Cunicularius

#EnglishSucks - RESEARCH ESSAY - Topic: Vidya Games!

So I have my final research paper due on the 9th and I've been slacking, just haven't felt confident in my work thusfar. "8-10 pages plus works cited page with around 5-7 quality secondary sources"

Thesis: Nope.engineer

Haven't found quite enough sources. I think my primary source will be this: 4. http://www.eric.ed.gov/contentdelivery/servlet/ERICServlet?accno=EJ1043955

Does my thesis seem too... specific? Should I atleast pair it with a question that I seek to answer, like, "Aren't video games pointless? What do you gain by playing them?" and then going about demonstrating my thoughts?

I don't really know how to go about structuring the essay, I've never done an essay this big. I've done a few 5 page ones, but I'll be honest, I winged em last minute for the A's that I got, I just can't do it over the course of a week and I'm worried I won't be able to do this for a research paper of this length. I've already written up a bit, but I'm not particularly confident in it, I might as well be empty handed besides an idea of what I want to do and ~5 sources.

I feel like I'm just getting unnecessarily frustrated by the whole thing, like it really should come easier, but its not.

Questions? Advice?

Best advice anyone will give you: never ever post any part of your essays/research/publications anywhere until a considerable time after you submitted your final.

Now your prof can just google your thesis and this thread will be the first hit. Seriously.

So don't leave thesis or work here. One thing the article seems to have left out is the development of saline required for us to survive the real world.  You can leave work here, just be sure to eradicate it before submitting anything. Or send things in PMs, which google will not have access to.

3 minutes ago, SoliDeoGloria said:

So don't leave thesis or work here.

Point taken.

4 minutes ago, SoliDeoGloria said:

One thing the article seems to have left out is the development of saline required for us to survive the real world.

Development of saline...? >:?

There's enough evidence and reports out there to justify video games, mainly focusing on keeping reactions and mental activity going.

afaik there haven't been enough studies into gaming communities to justify that aspect, mainly because we're stuck with the 10/1/.1 active poster theory (10% read forums, 1% post. .1% are very active).

What's the full title of the thesis and personally I'd advise getting in touch with CCP games and asking them about the academic interest in EVE.  They had professors and graduate students asking on a weekly basis about the game stats and until Eyjólfur Guðmundsson left a proper Economics professor.  http://marketsforisk.blogspot.co.uk/p/useful-videos.html explains EVE economy.  

CCP Quant, Edvald Gislason is the new Economics guy.

Giving yourself a question to answer gives the thesis direction.  Maybe something like, "What can we learn from video games?"

Research paper for video games?  That will be tough.  You could instead focus on violence and its correlation with video games, I know all the moms are riled up about that, so there has to be lot of medical sources and articles.

If this was an argumentative paper/opinion paper this would be a lot easier.

1 hour ago, Shifty_101st said:

Research paper for video games?  That will be tough.  You could instead focus on violence and its correlation with video games, I know all the moms are riled up about that, so there has to be lot of medical sources and articles.

If this was an argumentative paper/opinion paper this would be a lot easier.

I am with Shifty with this one, not only will this be easier to research it will serve as context, and be a benchmark against which your work will be reviewed. Additionally if you manage to create a convincing argument with your conclusion, you could do alot of good in validating Video games as a media form.     

That sounds just like my research paper due next week that I havent worked on hardly at all

though Im doing it on why the sopa/pipa bills failed.

As per teh videah games r gud mann

there are dozens of full articles out there on that exact subject you could probably use as referance and I find for long essays the trick is to just ramble on for a really long time about not that significant subjects

do the opposite of forum use, no tldrs

23 hours ago, Haswell said:

Best advice anyone will give you: never ever post any part of your essays/research/publications anywhere until a considerable time after you submitted your final.

Now your prof can just google your thesis and this thread will be the first hit. Seriously.

There is still time to delete!

Don't worry so much about an essay. Ask some of your friends or classmates for help. If no one wants or you have no idea what to write in this essay, then you can buy a good research paper on essaystudio.org. Not everyone has good writing skills. There is no need to waste time and to be frustrated. I appealed a couple of times at this kind of service and they wrote for me a well-done paper.

Necro of the decade!

16 hours ago, Nobility said:

Don't worry so much about an essay. Ask some of your friends or classmates for help. It's ok that not everyone has good writing skills.

do you realize this is a 5 years old thread right?