Ajaxruby

30b Still Worthwhile?

Hi folks,

I just unlocked my first tier 10, the Centrion AX. As of recently, since the AX was released, I seem to do pretty well in the 7/1, despite its drawbacks, and the AX is just a logical upgrade that I won't hesitate to get. (The whole line was pretty much ground out while still in my newbie potato period, so any bad tanks in the line are pretty much a dull memory).

However, that's not why I'm here. I've been grinding the French line for while in order to get my hands on a Batchat, and now I'm at the 13 90. The question is, is it worth keeping the grind going on the 13 90 to get my hands on the 30b as well as a Bat, or does the AX pretty much negate the 30b? It seems like the AX's gun handling is better, and the tank actually has a bit of armor that can pull some troll bounces unlike the 30b. For me at least, it just seems like the AX plays a similar role but has more flexibility and better gun handling (so pretty much it's better in every way). Should I put the 13 90 on the "play for fun every so often" list after I get the Lorraine, or do I keep powergrinding for a 30 as well?

Thanks in advance.

I'll definitely get the Bat, it's just such a phenomenal tank. But, is the 30b really even worth the grind since the AX seems to outperform it so handily? The 30 1er looks nice for a tier 9 med, but the 30b with its mobility and gun handling just looks like it gets outshone by the AX, which has better gun handling, still good speed, and some armor to boot.

nah fam, AX and STB roast it in mid range hill play and the leo is better for sniping. Too anemic to be an outstanding tank. Does it deserve a place in your garage? I say yes, its not bad, but you should probably get some better, more core tanks first.   

I would say grind the XP on 13 90 for both Lorr and AMX 30. Purely because the 13 90 is crap and you won't  have to revisit it in the future.

+ you will probably use the crew from 13 90 on lorr and bc, so running 13 90 with some ghetto crew will be even more painful

Edited by Pale_Horse
add information

13 90... I liked that quite a bit... I got a girl crew for the Lorraine so my 13 90 crew was a keeper crew... I have a CDC trained crew (because 30 1re not unlocked at the time) and unlocked the 30 1re but I am not going that line either... 

Batchat first, Hundo to develop further... Russian meds, JP2 and possibly US arty because I do want some more missions / girl crews.

2 hours ago, theironmind said:

I thought the 30B was a terrible tank, just couldn't do what I wanted it too. AMX 30 prot is great though.

I sold my 30b to buy M48 patton and I don't regret it at all

My problem is that I have a crew for all my FR tanks with at least 2.5 skills all... ELC, 13-90, 50-100, 50B, 30p and 30B. And, I really have no interest in the TD line until the tier 10 gets buffed to acceptable levels

I like the 30b, to be honest though I don't take it out quite as much due to it being a worse Leo 1. Worse gun handling, not as speedy as the Leo, doesn't have the usable turret like the CAX/STB-1 due to the crap mantlet and that ridiculous commander's hatch. I wouldn't sell it though because I wanted all the tier X meds.

imo the 30b is a pile of shit

the gun refuses to hit things half the time because french and it doesn't really have anything going for it besides not having the ammo rack issues like the leo does

On 2015. 12. 05., zapyoug said:

imo the 30b is a pile of shit

the gun refuses to hit things half the time because french and it doesn't really have anything going for it besides not having the ammo rack issues like the leo does

30b's gun is actually very accurate and you can easily snaphot anything (not like in the tier 9 version which has horrible bloom and gun handling soft stats which makes it unplayable + no armor), but sadly this type of vehicle just don't fit in the current meta as many said before me. The lack of armor and sensible ammo rack / crew just makes it 5 times harder to carry in a tight game.

If wg would buff the overall armor values it could be a good tank but sadly it will be forgotten, especially because of the new czech line which has no armor but is ridiculously op of an autoloader setup..