UnusualMedic

I can't Jagdtiger

Like the title is saying, I suck at the JT.

I keep trying different ways to play it but I can't make it work. I had no problems at all with the Ferdi.

My JT is full, I free XP the modules.

Here is my setup. N I don't have a better crew.

Mk9oikD.png

When I try to play it like a sniper, Arty fucks me up because I get spotted by everyone and I get flanked by scouts or mediums that yoloed or flanked the other side.

When I try to play mid range, I get focus snipe and flanked by mediums.

When I play it close combat, I get flank and everyone pen me and focus me.

I'm asking for help now because I have 20 games in it. I have 20% winrate and not even 1000 WN8.

I suck real bad.

Here is a replay where I play like a sniper but god I know I made a shit ton of bad decision.

http://wotreplays.com/site/2295777?secret=551a4835d24087e9cd484aea2318df00

Thank you in advance

it is a difficult tank to play in the current meta, because if you snipe you do not get to keep up with the team to deal damage, but you get torn to ribbons up close due to the poor sloping and lackluster hull, not to mention poor mobility. Midrange hull down is your best bet, use the amazing gun to beat out less accurate opponents.  

The JT's only strenght is its gun. It's got high DPM, extreme pen, and it's alpha is better than that of heavies. Even without the possible HP buff, it's HP is on par with t9 heavies.

The above should make it adept at pushing against heavies. Because of the lack of mobility, it can't do that alone, though. I usually look for positions from where I can easilly relocate to support friendly heavies by sniping, and then diving into a brawl when there is an opening. When advancing, it's best to go from position to position where you can go hulldown.  Key to not getting focused on is having the enemy preoccupied with your teammates.

I hate Prok for slow TDs. There are limited opportunities to push. In the replay you posted, I think the right play would've been to go to the hill with your meds. You would've had some shots at the E 100 and T57 from there, while staying unspotted and in arty cover.

I played it as a brawler against heavies and had extreme difficulties doing it

even if you poke flawlessly, you can just get tracked whilst unable to shoot anything

chai sniping is even worse (unless the area/map calls for it)

ideally, go for 1v1 trades while baiting bounces or get unto a hull down fight with things that arent american tier 9 & 10 TDs

I have 3532 games in the JT. The glorious time of the Jagdtige is over. Very sad about this fact. But the game, seen over the past years, got much faster, frechnies rip JT a part with their quickness, Tier 9+10 Arties and T10 TDs as as well. Players are getting better. The JT is too immobile for todays needs. I guess its only a fun tank which u can play sometimes when u just want to do something different.

1 hour ago, SpookyMedic said:

Thx all.

Yeah I do notice now that slow tanks are really lacking nowadays.

*points to Super Pershing, E-75/E-100, T29, ST-1, etc.*

It's a shame that one of the best high velocity, accurate, high pen guns is on such a shitty platform. If you're going to keep it, at least get the JgTg 8.8 and at least work on your crew skills whilst making Benjamins.

1 hour ago, Pitch_Black said:

It's a shame that one of the best high velocity, accurate, high pen guns is on such a shitty platform. If you're going to keep it, at least get the JgTg 8.8 and at least work on your crew skills whilst making Benjamins.

Problem is that you can't get it anymore. I used to have it back in my Horribly shit days and I don't think I'd be able to get it back anyway.

I'll try to change my crew skills and stay mid range hulldown.

15 minutes ago, SpookyMedic said:

Problem is that you can't get it anymore. I used to have it back in my Horribly shit days and I don't think I'd be able to get it back anyway.

you will be able to get it this weekend as part of a package for Thanksgiving

JT 88 is pretty stronk... I laughed pretty hard when some T-34 version facehugged my JT88 this morning... makes for really easy cupola shots while he's bouncing my upper structure... I have no idea what that guy was thinking... 

10 hours ago, SpookyMedic said:

If you sold it on the same account, you can always submit a ticket for buyback. Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

I was playing my JT last night with @sr360, one thing he noticed a lot that caused me problems was I was struggling to get firing lanes whilst still covering my lower plate. Exposing your lower plate will get you killed very quickly, so try and be reasourceful about what you can use for hulldown cover.

On Wednesday, November 25, 2015 3:09:32, TheMarine0341 said:

you will be able to get it this weekend as part of a package for Thanksgiving

Is it well worth the $45? (I already have a lot of premium tanks including the SU-122-44 which has pretty good earning potential...)

If you have the disposable income, maybe. Its certainly not the most exciting gameplay, but its an excellent $ maker. I dont regret having mine, but I used tourney gold a long time ago to get it. I posted a recent replay in my Replay Thread, its certainly a proper Jgt88 YOLO

19 hours ago, TheMarine0341 said:

If you have the disposable income, maybe. Its certainly not the most exciting gameplay, but its an excellent $ maker. I dont regret having mine, but I used tourney gold a long time ago to get it. I posted a recent replay in my Replay Thread, its certainly a proper Jgt88 YOLO

Yeah I checked out your replay and I like how at the beginning you take up a position that initially has no shots, but because you're so close to the enemy they feel compelled to drive into your gun to try and dislodge you. lol