LeoAegisMaximus

Challenger 2

My god well this thing is awesome, it slightly better than the Challenger 1 in terms of its mobility, the gun handling in great you can speed off at 40-45 km and keep the gun under a constant bloom.Biggest issue with it is the 518mm of pen on the top ammo, but this tier has turned into pixel hunting so does have great gun control compensate for the lack of pen? apart from the driver's hatch it has no frontal full damage weak spots the commander's hatch and gunner sight below the commanders cupola take only partial damage. Side armor is pretty much the lowest in tier the ERA bricks will save from side penetration after that its free game.

Challenger 2

105mm x 2.05 = 215mm effective armor against AP

Abrams M1A2 

140mm x 2.25 = 315mm effective armor against AP

Has ERA so some AP shots can be blocked

Leo 2A6

335mm x 1.30 = 435mm effective armor against AP

This tank has no ERA on the sides so saving shots from AP ain't gonna happen   

T90MS

226mm x 1.70 = 384mm effective armor against AP

Yeah it was fucking beast in side armor before the hotfix the god damm side panels never blew off meaning you ether aimed for the back around the cage or the front drive wheel still I was thinking they modeled 2 226mm plates.

its pretty much a mobile nuclear bunker. it also so happens to be one of the worlds most protective/safe tanks to be inside. As far as safety goes the British knew what they were doing(oh and they still have a compartment to brew tea inside of course). 

I got the Challenger 2 after fully grinding out my Warrior and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised.
I just wish it was ever so slightly better, because it feels like it's lacking something. I wish it was a bit more HE resistant, or had 50mm more penetration, or had a bit more side armor.

1 hour ago, #Lunaughty said:

Did they fix it so it's now somehow not a nuclear bunker?
If so... WHY?

It is a mobile bunker. You have 3 frontal "weak spots;" your turret ring which is 550mm+ thick and tiny, your driver's hatch which can be angled and hidden and is 600mm+ thick, and your commander's hatch which is 300mm+ thick and you only take 1/4th damage from it.

Got Pictures for those who wanna drool over the tank 

For retrofits I run

Chrome Barrel mk3 - boosts damage and accuracy where MBT fights turn into pixel hunting having more accuracy can't hurt but I've think I've gone for overkill here, hitting weak spots from a distance and keeping enemies in a stand off range helps. 

Internal Hull reinforcement mk3 - Best Hit point retrofit in game hands down 

Reinforced Ammo Rack mk3 - the back of the turret and hull side before the engine compartment are where the ammo racks are placed, and seeing how easy they take damage from being flanked, I guess this was the best choice.

Augmented Breach Lock mk 3 - Reload speed and accuracy, more overkill in the accuracy department but the Challenger 2 is not a damage machine so trying to squeeze more damage out of the gun through damage retrofits is pointless, but the 5.94% reload speed is a nice buff.

FPGBLpa.jpg

iErlT0U.jpg

And for extras stat card and crew skills

Yeah running a 0.02 accuracy spread is pretty overkill, I think i can get an M1A1 even better with the 2 universal slots and the firepower slot. Gun control is amazing, for those of you who want to try the aim speed route running magnetic actuator with the gyro stabilizers but sinking 1,750,500 free exp to get both level 3 retrofits from both arty lines is gonna be a cash sink.   

VpgaoGL.jpg

NpQ3NqJ.jpg

7 hours ago, LeoAegisMaximus said:

~snip~

I've been told that those accuracy retrofits do not work at the moment.  I don't know how true that is though.

They do. My Challenger 2 has the same build, minus retrofits, and my accuracy is 0.04. Leo has clearly better accuracy retrofits than I do and has better accuracy.

1 hour ago, Intumesce said:

They do. My Challenger 2 has the same build, minus retrofits, and my accuracy is 0.04. Leo has clearly better accuracy retrofits than I do and has better accuracy.

wait wut? 0.04? wow didn't know there were tanks with that much accuracy in this game.

ok i'm done, i just noticed Aegis had 0.02 accuracy on his chally 2.

1 hour ago, Intumesce said:

Erection.

I feel as though I made a horrible mistake by getting the M8 Thunderbolt over the Chally 2.  

M8 Thunderbolt has such potential to be great, but it just isn't.  I want Chally 2.  Good thing I get 3 tokens.

33 minutes ago, shwedor said:

I feel as though I made a horrible mistake by getting the M8 Thunderbolt over the Chally 2.  

M8 Thunderbolt has such potential to be great, but it just isn't.  I want Chally 2.  Good thing I get 3 tokens.

TBH there are a lot of "Potential" tanks in AW right now, but most of these vehicles and their "potential" are wasted because of dominating problems like MBT's or HE spam ect. overall the M8 is a great LT and I've seen them perform very well in PVP when used correctly. The Same "Potential" Problem exists with my B1 Draco, despite what many have said this Vehicle is amazing IMO, but because of key problems/imbalances it is unable to perform at its highest level in PVP right now.

So overall.... don't be so downed by your choice in the M8, while it dose lack some key things--(Smoke's)-- its really not the Tank that is the problem, but rather the Environment its placed in.