_EXODUZ_

So what's happening with AW?

To be honest, I haven't even tried it. Used to check it out on Twitch, but no one is streaming lately.

There are like 80 people watching 5 channels right now. So what's up? Do you think the company lost its momentum and hype?

:feelsbad:

So you're saying I should start streaming?

Honestly the game is doing ok, population is increasing slowly but steadily, balance is being sorted far from perfectly, but at a much better rate than WoT. It's free so if you have a pc that can run it, there's no reason not to try it. EU is pretty well populated from what I can tell. NA is a bit slow, but it'll get better.

Just now, Shade421 said:

Honestly the game is doing ok, population is increasing slowly but steadily, balance is being sorted far from perfectly, but at a much better rate than WoT. It's free so if you have a pc that can run it, there's no reason not to try it. EU is pretty well populated from what I can tell. NA is a bit slow, but it'll get better.

Well, I don't think anyone would watch you, but the competition is really low.

:jealous:

7 minutes ago, Crossfader said:

Balance up to tier 6 is pretty good (with 6 being one of the better ones), after that... not so much, MBT's are top dogs tier 7 and up.

Yea, I've read that on their forums. So are you saying the game is increasing its popularity and player base?

3 hours ago, _EXODUZ_ said:

Yea, I've read that on their forums. So are you saying the game is increasing its popularity and player base?

honestly dont know, but people seem to be moving up tiers, with more in 5-7 last weekend then before... dat insane weekend bonus probably help alot.

Just now, _EXODUZ_ said:

It is. Tier 6 is the sweet spot right now. I still enjoy top tiers, like 8 and 9, but it's not for everyone. Balance is still being sorted, but at a much faster pace than WG has ever managed. there's been at least 2 hotfixes for balance issues since te last patch two weeks ago.

population does seem a bit on the low side but its not to hard to get full games on NA, hopefully the game should be in full release by mid december and the holidays should bring a lot more people in trying it out.

one thing is i can say that i have a sizeable friends list and there are only every 4-5 people on playing NA peak times, although the release of fallout 4/ battlefront/ call of duty has probly taken a sizeable chunk of the playerbase away for another month or so

2 hours ago, Shade421 said:

I'll watch if you're partnered or stream in Australian internet compatible quality.

48 minutes ago, DracoArgentum said:

I'll watch if you're partnered or stream in Australian internet compatible quality.

Not sure what the quality entails, when i stream, it's usually max quality twitch will allow.

3 minutes ago, Shade421 said:

Not sure what the quality entails, when i stream, it's usually max quality twitch will allow.

I.e. Not compatible with Australian internet?

You don't have to watch the stream at source quality, and while I love you silly upside down people, I'm not going to stream at potato quality.

Just now, Shade421 said:

You don't have to watch the stream at source quality, and while I love you silly upside down people, I'm not going to stream at potato quality.

You uncaring fiend!

I personally dont play the game because I cant

to reach even 20 fps, I need to lower my res so far down I cant even see where I am driving

other than that, I dont really understand the game very well compared to wot which kinda keeps me away

(I had the pubbie -why the fuck cant I pen anything and why is everyone penning me syndrome for a bit)

26 minutes ago, zapyoug said:

I personally dont play the game because I cant

to reach even 20 fps, I need to lower my res so far down I cant even see where I am driving

other than that, I dont really understand the game very well compared to wot which kinda keeps me away

(I had the pubbie -why the fuck cant I pen anything and why is everyone penning me syndrome for a bit)

It is NOT crappy pc friendly, like wot. Result of using cryengine.

2 hours ago, DracoArgentum said:

Yeah, Twitch medium is the most my internet can handle. Some nights only mobile works and thats got about six pixels.

I didn't know that.

Is Australia a third world country in disguise? :damn:

15 minutes ago, Birkovic said:

I didn't know that.

Is Australia a third world country in disguise? :damn:

Well, Germany is :doge: 

From my experience it is like that because Australia is Australia.
You get somewhat usable connections in the higher populated areas, which are rare (compared to the overall size of the continent). East Coast is most likely your best bet for any connection, although I had a really good connection in Perth.

Btw. having a good connection in Australia/NZ does not mean you will have a good connection (think speed /stability) to more central services such as Twitch.
Your are at the other side of the world after all, no matter your e-penis size measured in mb/s.

PS: I really miss having amazon down there, u have to order from friggin 'murica. (Asia/China imports ftw :kjugh:)

3 hours ago, Shade421 said:

It is NOT crappy pc friendly, like wot. Result of using cryengine.

The irony is, AW doesn't even look that good. Compared to WT it looks like shite.

11 minutes ago, OOPMan said:

The irony is, AW doesn't even look that good. Compared to WT it looks like shite.

What murders crappy PCs is not bootyful graphics, it's lots and lots of stuff going on. That's why WoT maps have like 5 houses and completely featureless terrain, didn't implement HAVOK and has been supremely slow to implement physics ideas they've been talking about since beta. AW in comparison has shitloads of stuff on their maps, to the point of it kinda being too much in some areas. 5x WoT's bushes and trees, shitloads of cluttering pipes, fences, exploding fuel tanks, oil pumps, buildings, cars, buses, trucks, containers and so on and so on.

That's also why WT looks good but runs well, since there are virtually no objects on their maps, especially ones you can interact with. Hence why you'd get such a retarded advantage by running min specs in the tanks department because ALL cover disappeared to the low res guy with everything off. They also run on 3 different engines, of course, with WoT's being the worst by miles and already outdated when the game was in beta.

3 hours ago, Sergeant_Fgt said:

Well, Germany is :doge: 

From my experience it is like that because Australia is Australia.
You get somewhat usable connections in the higher populated areas, which are rare (compared to the overall size of the continent). East Coast is most likely your best bet for any connection, although I had a really good connection in Perth.

Btw. having a good connection in Australia/NZ does not mean you will have a good connection (think speed /stability) to more central services such as Twitch.
Your are at the other side of the world after all, no matter your e-penis size measured in mb/s.

PS: I really miss having amazon down there, u have to order from friggin 'murica. (Asia/China imports ftw :kjugh:)

Indeed. This is the same issue we run into here in South Africa. No matter how good a connection you have, your minimum ping to the northern hemisphere is 180ms and it just goes up from there. Because of the routes taken by undersea cables, ping to USE is 250ms while ping to USW is 300ms. Ping to Russia is about 300ms while ping to SEA regions is a horrific 400ms.

58 minutes ago, OOPMan said:

I don't agree: effects, sounds and ambient are far better in AW than in WoT. The tank models are the only thing that is a tiny bit underwhelming: they look a bit like they were made out of plastic.

The smooke and fire coming from the gun, the explosions and fire, track effects, all of this is better. Also, all the models in AW are "HD", the only thing to improve a bit are the textures, that as I said look too much like plastic.

49 minutes ago, Paaranoja said:

AW got overhyped. People are starting to realise its just a rough wot reskin. Still fun to play, but its not the wot killer everyone was expecting it to be.

It's not a WoT killer, I don't know if there will be any besides WG shooting themselves in the knee. It's a bit like World of Warcraft, there were a lot of games that claimed or were hyped as WoW killers, most of them were outlasted by WoW in the end