Intumesce

Intumesce Reviews The Challenger 2

51 minutes ago, Tarski said:

So as far as tier 9 goes, there are only two good MBTs now? That's a little disheartening. 

In my opinion, yes.
The T-90MS because its firepower simply can't be matched and its armor, while riddled with weak spots, has plenty of RNG going on.
The 2A6 because weak spot proof frontal armor, mobility, and decent firepower.

43 minutes ago, Krollin said:

Does the Challenger 2 have the same god awful tracking and fire problems that the Challenger 1 has?

Tracking? Nope, I don't experience being tracked in it more than usual.
Fire? Not really, I've yet to be lit on fire in it while the Challenger 1 had it happen as good as every other match.

1 hour ago, Intumesce said:

Tracking? Nope, I don't experience being tracked in it more than usual.
Fire? Not really, I've yet to be lit on fire in it while the Challenger 1 had it happen as good as every other match.

That is reassuring at least.

So Maus Electric Boogaloo 2.0 Redux edition, the Challenger 2 sequel

Yeah this tank is stuffed in terms of the meta with the mobility nerf coming up next patch they want to remind you that Obsidian hates British tanks, penetration is shit, armor is shit in the context of frontally immunity like you said the Leo 2A6 does its job better, oh but you got great accuracy, that's great but you know that no one is gonna stand still and get shot, oh and you lose the alpha war all the other tier 9 MBTs can beat you in terms of alpha, and that's only with AP rounds once HEAT starts flying you are in shit. The only thing keeping you in the game is the 3300 base hit points, so its just like a Maus, history repeats itself and it has dammed the Challenger 2 into the slow heavily armored shit gun tank group.    

So Maus Electric Boogaloo 2.0 Redux edition, the Challenger 2 sequel

Yeah this tank is stuffed in terms of the meta with the mobility nerf coming up next patch they want to remind you that Obsidian hates British tanks  

If the Brits didn't make such terrible tanks in reality, Obsidian wouldn't have had so much troubling balancing them in-game.

The Challenger 1 is FOTM for a reason.

If the Brits didn't make such terrible tanks in reality, Obsidian wouldn't have had so much troubling balancing them in-game.

The Challenger 1 is FOTM for a reason.

Chally 1 is actually pretty easy to kill atm because of its broken external fuel tanks (even after 0.12) which can be easily lit on fire.  Fire two HE shots at its front headlights to light it up if they aren't already damaged.  Unless they have all of their retrofit slots dedicated to HP buffs and double fire extinguisher consumables they will burn down pretty quickly.  Still a FOTM broken tank though, way too much HP.  With a significant HP nerf I could see its frontal armor being balanced out by the fact it is shit in every other regard.  Same tier IFV's can actually properly flank and circle it.....plus penetrate its sides near the rear.

With the improved comms retrofit fixed, I replaced my chrome barrel lining with the level 3 retrofit and it made accuracy 0.01 degrees worst but buffed reload from 6.35 to 5.49 and aim time from 2.31 to 2.18. the Challenger 2 has been given life in this cruel he spamming world of pve, you can take a bloody beating where other tier 9 mbts would have gotten shit on and would be under pressure to use their repair kits. You can keep laughing and racking up the damage tally.  

So is this still shit?

I only PvE so I think it's quite good for that, due to the basically invulnerability of it to bots.

On 4/17/2016 at 3:23 AM, Pocktio said:

So is this still shit?

I only PvE so I think it's quite good for that, due to the basically invulnerability of it to bots.

Chally 2 was never bad in pvp and anyone who says that has zero clue what they are talking about. Especially since the latest weak point changes it is in fact the strongest and most consistent carry tank at high tiers. The gun is good enough to reliably hit weak points so having less pen is almost irrelevant and the combination of armor and hp makes it uniquely capable of fighting and winning when outnumbered. Just don't get swarmed. For the ultimate winrate padding platoon 3 of these (or 2 with a flanker) and play smart.