Valachio

Reviewing my Tutoring Career

12 hours ago, rmw00 said:

Reaction time...

So I tried this: https://faculty.washington.edu/chudler/java/redgreen.html and averaged about .34

Would some purples try it and see what they get?

Thanks.

I'm not really purple, but .267 average

12 hours ago, gingxxx said:

0.264 as average. My purple potential seem to hide very well.

I also like to thank Valachio for the saturday training sessions with M-I-T.

You're welcome.  Thanks for the opportunity!

8 hours ago, Aquavolt said:

even though we didnt talk much it was cool getting to meet you at burbank, good luck with everything valachio

Thanks man, appreciate it!

13 hours ago, capt-jay said:

I'm just about 46, but I have played various video games all my life (even Duck Hunt when Nintendo came out...die ducks!)

I averaged 0.2626

I took a couple lessons with Valachio when he first started offering in the summer (I think?). I feel like my tactical game is ok, but my strategic game does suck, I have only what I consider a loose understanding of positioning on maps, mostly thanks to Rexxie & Okeano's where NOT to go map thread. I admit, I have been too lazy to really study the Micropositioning thread, I need to do that.

Yep you did.  You were the 2nd customer haha, I'll never forget that

On 30.11.2015, 15:46:44, rmw00 said:

So I tried this: https://faculty.washington.edu/chudler/java/redgreen.html and averaged about .34

6IS4FN8.png

I thought it would be higher, actually quite surprising that it hasn't gotten worse in the past 10 years (I'm 32).

Thanks for the kind words, and best of luck with the Kickstarter venture.  I think i've learned a similar lesson regarding which players I can help most, too - it's easiest to help those that are one or at most two steps down the color ladder, since they're doing the same fundamentals correctly and they only need to add the refinements i've mastered but they have not.  It's considerably more difficult to directly help players way below, because it can be difficult to identify the root cause of their difficulties.

Regarding the reaction times, I averaged .275 - not terrible for 36 years old, but definitely not amazing.

On 11/30/2015, 9:46:44, rmw00 said:

Reaction time...

Thanks.

1. 0.247 - 2. 0.224 47yrs old...

On 12/6/2015, 12:52:43, _Juris said:

Thanks for the kind words, and best of luck with the Kickstarter venture.  I think i've learned a similar lesson regarding which players I can help most, too - it's easiest to help those that are one or at most two steps down the color ladder, since they're doing the same fundamentals correctly and they only need to add the refinements i've mastered but they have not.  It's considerably more difficult to directly help players way below, because it can be difficult to identify the root cause of their difficulties.

Regarding the reaction times, I averaged .275 - not terrible for 36 years old, but definitely not amazing.

listen to what _Juris says.....this guy has taken me under his wing and with many chat and ts discussions + a few platooning sessions + some replay reviewing, my stats improved from 54%wr and 1800wn8 to 

<----these here solid blue recents....

so thanks Senpai ;)

and ty Valachio for giving him the tutoring that keeps on giving!