12 minutes ago, predavolk said:

Glad to see -G- go out on its own terms. 

Coming in first in a campaign and then announcing retirement  would be going out on it's own terms.

Dwindling participation until activity was impractical seems more like announcing what has already happened.  

Or am I missing something?

2 hours ago, Jesse_the_Scout said:

I think the theory is sound but you need to convert buttmad to Joules and use Kelvin instead of F for accurate data.

You are right because the energy is released through the mashing of keyboards which in turn performs work. 

1 hour ago, weesh said:

Coming in first in a campaign and then announcing retirement  would be going out on it's own terms.

Dwindling participation until activity was impractical seems more like announcing what has already happened.  

Yankee decided to not do anything anymore. It wasn't a bunch of players who suddenly left. Hence, on its own terms. 

6 hours ago, weesh said:

"As of today, while ranked as the #1 Clan NA (hue) we will cease Internet tank combat operations."

It's splitting hairs, but they could have soldiered on longer.  Yankee pulled the plug on his own terms, even if they weren't as good as they once might have been.

On 11/25/2015, 3:33:02, KenadianCSJ said:

As much as I like the Clan League payouts, can we fucking crucify CW 2.0 already?

Seriously.  Its killing clans faster and more efficiently than anything we've seen before...

Sad to see -G- go.  They were the benchmark when I started caring about the fact that there was a benchmark.

Well, wargaming may or may not pay attention to us once they realize that CW2.0 is what is literally killing activity instead of increasing it.

it's only killing activity for the better clans, they opened up tiers 6,8 and now every shit clan can get on the map easily enough so it's probably got their CW #'s up in terms of active players

it's only killing activity for the better clans, they opened up tiers 6,8 and now every shit clan can get on the map easily enough so it's probably got their CW #'s up in terms of active players

Even average and bad clans have stated it's killing their clans. They don't earn influence as easily as the good clans can and lose divisions more frequently. 

I noticed @CraBeatOff post in the bulba thread about the decline of -G- 1.0(Which apparently would be recreated by sr joining bulba, hue). As one of the blue players that joined -G- 2.0(or post mortem, depending on how you see it), I figured I may as well give my thoughts on the final death of -G-. 

From when I joined in July until the bitter end, the main problem -G- had was callers. Miz left the day after I joined, nopants, redparadize, and slider played infrequently at best(though I did see them occasionally), as did nemesis. Jerm and marsh were weighted down by gold league commitments. And quite frankly, that was a problem that never got fully fixed. RyanGetzlaf joining probably came the closest. But he was 1 person, and 1 person simply couldn't handle that workload forever.

Another huge problem was a large portion of the officers kept clinging to the notion that we were the same -G- of 2013/14. All of our active purples got put into battles first essentially every night. This had the effect of burning out said purples, and leaving the blunicums discontent with never playing. Instead of playing the new players and critiquing them until they could stand with the purples, often the lesser players just got shoved off to the side. As much as bulba liked to rib us for being a teal clan, the ~5 tealicums we had never actually played. The teams we put up in clan league were just as or more purple than the teams that smashed PURPL in 2013. As I said earlier, calling was the problem. 

The ENVUS merger, at first, was actually a really good thing. For about a week we nearly had 3 teams per night, even if we couldn't put capable callers up for all of them more often than not. But eventually, ryan got burnt out. After an argument with a DC regarding the amount of preparation going into a battle, he left. That, I think, was almost certainly the end. Only then did we get a real caller training program together, but at that point it was too late. The ENVUS people got discontent, and left. Activity sunk, towards the end we struggled to get even 1 team together. Just before thanksgiving weekend, the same DC that caused ryan to leave took ~10 of our A team purples to otter. At that point, we decided to call it. We could have kept it going a little longer by dropping the reqs through the floor and recruiting greens, but the state of the game was a sign things would never recover from something like that.

tl;dr I would agree with crab that -G- post civil war wasn't the same clan it was before, but I would disagree it was dead or doomed to die after that. All -G- 2.0 needed to be a stable top 5 clan was another good caller, which the atmosphere of the game wasn't conducive to training. That, and several external factors(see cw2.0), is what destabilized and ultimately killed -G-'s zombified second coming.