HLS30

IS-3A, and Rudy vs. 34-85M

1 minute ago, monjardin said:

I think the Berlin IS-2 is better than the IS or Chinese IS-2. It combines the best aspects of both regular tech tree tanks.

It's not just an IS?  what are the differences?

2 minutes ago, monjardin said:

I think the Berlin IS-2 is better than the IS or Chinese IS-2. It combines the best aspects of both regular tech tree tanks.

I completely agree.  I has just finished the IS grind when the Berlin pack came out the first time and I didn't do that great in the IS.  Running the IS-2 is completely different for me, everything about it seems better.  I found all of the Berlin tanks to be very good credit earners.  I run the Crom B in SH battles for the extra credit earning.

7 minutes ago, weesh said:

Better armour. It has the Chinese IS-2's armor scheme, which is slightly better than the Russian's. It doesn't get the bad gun depression, HEAT, or lower mobility of the Chinese IS-2, though, so it ends up being purely better than either of its peers. Pretty shitty balancing to make one vehicle purely superior, but there you go.

2 hours ago, Grasschopper said:

I completely agree.  I has just finished the IS grind when the Berlin pack came out the first time and I didn't do that great in the IS.  Running the IS-2 is completely different for me, everything about it seems better.  I found all of the Berlin tanks to be very good credit earners.  I run the Crom B in SH battles for the extra credit earning.

Agree, I find the IS-2 just shits credits like a night after drinking nothing but Porter

I dont own the Rudy, but for me personally Bromwell is best premium vs. all others I bought to date.

• Good earning power, even if I need to use gold sometimes for higher tier heavies
  • By far the most fun tank to drive in my entire garage (dat speed, decent gun etc)
  • Flexibility allows me to make up for poor position decisions early in game, bail out of tight spots and flex to save the other flank
  • Flexibility also allows it to be fun on virtually every map which isnt true for other tanks that need vision maps (where they go) or brawl maps to do well
  • Took a while to learn the tank and esp, how deal with gun handling, but after 20 or so games and some help, I got there
  • Beware, this is my only premium that I triple MOEd, so I may be biased.  

Personally, while tempted by Rudy, I will pick up Type 64 when on discount 2nd half of Dec. Seems to have similar traits to Bromwell.

13 minutes ago, ModderKraken said:

I will pick up Type 64 when on discount 2nd half of Dec. Seems to have similar traits to Bromwell.

It is superior in SH scouting and earnings.  

It's also one of my favorite tanks to pull when a platoonmate picks tier 7.  

3 hours ago, Rexxie said:

Better armour. It has the Chinese IS-2's armor scheme, which is slightly better than the Russian's. It doesn't get the bad gun depression, HEAT, or lower mobility of the Chinese IS-2, though, so it ends up being purely better than either of its peers. Pretty shitty balancing to make one vehicle purely superior, but there you go.

Ît also gets thicker armor as the chinese IS-2 (90mm vs 100mm)

3 hours ago, weesh said:

When WG put the IS2 for sale, i immediatly wanted it:
1: It looks really nice (Dat log) + crew / equipment / consumables

shot_607.jpg

2: It fixes the thing thats bad from both IS2, unreliable heat, armor a tad to thin and -5 gun dep aswell as the main flaw of IS1, the unreliable armor scheme / shape, it will troll both the guy driving and the guy shooting

3: Due to beiing a prem, it can use an good crew, so you can have bia + repair + gun handling AND you can afford using food

The above means its an amazing tank, 9.73 sec reload for 390 dmg, means both high alpha and high dpm and unlike many other t7 heavys, its also fast all while still having good all round armor and -6 gun depression.

beiing russian means not much fire, so you can use food (it also earns serious cash) while the berlin crew has bia, this means that it totally outclasses the other IS-`s, i mean, who keeps a good crew for their IS + runs food + shoots a lot of gold?

So, of the ones that you can only BUY with real money: 

Bromwell ...but if already own a Type 64, is it still worth it?  Bromwell > Type 64 in SH?

IS-3 Auto ... if already own IS-6, which would get more play?

M4A1 Rev ... if already own CDC, worth getting for the Alpha?  Ever show up in the in-game store?

26 minutes ago, Invictus said:

So, of the ones that you can only BUY with real money: 

Bromwell ...but if already own a Type 64, is it still worth it?  Bromwell > Type 64 in SH?

IS-3 Auto ... if already own IS-6, which would get more play?

M4A1 Rev ... if already own CDC, worth getting for the Alpha?  Ever show up in the in-game store?

Bromwell = 0 skill BIA crew, Bromwell is fun. 

IS-6 is a special mm tank... expect it to be on the way out. Not sure if IS-3A will be it's permanent replacement. Special MM on IS-6... SPECIAL MM...

17 minutes ago, Golem501 said:

Bromwell = 0 skill BIA crew, Bromwell is fun. 

IS-6 is a special mm tank... expect it to be on the way out. Not sure if IS-3A will be it's permanent replacement. Special MM on IS-6... SPECIAL MM...

Thanks!

... so don't know why, but if I read you correctly, I would say "special MM" is numero uno?

IS-3A *could* show up in the in-game store as IS-6 replacement (someday)?   AT $60, pretty steep for a Tier VIII (with no special MM) -- although in T8 SH would be OK?

33 minutes ago, Invictus said:

Thanks!

... so don't know why, but if I read you correctly, I would say "special MM" is numero uno?

IS-3A *could* show up in the in-game store as IS-6 replacement (someday)?   AT $60, pretty steep for a Tier VIII (with no special MM) -- although in T8 SH would be OK?

Probably okay for T8 SH, I don't play SH but yeah probably... 

It's bleeding steep at 60$ us Eurotrash will probably get some gold and other garbage on top of it...

I went out of my way to get most special MM 8's this year (JT88, SP etc.) because they are phasing out. Not seeing 10's would be OP yeah, possibly even more so on NA where the MM line up is smaller. 

Rita posted that she thinks the WZ111 is worth but she ignored the IS-3A. I am not sure how valid her opinion is though,  too scrub to judge.

Well, this is the breaking point for me.

Either I buy Rudy/IS-2 (mostly for crews lol) and jump back in, or ebay the account and leave forever.

hard choice.

The upcoming physics change is basically a big NO NO for me, so... guess I gotta decide fast.