Orrie

Common Test 9.13 SuperUltraMegaNonSiimcyThread - Sound and Physics Added

20 minutes ago, Snoregasm2 said:

How much to tier 8, stock and upgraded? I have 205k 'natural' free xp and I'm hoping it's enough 

According to tanks.gg it's 246 865 exp to get VIII tier 

Noticed this 'Developer' gem from Rita's Status Report:

- developers are removing maps from WoT based on RU public voting in past three months
- Fyord map was removed because the gameplay on it was considered poor

In other words, if one had any doubt where power to change this game exists... Russian server polls.

Was any other server even asked about this topic question?

Even if they would, the Devs in Russia wouldn't care. 

At least I can somewhat agree with the removals. Hidden Village was horrible. Pearl river wasn't horrible but still shit. Sevorigorsk or how this horror in white was called was awful as well. 

South Coast was just inbalanced for years. TDs on one side had a huge advantage and could dish out hundreds of dmg without even moving 100m from the spawn. 

Fjord wasn't the worst nor the best map. But I don't say no if they remove another joke point map. Or if you add CW a fucking camper map. 

2 hours ago, Valan said:

Noticed this 'Developer' gem from Rita's Status Report:

In other words, if one had any doubt where power to change this game exists... Russian server polls.

Was any other server even asked about this topic question?

ASIA had a similar poll.

Whether it had any bearing or not, no idea... 

Also, if the comet gets nerfed, that means expected values will go down in time...

Which means quickybaby will have...higher WN8...

Will he flaunt it?

On 27/11/2015 13.55.12, breeeze said:

T30

Reveal hidden contents
  • Front hull changed the same way as T34/T29, but no track links
  • Turret cheeks buffed, 210/260-> 280mm effective
  • Massive cupola buff
  • Entire roof is now 38mm, there used to be a 51mm triangle on the front part. It also extends further out now
  • back of side hull 51->76mm

How would you guys characterize the effects of the HD model on the T30?

I'm slowly grinding towards this tonk. 

On 27/11/2015, 14:29:14, Siimcy said:

Actually, my my crew skills etc my M48 DPM would be exactly 3540,8 right now, wao. Gonna test it out on the test server. :doge:

Yep, in best set up - 6.61 second reload, with effective 1.67 second aim time and 0.32 accuracy in best set up with some of the best dispersion stats in the game. 

Plus 456m base view range. 

Pretty much a mobile FV215B. 

9 hours ago, hall0 said:

Even if they would, the Devs in Russia wouldn't care. 

At least I can somewhat agree with the removals. Hidden Village was horrible. Pearl river wasn't horrible but still shit. Sevorigorsk or how this horror in white was called was awful as well. 

South Coast was just inbalanced for years. TDs on one side had a huge advantage and could dish out hundreds of dmg without even moving 100m from the spawn. 

Fjord wasn't the worst nor the best map. But I don't say no if they remove another joke point map. Or if you add CW a fucking camper map. 

Yeh hated that damn base camping spot on South Coast. Was even largely arty safe because "arty prevents camping"! 

On 11/27/2015, 7:55:12, breeeze said:

T30

Hide contents
  • Front hull changed the same way as T34/T29, but no track links
  • Turret cheeks buffed, 210/260-> 280mm effective
  • Massive cupola buff
  • Entire roof is now 38mm, there used to be a 51mm triangle on the front part. It also extends further out now
  • back of side hull 51->76mm

The roof bit is unfortunate. The "part of my roof is thicker than 38mm" feature was one of the little things to like about the T30. (Not that it won't have a great turret anymore.)

3 hours ago, Birkovic said:

Turret is now almost impenetrable vs. Mediums but any heavy that knows where to shoot can now pen your roof.

Bounces on a T30 are always a bonus, whole tank is basically 750 alpha on tier 9 with a turret.

Not to mention some of the most cost effective APCR ammo in the whole game. 

8 hours ago, Birkovic said:

A nerf. The roof nerf is a big deal, the added track links to the UFP are a tier too late to matter. You're getting weaker hulldown in trade for not getting your side armor overmatched by 155mm+ guns. Not worthwhile, imho.

2 minutes ago, Rexxie said:

A nerf. The roof nerf is a big deal, the added track links to the UFP are a tier too late to matter. You're getting weaker hulldown in trade for not getting your side armor overmatched by 155mm+ guns. Not worthwhile, imho.

T30 gets no tracks for the ufp anyway

2 hours ago, Rexxie said:

A nerf. The roof nerf is a big deal,

This was basically what I got from breezes post, which is a bit of a dissapointment to me.

I love hull down tanks, so this is not really relevant to my interests. Ohh well I guess that just saved me 245k free xp v0v

Thank you guys.

20 hours ago, Birkovic said:

This was basically what I got from breezes post, which is a bit of a dissapointment to me.

I love hull down tanks, so this is not really relevant to my interests. Ohh well I guess that just saved me 245k free xp v0v

Thank you guys.

T30 is still one of the best tier 9 TDs IMO, just follow heavies around, they take the shot, pop out and do 750 damage, hide behind them when you reload, repeat. Better tier for tier than the E4.

---------------------------------------

Did not notice that the M46 actually gets a legit buff.

After only getting buffed in 9.10 as well.

Dispersion is now 0.11, 0.11, 0.08 with 2s aim time. It's got better gun handling than most of the tier 10 meds now, aside it's big brother and the T-62A. 

Pretty much has tier 10 DPM as well.  

Why would they buff the M46? It's one of the best performing T9s in the game. Hell, why did they start buffing it in the first place - even before the last half dozen buffs, it was okay.

I'd usually assume "oh they want a golden tank in the line to get people interested", but the T20 is just a couple tiers below and is (even statistically) one of the best T7s in the game, too.

1 hour ago, Rexxie said:

Why would they buff the M46? It's one of the best performing T9s in the game. Hell, why did they start buffing it in the first place - even before the last half dozen buffs, it was okay.

I'd usually assume "oh they want a golden tank in the line to get people interested", but the T20 is just a couple tiers below and is (even statistically) one of the best T7s in the game, too.

How about the dreadful DPM, though? When strongly kemping bush, it really hurts your carry potential.

Most of the meds that actually have good DPM bounce or miss so much more often than the T20 that it doesn't end up being a big deal. It's fast, has good gun handling, high pen, high alpha, high view range, high camo, high gun dep, and keeps the lower MM weight that most other T7 meds have. It's one of the easiest unarmored tanks to play in the entire game.

19 hours ago, Rexxie said:

Cos it was 'nerfed' in HD I think was the given reason, I'm pretty sure that is why it got a buff in 9.10.. Which is odd for a tank that never relied on it's armour anyway'

I can only presume that the masses really struggle with the Patton. I can't really see any other reason why such a tank needs so many buffs. 

Forgiving armour + high pen + high alpha + not too fast I'd say is the ideal 'average' player tank, they can go to a brawl spot, play peek-a-boo, out trade many opponents, their troll armour will bounce a few shots and their high pen/high alpha combo gets the best value for their exposure per shot. If the tank is not that fast, they won't rush to their death and will naturally arrive at spots with support. 

Patton is soft and relies on it's mobility, gun depression, handling and DPM to do it's work. 

Not going to complain though, a tank I like playing. Maybe they want to also encourage more people to grind the M48 Patton now that is finally getting a buff.  For one of the oldest tier 10s it is hardly seen, maybe there is a whole collection of newer players out there that might start grinding the US medium line.