.

Went from DDOS to sorting out Master's personal life like a Reddit thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, edger2020 said:

 

Maybe. That's their skill level anyway.

lol, no.

 

Plus: a single guy can not DDOS you. The first D stands for distributed.

So first find out if it is really distributed or the packets all come from 1 source.

if the second...there are different ways to proceed...some of them are legal.

1 hour ago, ZXrage said:

And leaving his mom with the problem? That's a little harsh, man.

No it is not. Not at all. Harsh would be to go to court and tell them you want to live on your own, because she is perma - drunk. And let her pay for everything. Works in Germany in such cases. That would be harsh ;)

School friend of me did that when she was 14. Was allowed to move into an own appartment (with friends), parents had to pay for it. And for food and clothes etc.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nah guys, there's something I gotta clear here. I was DDOSed in the middle of the CSGO match (my irl friends were in the match while I was getting disconnected from the game, as was Carl from the Gold League team I'm on); not only that, but the fight with my mom happened AFTER I tried fixing the router because of what happened. She got pissed because she was trying to watch Netflix and it wouldn't buffer. It was definitely something he did that shut down my internet seeing as he put my IP in chat before I got disconnected two rounds later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Odds are that your ISP has you on DHCP, which means your address is assigned to you at random. unplug your moden for like 15 minutes, reconnect and you'll have a new IP.

if, however, you have a static IP from your ISP, you'll have to call them and have it changed.

Though tbh, I wouldn't trust Comcast to do shit.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm heading over to my moms house after school to pack some more shit before heading back to my sisters, so I'll see if I can do anything then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, WbPePpEr said:

Odds are that your ISP has you on DHCP, which means your address is assigned to you at random. unplug your moden for like 15 minutes, reconnect and you'll have a new IP.

if, however, you have a static IP from your ISP, you'll have to call them and have it changed.

Though tbh, I wouldn't trust Comcast to do shit.

 

 

He already said he has a static IP. For some bizarre reason :-)

9 hours ago, Masterpupil2 said:

Nope, but it's the first time I snapped and told her to shut the fuck up a couple times before pinning her down and asking her to apologize for always being the way she is when she is drunk. After she refused I grabbed her beer and chucked it over to the neighbor's lawns. 

Not super mature man...

What were you hoping to achieve? Physical conflict never ends well, especially with relatives.

As many times as I've wanted to hit my father for being an ass (especially when he'd drank too much) I didn't.

It's better to just get those people out of your life.

Family aren't necessarily the people you're born with and grow up with, those are just your relatives. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Assassin7 said:

also how can someone be that salty in a game to DDoS a guy....

speedowow (AKA "i had a personal meeting with Serb this afternoon" guy)  threatened to DDOS me and a friend after we slapped him around in WT. He also threatened to have my friend kicked from forge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...