Pyr0freak

Škoda T 25

3 hours ago, crapcannon said:

Is this tank a glimpse of whats to come with the T-50 and TVP 50/51? 

This tank is basically what the IJA Chi-Ri strives to be but would never be, all because of the tier difference and tank dimensions.

the Skoda T-25 at tier 6 has a gun that is usable against most targets it will run into (APCR is still essential on most occasions < O-I), and is fast enough and not such a huge target like the Chi-Ri. 

if you haven't grown to be wary of the sight of a platoon of Skoda T-50s or TVP 50/51s when you are within their clip kill range, you just don't know it yet 

Still grinding out my first skill so I can get 6th sense eventually. 
I would love to see what this tank could do with BIA and food.

It could do much less than a Cromwell.

The time required to unload the whole clip at anything that is not point blank range, you require as much time as tha Crommie needs to squeeze 2nd shot, thus equaling your clip damage. Add the Worse base accuracy and worse penetration on both rounds, and the clip potential is even weaker than Crommie trying to 2 for 1 shooting.

And that is not taking into account much worse chassis by itself, much slower, worse view range, etc...

It is even weaker in armor department.

Crommie and armor? Well, it is at least protected from 105 mm derps firing HE from fully penetrating, and tracks sometimes eat small calibre AP shells, HEAT more often. Track position on Škoda deflect or eat nothing, and 105 mm derps almost always full penn.

Even ammo count is a bit low, considering that you would miss 1/3, not penn 1/3 in a typical sniping match at 300-350 m where you could actually live to deal that much damage.

Cost me a match on sand river as top tier.

Finished this tank last night.  Far from a grind, was actually a lot of fun to play.  Only had 6th for the last handful of games.  Top tier its a beast, bottom tier it gets expensive if you are going to do anything besides kill scouts.

On 4/23/2016 at 3:42 AM, Ovenmaster5 said:

Finished this tank last night.  Far from a grind, was actually a lot of fun to play.  Only had 6th for the last handful of games.  Top tier its a beast, bottom tier it gets expensive if you are going to do anything besides kill scouts.

I just finished this one too. The gun is shit like hell. I learned a hard lessen unless absolutely steady not even move the turret an inch otherwise bullets will fly to outerspace every time, even at close range, period. The autoloading is counter productive as it aims far slower than the next shot ready. Pen is awfully low too. A frustrating tank in a frustrating tier. Sold at once. 

16 minutes ago, wes said:

I just finished this one too. The gun is shit like hell. I learned a hard lessen unless absolutely steady not even move the turret an inch otherwise bullets will fly to outerspace every time, even at close range, period. The autoloading is counter productive as it aims far slower than the next shot ready. Pen is awfully low too. A frustrating tank in a frustrating tier. Sold at once. 

You do not need to fire as soon as the next shell is loaded. Even if you take the extra half a second to aim, you've still got a big firepower advantage over most tanks and can get off an entire clip before a heavy reloads. Turret bloom is very low, especially for the tier, so it's almost certainly just the autoloader that's making you feel the gun is uncomfortable. It's a really nice gun, it's just unfortunately given heavy MM weight.

3 hours ago, Rexxie said:

It's a really nice gun, it's just unfortunately given heavy MM weight.

For real? As in its weighted as a tier 6 heavy, not a tier 6 medium? That's ... disappointing.

3 minutes ago, Caomhanach said:

For real? As in its weighted as a tier 6 heavy, not a tier 6 medium? That's ... disappointing.

Yea, the 150 ton, 150mm toting O-I and the 23 ton, 75mm toting Skoda are treated as equals.

24 has bad acc and awful dpm and alpha...meaning tier lower meds could outdpm you, and if you miss the shot you are toasted. T-34 and chinese copy have much better guns, and even M4 with M1A1 is a much better platform...not mentioning the derp.

T25 is not even close to being in a same sentence with good tier 6 meds. Cromwell is a king, 34-85 is crown prince, the duke E8 can play with the big boys...court magician A-43 is a light tank with normal mm and wonderfull soft stats...

Mid pack goes with guards in the castle, Firefly has a punchy gun but bad platform...German meds are not something to write home about, but solid turret armor+88 or rather sterile 75 mm others get at least come with a healthy hp pool and enough armor to resist tier 4-5 somewhat, and they end doing their hp pool of dmg if not too dumb by a little snip on start and fodder later.

and skoda is just a stable boy with big dreams that will never be true. Marginally better than the Jap one (which is not so bad if it didnt get so much module dmg from even 57 mm guns and could go a little faster) or Chinese retarded 34-85 brother is not something I would call "one of the best".

3 shot autoloader is not so good...gun is derpy, shots are slow, and penetration is lacking on both shells, too...if it had german 0.35 and +10 penn it would be workable. against some tier 7 heavies at least.

