Masterpupil2

House is currently getting DDOSed

Unless you have a commercial business account, it's extremely unlikely you have a have static IP address. Those are expensive. (Comcast also has an internal IP6 network. The IP4 addresses attached to the modems are kind of imaginary numbers if you don't have an active VPN tunnel to hold one in place.)

Comcast can reset a modem address remotely, while they're on the phone with you. I've done it before.

Comcast can filter a DDOS attack against a residential address, assuming an attacker manages to find a way across their perimeter routers in the first place. Blip, address goes away, DDOS goes into the bit bucket, thanks for playing.

4 hours ago, OOPMan said:

He already said he has a static IP. For some bizarre reason :-)

Not super mature man...

What were you hoping to achieve? Physical conflict never ends well, especially with relatives.

As many times as I've wanted to hit my father for being an ass (especially when he'd drank too much) I didn't.

It's better to just get those people out of your life.

Family aren't necessarily the people you're born with and grow up with, those are just your relatives. 

Me pinning her isn't the whole story. She tried ripping the router out of the wall (my Ethernet cable was plugged into the router at the time and could have easily made my computer fall) so I grabbed it and pushed her onto the couch. She then started kicking me a bunch and she got a punch in before I started pinning her. Not much I could really do.

Yeah dude, if someone is going to get physical with stuff, your best bet is to stay out of it. Jumping in and trying to grab the router is just a good way for shit to happen. 

All in all, sounds like you two have a super unhealthy relationship.

1 hour ago, Masterpupil2 said:

Me pinning her isn't the whole story. She tried ripping the router out of the wall (my Ethernet cable was plugged into the router at the time and could have easily made my computer fall) so I grabbed it and pushed her onto the couch. She then started kicking me a bunch and she got a punch in before I started pinning her. Not much I could really do.

As much as I might think you're a chode in WoT, that sucks bro. Been there, done shit like that with my ex in-laws, violent alcoholic family members are cancerous.

So some good news. I was wrong about it being a static IP (it had been the same IP for the few few years so I figured it wasn't dynamic (idek)) and my mom nagged Comcast enough to get a different IP, which seems to have stopped the attacks. I wish I had the proof of the dude saying he was going to DDOS me, but if anyone needs proof I could get a friend to record the game were I was disconnected even though there won't be any chat. 

Get the guys name anyway who threatened you.

Send it to steam support or something, I dunno, there must be somethimg you could do to get revenge on the fucktard.

As for your mum, that really sucks, but being an alchaholic wont help you. I honestly would say to move out if you can, if your sister lets you nlve in and you are able to support yourself somehow it might be a better bet. It also might shock your mother into realising she needs to get her shit straight.

On 11/23/2015, 7:56:04, OOPMan said:

He already said he has a static IP.

Actually I just saw that, thanks friend

@Masterpupil2

I would recommend calling up AT & T ... if you Mom was "under the influence" it's possible that she may not be thinking straight.

I would probably threaten the guy to end your contract ;););)

rip hard times, thing will get better soon :)

On 11/23/2015, 2:04:33, Masterpupil2 said:

So some good news. I was wrong about it being a static IP (it had been the same IP for the few few years so I figured it wasn't dynamic (idek)) and my mom nagged Comcast enough to get a different IP, which seems to have stopped the attacks. I wish I had the proof of the dude saying he was going to DDOS me, but if anyone needs proof I could get a friend to record the game were I was disconnected even though there won't be any chat. 

Do you still have the logs in your router?

If you do grab their IP. Most the time DDOS begin with the source making sure it pings then a few days later they run the attack. These logs can be save and sent to comcast. DDOS is illegal and providers take it seriously because it not just a toll on your internet, it takes a toll on their switches for trafficking. This is wasted bandwidth. They might be able to warn or block the IPs. But then again most the time the PCs that run the DDOS are just infected PCs. 

Also unlike some of the comments most of the high end routers come with a type of DDOS protection that can be enabled. This essentially blocks traffic from specific IPs that appear to be DDOSing  and will block it for longer and longer time periods if it doesnt stop. I have my router set to email on specific activities including DDOS. It happens randomly since people tend to try accessing old IPs that someone hosted.

So all of a sudden the connection started going out again and every time we call Comcast and request a new IP, they put us on hold and then hang up. What the hell?