Zezti

To Quit Or Not To Quit

Have you quit, what made you quit?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Have you quit WoT?

• Yes, permanently.
    • Yes, permanently, unless certain big changes are made.
    • Yes, but only temporarily (on a break).
    • No, but I'm close/would like to see changes.
    • No, I'm enjoying it as it is.
    • Other
  2. 2. Why did you quit, or if you haven't quit, what might make you?

• Artillery
    • Too much RNG
    • +/- 2 MM spread
    • APCR/HEAT spam
    • Unbalanced tanks
    • Core game mechanics (spotting/render system, etc)
    • Consistent WG faults (creating imbalance, not knowing their own game, etc)
    • Monetary cost of game (price of gold/prem time/prem tanks)
    • Time cost of game (takes up too much time)
    • Found a different game to replace WoT
    • Other

*Trying not to make this sound like a whiny rant post, but more of legit question/poll.

Yesterday I finally had enough of WoT and uninstalled it. The first time since starting the game in February 2014 that its not been on my PC. It was a really simple decision. It was not a ragequit, I was just not having fun playing the game anymore as a result of some key issues.

I had stopped playing for a couple days when my friend asked me to come on to play some tier 9 meds, 'great' I thought, 'tier 9 meds are probably my favourite'. 2 games later, 1 game full of RNG b/s, 2nd game in e50 two-shot by tier 8 artillery and that was it for me. I didn't even get mad. I just sighed as it's what I've come to expect from the game now. Told my friend I was done, alt-f4, uninstalled.

I don't want to touch it. I might come back if big changes are made but the arrogance and slow-pace of WG tells me that will never happen. Which is a real shame, because I think there's a potentially great game underneath all the shite. Unfortunately, it's all the shite which appeals to the hordes of reds who plague the game, buying every shitty prem tank bundle and feeding money into SerB's mouth, then hop into their G.W Tiger P and click on people actually trying to play a tank game. .... must not rant...

No intention of leaving WoTLabs though, it's a great community and one of the last bastions of hope in the sea of shitters. Plenty of discussion here not focussed on tanks, too.

I'm curious how many people on WoTLabs have quit the game, and for what reason? If you haven't quit, do you think you will with the direction the game is going?

I quit on an annual basis, then get back into it because the game itself is fantastic to play, it just can be very frustrating at times. Ask ANY unicum, and they have all rage uninstalled and said they are never going to play again, and yet most of the time they get back into it within a month because of the community of clanmates/friends, and it's really fun to just go zoom zoom pew pew boom boom.

WoT isn't bad, people are bad... I don't play WoT as much as I used to because it's full of damn XVM zombies who are full of shit and really hate better players 'cuz they're cheaters, no-lifes and other forms of sub-humans. I miss good old times when player base was rather kind and eager to learn how to play better. 

RNG, minor and major bugs, lags, lack of balance in some cases - I can deal with it and still have fun playing WoT. 

Turn off chat, fuck stats, just play4fun. Play in smaller doses, and play more with friends. If I tried to play 2k games in 60 days again, this game would fucking blow. But, I cut way back, play more with buddies and its great

I play 1/3 of how much I used to play now.. I had 4,5k battles in my 60day once and now I have around 1,6 despite being online most of the time, I just learned to quit when things go bad so you don't have those ultra RQ screams

Competition is fun for me so the last thing I've been working on is somewhat Kewei-ish, concentrated gameplay on one tank until I 3MoE it and then move on, redo

feels fun to me, MoE's feels pretty good to get and once you get the really hard ones it's very fun

Aside from MoE's I actually started liking CW, I suck but it's still fun

Not "having to play" is probably what I learnt that made this game from no fun to actually fun again. 

I came back after a couple of months today, went five losses and one draw. Fuck it, time for low tier funplats. "error FINISHED" => match gets flat out canceled midway, no stats recorded and tank is back in garage ready to go again. Uhh, that's weird. Let's try again? "error FINISHED"

WG really doesn't want people to play I guess?

I haven't quit but playing on teams of 10-11 oranges into November suggests a large portion of the good player base has because these were summer teams.

Went on 12 game losing streak on Saturday which has been a good while since that happened.

Got 290k free xp, 11k gold and little to spend it on, am grinding the CGC, Wee Zee 120 and AMX 30, after that I'm stuck asides tier 8 lights.