Tank is just a novelty. It can be better than middle of the group above on some maps...on some would be worse. Top 4 outpace it by so far that it is not even funny.

P.S. by the time you squezze off 3rd (unaimed) shot, E8 has aimed, loaded and fired its 2nd shot, Crommie is very close, so you will not be able to duck in cover in that 0.5 second he has left, and A-43 is firing its gun at the same rate as your intraclip if you aimed fully (o.38, cmon, it even feels like a french 0.38, not the russian one)...with just 20% something less alpha and completely aimed, along with 0.34 acc and better apcr.

So much abut pew-pew.

On 09/05/2016 at 4:45 AM, Caomhanach said:

All non-premium tier 6-8 meds and TDs since the VK3002M have heavy MM weight, including the second German and GB TD lines, the second soviet med line and the JP meds. This convention leads to a lot of stupid shit like the Challenger being matched against heavies while the AT 7 is matched against meds.

Most of the recent tier 6-7 premiums get medium weight because they're pay-to-win by design, although the Skoda T40 is heavy weighted.

Oh man, this tank is so nice. I fell in love with it (again). When I first got it, it was probably me, but I learned to keep my distance and conserve HP early on, and then spend the HP late mid, end game.

A few unica's told me it's really strong for tier 6, and I didn't believe them. When you play this tank at a distance a bit, and let the reticle aim in all the way, lots of good things happen.

You really do have to conserve HP and have a good sense of awareness. Once you play it right, just like the other Czech tank lines, you can be an absolute boss. PUNISH the players that don't pay attention to you. When they do focus you, make sure you have friends and/or hardcover.

I always thought the -93 alpha shell (one of the 3 shells always does this) screws me over, but that's probably because I was trying to clip full HP tanks. You can't, not enough damage in the clip, and you need at least 2, most likely 3 to kill a full HP target. This is where hyper awareness comes into play. Bring your "A" game, and this tank will reward you. 

When I jump into a game, and I'm top tier... I always tell myself "show time!".

I like to compare this to a the Skoda T-50 @ Tier 9, while the Cromwell play style is more like the T62A at tier X (i'm sure there are better analogies).

My $0.02

Crew skills make a huge diference on this. The gun handling isn't good enough with a plain 100% crew. It's far more effective than a cromwell if you can stick a 4 skill crew in it (compared to a 4 skill cromwell.) But really, how many people grinding this will actually have a half decent crew.

5 hours ago, Hally said:

Crew skills make a huge diference on this. The gun handling isn't good enough with a plain 100% crew. It's far more effective than a cromwell if you can stick a 4 skill crew in it (compared to a 4 skill cromwell.) But really, how many people grinding this will actually have a half decent crew.

Really? I love this tank, but it doesn't knock the Cromwell off its pedestal as my favorite tank in the game. Mind if I ask which skills in particular you think push it's performance past a Cromwell with an equal skill crew?

10 hours ago, Caomhanach said:

Really? I love this tank, but it doesn't knock the Cromwell off its pedestal as my favorite tank in the game. Mind if I ask which skills in particular you think push it's performance past a Cromwell with an equal skill crew?

There's just no way. the T 25 has a much lower rate of fire, which punishes misses more harshly in the peek-and-poke meta of medium tanks. It has worse gun depression, which limits its tactical flexibility compared  to the Cromwell. And it's slower and less maneuverable, which limits its strategic mobility. 

21 minutes ago, Kilpanic said:

There's just no way. the T 25 has a much lower rate of fire, which punishes misses more harshly in the peek-and-poke meta of medium tanks. It has worse gun depression, which limits its tactical flexibility compared  to the Cromwell. And it's slower and less maneuverable, which limits its strategic mobility. 

I mostly agree, which is why I was asking Hally for more info on their thought process. One thing though, the T 25 has two more degrees of gun depression than the Cromwell, 10 vs 8, which is pretty huge when you're trying to limit your exposure while emptying your clip. The clip/gun depression combo definitely allows the T 25 to take tactical actions that the Cromwell just can't. That no other tier 6 medium can, in fact. I'm just not sure that's enough, though, no matter how good your crew is, to put it ahead of the Cromwell.

I mainly solopub, which bias me toward tanks that are good at solopubbing while being constantly xvm sniped.

Bia, snap shoot, smooth ride are the main skills I have in mind, in addition to camo/repairs/vision. When you get all the gunnery skills on it, you can actually peek out and snap shot with a very high chance to hit. Your second shot will be aimed as soon as you reload. Your exposure time to get damage out goes down drastically compared to a 0 skill crew. You can get 2 shots off before a cromwell can even get in a single aimed shot.

