Waemoth

T-28E F-30

I probably should have said something sooner seeing as it is being bought for people.  :gaben:

I had a rather strict policy of not buying anything from WG anymore, but this T-28E F30 is tempting.  It's not a gigantic bundle of repair kits and credits I never asked for, plus it's pretty cheap.  I'll likely end up getting it when I'm drunk on being tired later tonight.

Speaking in terms of IRL stuff, I like interesting tanks like this.  Gameplay wise, doomcannon looks fun.

aaaah come on...don't be so positive on a tank I decided I don't want / need / want to spend the money on...

please focus again on how it's slow, crappy armored and the APCR has less pen than the normal top gun T-28... ;) 

12 minutes ago, Sidus_Preclarum said:

Why the hell does wg model what appears to be storage boxes, as far as I can tell, as primary armour ?! ( rethorical question, see Matilda nose...)

They confuse the hell out of me most of the time.  Just like how they use the SU-122 sort of derp on the SU-85 instead of how they made it on the SU-122M.  The first image here (SU-122) is the mantlet WG chose and uses an entirely different mount, the second one (SU-122M) I think does not.  Notice how in the first one, the driver hatch is half as wide as it should be and it doesn't have the same bump by it for the hatch on the roof.

su122-2.jpg?g2_GALLERYSID=TMP_SESSION_ID

6924190993_c587d08f5d_o.jpg

Soooo, is it better or worse than the normal T-28 before WG removed the F-30 from it?

Back in the day I really liked it as it was the only tier 4 who had the gun to hurt tier 7's, might want to buy it when it comes on next(which knowing WG might be another time this December)

2 minutes ago, jostie said:

Soooo, is it better or worse than the normal T-28 before WG removed the F-30 from it?

Back in the day I really liked it as it was the only tier 4 who had the gun to hurt tier 7's, might want to buy it when it comes on next(which knowing WG might be another time this December)

The game's probably changed too much to give any solid answer.  So far, it seems a solid tank at least.  Enough armor you'll bounce a few rounds per battle, but nothing to be relied upon.  Gun is really nasty, but snap shots won't be what you'll be doing.  Mobility is good enough, but nothing bad or good.  I haven't done much with it, but it seems like a pretty decent tank so far.

1 minute ago, TheMostComfortableTanker said:

The game's probably changed too much to give any solid answer.  So far, it seems a solid tank at least.  Enough armor you'll bounce a few rounds per battle, but nothing to be relied upon.  Gun is really nasty, but snap shots won't be what you'll be doing.  Mobility is good enough, but nothing bad or good.  I haven't done much with it, but it seems like a pretty decent tank so far.

Might pick it up then the next time they have a good deal without too many consumables stuffed with it.

4 hours ago, jostie said:

Might pick it up then the next time they have a good deal without too many consumables stuffed with it.

Probably going to be my last battle for the day since the internet is acting up again, but I can confirm it doesn't afraid of anything in tier 6 battles, just as long as you're not getting shot.  Just got a Lehväslaiho's last battle and had this right before it:

Spoiler

kgIB0EY.jpg

The battle was nothing crazy good, but it certainly showed me it'll eat up most things it'll see.

4 hours ago, jostie said:

IIRC old T-28 was just as fast as it is now, and premium one isn't that fast. Also, it appears premium one has worse gun handling at expense of some armor.

So, i played about 10 games in it last night, I was having fun with it. Its not fast, top speed around 35-40ish, and a little bit sluggish, but has good traverse. 

For the gun, the 120 pen/160 alpha is juicy, you can 1 shot tier 3 TDs. But its very derpy - you HAVE to let it fully aim. Or you will miss. And it takes a while to fully aim, so yeah. Its not a tank you can exactly sit and aim at people with either unfortunately, so I had to find a way to get people distacted while I aimed at them and derped them.

Its not very fast, but its got good traverse. 

The biggest issue I had was the lack of gun depression, especially as literally 5 out of the 10 games were on widepark lol. The tanks really tall as well, which compounds the issue further. 

However, its got a fairly good reload (5.14 seconds with rammer/vents/3 skill T62A crew) and honestly overall its a fun tank. I enjoyed it, and being bottom tier in tier 6 never really felt like I was having a problem aside from my low HP pool because the gun was so powerful, this is probably the ONLY tier 4 tank that wont have any sort of issue with being bottom tier

10 hours ago, Assassin7 said:

The biggest issue I had was the lack of gun depression, especially as literally 5 out of the 10 games were on widepark lol.

Ugh. I try not to dislike maps, but widepark is very tedious for me to play. Either way, would you say that that issue is big enough to make the tank unenjoyable or tedious? 

Rammer+GLD+Vents. It's not a terrible vision platform because the base viewrange is quite good for the tier, but both the camo and gun handling make shooting that far out a chore. I'd rather maximize the gun.

BIA + gun handling + mobility crew skills would help a lot, but I'm not about to retrain a valuable rumed crew just for a t4 prem. Especially given none of them have the double radiomen the T-28E has.

Rammer GLD Vents is what I am running on it as well. I still have a T-34 and a T-34-85 in garage So I got the radio dudez from there to join my Obj 140 crew. It is a fun silly tank. I think most of the player base that owns one and trys to use it as a crew trainer will absolutely suck in it.

On 2.12.2015, 04:55:35, Rexxie said:

Thanks to the prem XP bonus they added in a few patches back, yeah. All prems train crews very well, lower tiers get massive crew XP bonuses to make up for their shit XP earnings.

Does train a couple radiomen, though, which are pretty useless.

At some point in the future one may be able to retrain these into commanders then though, which will be nice to get sixth sense instantly then.

Overall i've found that thing to be quite enjoyable to play. Its gun holds its own in all tiers (APCR pen is better than that of a matilda!), and it absolutely murders its opposition with HE when it's top tier.

I run mine with rammer, GLD and binocs...i just like to be able to spot for myself when the team fails to do so, and not to have to share the income with a spotter.