Not to mention cw in its current guise has ruined end game.  Grind for new pointless tanks just to compete in tier 6 light circle jerks?  Nah.  Went clan hopping for a bit, I get the impression there's very few clans with a plan and even fewer with adequate attendance.  There's no enthusiasm for cw.

I personally left, and the only thing I miss is some people I used to play with, realized the only thing that kept me playing where the guys I enjoyed having fun with over ts.

I've taken many breaks.  There are other games, other activities, other people to hang out with.  

When you are playing other games, you realize how low the fun density is in WOT.  
Long stretches of waiting, lots of games that you can't win no matter what, and that you can't lose no matter what.  
Lots of games ended suddenly by RNG.

I don't play the game for continuous, high quality fun, and there are many things better for that.

But WOT has got lots of long term satisfaction, is easy to pick up again after a break, and is a great way to play with large groups of people.  The ability to play 2-3 matches and get off is also wonderful.  

I don't play nearly as much as I used to, especially not for the last week weeks. Since the beginning of 2014, in fact, I've spent much more time not playing than playing. At some point the game becomes less interesting. When that point is depends on why you play. For me it happened when I'd unlocked most of the vehicles I wanted and couldn't be bothered to work on any more. 

I started playing in patch 7.3, I've quit a few times over the years, but this last time looks permanent. I haven't played more than a couple dozen matches in the last few months. Arty and RNG are the biggest issues I have every time I play a few matches. Tank balance is not nearly as good as a lot of people think it is, but it's workable. Hardware issues are also a huge problem I have with the game. I've been running multi-gpu setups for years now, and WoT has consistently been a huge time sink just getting it to even run. Even now, I still can't run it on full screen because reasons. For years it was worth the headache, but it just isn't any more for me.

2 hours ago, Zezti said:

*Trying not to make this sound like a whiny rant post, but more of legit question/poll.

Well you've answered your own question, since the main factor in determining whether to quit is whether or not you are too legit. 

Admittedly, I will eventually return to try out the T343 after 9.13.

I just cant stand grinding, or cw, I'm just sick of losing so much time to this game. I want to play for fun, not to grind out a bunch of shitty tanks, and the only tank I have fun in anymore is the T343.

$10 bucks went so far in Team Fortress 2 it wasn't even funny, I have every weapon I could ever want, I can bail out of a shit match at any moment, and I don't need to grind out credits to spam cannonballs and farm doubledonks. The gameplay is also more consistent, I dont need to worry about being nailed by a 155 from the sky at any moment, or being undertiered. The same goes for Insurgency.

I find the high RNG extremely frustrating in the worst case but provides opportunities for epic moments. Just like all of the oddball tanks in WoT lead to a complete lack of balance but then provides more interesting play.

Arty sucks but just like TBs in WoWs knowing that you are "never safe" means there's a minor amount of risk in the opening moments of the battle. And without it the E3 meta would suck.

13 minutes ago, Fenxis said:

I find the high RNG extremely frustrating in the worst case but provides opportunities for epic moments.

I take lots of low-percentage shots in my IS-5 when I don't want to stop to aim.  Every time (about 3 so far) that derpy gun damages something full dispersion at range ranks among the top of my favorite IS-5 experiences.  

Also T-22sr mission rigging / impossibleness bullshit might be the last straw if t10 games become infested with triple purple platoons. Might be mollified by whatever the 2016 set of personal missions will be.

Good to hear other's point of view. As of now, only 4 out of 33 people are happy with the game (inc. 'other' as 'not happy with game'), I can't imagine any passionate developer being happy with those figures. But it doesn't really matter as long as they make money it can be considered successful.

In retrospect another possible quit reason I should have added could be "Community".

This status houses a fine example of what I mean: http://forum.wotlabs.net/index.php?/profile/6117-monkey10120/&status=61507&type=status

Im actually enjoying as it is :P

The only thing that rly pisses me off is arty, and it is also the only thing that got me close to a permanent ragequit (if i ever quit for say 2 months, im 90% sure i wont ever come back)

ps: an important reason i kept playing for so long is the lack of other good games, i like(d) RTS the most, or a the older fps games (cod2, old battlefields), and all are sort of dead, GTA V is also a massive dissapointment (single players mods seem nice, so perhaps i give single player a try) and i can otherwise buy City Skylines cheap as soon as its with a discount