A key thing to remember with all the czech tanks is you don't have to unload your entire clip. There are many times where you would only fire 2 shots before you retreat and reload, go invisible, before you appear elsewhere from a different angle. The ability to get these 2 shots to land reliably with nearly no exposure makes this tank that much better. A cromwell in the same situation will only get 135 damage off, if it even hits. Cromwell won't come ahead in damage output until it fires a 3rd shot.

Raw dpm means very little to low alpha cardboad tanks that are not red line chai sniping, when it comes to carrying potato teams. With all the xvm sniping going on, you will die very quickly if you stay spotted the entire time, as many people will drop what they are doing just to try shooting you. Arty will ignore everything else and go for you. This severely restricts the cromwell practical dpm in many situations.

So really, I guess I like the T-25 far more than the cromwell simply because it doesn't get neutered nearly as much by (arty) xvm sniping when solopubbing.

Thanks for answering, @Hally. One thing I really like about this tank that's similar to what you're talking about, is the ability to work ridges better than other the other tier 6 meds. For example, on Westfield, I'll often go support the heavies and TD's on the big hill, and I'll often be able to squeeze off my entire clip into some heavy's side while staying mostly hull down and duck back down the slope before they can even turn their gun on me. None of the other tier 6's meds can pull that off, either because of some combination of low alpha, poor gun depression, and gun handling.

3 hours ago, Kilpanic said:

I got the T 40 and the T 25 mixed up. I'm an idiot. I'll shut up now. 

Lol. I mean, you're still right about the lower rate of fire and mobility. But yea, the T 40 doesn't hold a candle to either.

On 6/10/2016 at 10:17 PM, Hally said:

1)Cromwell is faster than almost all of tier 6 lights.

2)DPM means a lot when you are top tier

3) Did you use bonos on Crommie? I can fire unspotted 80% of the time when toptier, at least in first 3 minutes. When i see enemy tank at 350+ m with 330 m view range, lol.

Skoda has a bas penetration on both shells, too. 

I think that Crommie is >>>>>>>Skoda. But the fact is, less ppl play Crommie how it should be played, you need specific mindset.

It is the horrible gun handling that puts them off. You need to be either rather passive to counter it (Crom snipes very well thanks to 0.36 base acc, while unspotted and you need to create that situations a lot, a lot of planning needed, knowing the map, using XVM to predict how good crew opponents have, or their equipment loadout, finding long lanes of fire, etc...), or super agressive - but at the right moment. If you conserved HP to take one shot, Crommie can be a death warrant for any tier 8 heavy, in a right situation. Circle of death.

DPM matters, too. Good players can counter the circle of death by getting the back to a wall, but you can kill them by then. and permatracks everybody.

Skoda is better for less nerdy players. You can play it more instinctive. Poke ridge, clip. Find someone distracted and fire...while if you try to play crommie the same way, you get shot back in either situations before you can aim enough to hit anything.

1. Cromwell is faster and more agile than t25, but the difference is not big enough to actually matter. Both are mobile enough to go whereever they need to, and both are not fast or small enough to dodge shells like an old t-50-2.

2. Both tanks easily seal club clueless tier 6s when top tier. The problem is when you are not top tier, or when you get stuck in an arty party. Cromwell suffers a lot more in such situations when being xvm sniped.

3. Tried binocs, but it doesn't help much. If you do get spotted, the enemy team will drop what they are doing to kill you. I died before 6th sense even went off in many cases. I blame xvm sniping... you won't get focused like that with xvm camo.

--------------

The horrible gun handling on cromwell is a huge issue. Close range combat without gun handling, alpha/burst, or armor is a terrible combination. You won't get to chai snipe on every map; on ones where you can't, you get screwed. Again, I blame xvm sniping, it hurts some tanks a lot more than others. Cromwell is without doubt the better tank if there's no xvm.

Finally picked this back up, giving me all three Czech Autoloaders. Picked up this lil gem of a Ace on Ruinberg South

That also said, the gun handling is frustrating at time as well as pentration. Could really use food instead of Auto Ext, but Im poor right now cause no one wants to run SHs for some reason :(

On 9/14/2016 at 3:35 PM, TheMarine0341 said:

Finally picked this back up, giving me all three Czech Autoloaders. Picked up this lil gem of a Ace on Ruinberg South

That also said, the gun handling is frustrating at time as well as pentration. Could really use food instead of Auto Ext, but Im poor right now cause no one wants to run SHs for some reason :(

More APCR. One clip of HE is beneficial if you find borsig/hellokitty/67. Kitty dies from one clip is good roll or nicked a bit ) 525 vs 330 clip alpha. Hell, 330 is not enough to yolo rush T67 padders that infest tier 5...and your reload is short enough to load correct shells for most of the time. 34-85 has the same HE alpha as your entire AP clip (300)

Note to self: Pretty much all the time, any gun over 105mm in caliber will ammorack you no matter where it hits.

Jesus, haven't been blown up so often ever since I broke 2 keyboards playing the T-44