Sign in to follow this  
milk_my_duds

Which tier 9 to get?

I am finishing up the grind on M1A1.  Have been wondering which tier 9 I should get with the token.  I know T90MS is the best but it's on another dealer's tree. 

Should I get M1A2 and wait for the buff?  Or should I get the 2A6 which is slightly better tank right now than M1A2? Or maybe CRAB for the lols?

BTW - I plan to grind mainly PvP with the tier 9. 

Thanks.

1 minute ago, FrankyMcShanky said:

Honestly, I'd wait.  Go enjoy another line for awhile and let the dust settle in tier 9.

Pretty much this.  Tier 9 game play is going to see some radical changes in the near future, it has to.  Save those credits and grind out as many vehicle lines as you can.  There really isn't a rush to get to tier 9 at the moment given that there is no real endgame, no clan wars or official tournaments.

1 minute ago, shwedor said:

Pretty much this.  Tier 9 game play is going to see some radical changes in the near future, it has to.  Save those credits and grind out as many vehicle lines as you can.  There really isn't a rush to get to tier 9 at the moment given that there is no real endgame, no clan wars or official tournaments.

I really enjoyed smacking you in the face with HEAT at the beginning of that River Point game last night.  Most satisfying thing ever.  Maybe even better than sex.

5 minutes ago, FrankyMcShanky said:

I really enjoyed smacking you in the face with HEAT at the beginning of that River Point game last night.  Most satisfying thing ever.  Maybe even better than sex.

Still not as satisfying as me getting to see the Victory screen because you jokers in your teams' top tier MBT' all went mid and lost both sides for your team...and didn't even successfully take mid nor even take me out of the fight.  A 300 HP Fox still shits out 1400 alpha per ATGM salvo :)

1 minute ago, shwedor said:

Still not as satisfying as me getting to see the Victory screen because you jokers in your teams' top tier MBT' all went mid and lost both sides for your team...and didn't even successfully take mid nor even take me out of the fight.  A 300 HP Fox still shits out 1400 alpha per ATGM salvo :)

T___T

. . . rekt . . .

I'm in the same situation, do I spend my money buying the Leo2A6, or do I spend my money buying the T8 T90 I just unlocked?

It's so tempting to buy the Leo2A6 because reasons and high tier, but I know the sensible thing is to buy T90 and grind that out to unlock another tier 9 tank.

2 hours ago, LamaLeif said:

I'm in the same situation, do I spend my money buying the Leo2A6, or do I spend my money buying the T8 T90 I just unlocked?

It's so tempting to buy the Leo2A6 because reasons and high tier, but I know the sensible thing is to buy T90 and grind that out to unlock another tier 9 tank.

I say get the tier 8s.  No reason to have 9s at the moment unless you're content with playing them in PvE all the time as PvP will take ages to find matches

Get the T-90MS. The Challenger 2 is okay, but since it's being nerfed and has very little use outside of platoons, it's not really worth it anymore. Better than the M1A2, but you never have a reason to pick that anyway.

I honestly don't get why Obsidian was compelled to implement the M1A2 in such a shitty state, even with the Gun Depression being fixed the M1A2 will still be the worst MBT at Tier 9.

I don't have any Bias against Nations when it comes to Tanks (as i love Tanks as a whole no matter who makes them) and i know this game isn't a simulator....but common now, the M1A2 should be more than capable of competing with a T-90MS. Same goes for the Whole Armata hype, when the T-14 was unveiled i was just as interested as any Tank lover to see a new modern MBT put on the table. But the way the Armata is over hyped in AW (and how its most likely to be OP as fck when in-game) is overkill at the least, i respect Russian engineering and all, but despite what the Russian's "claim" the Armata is capable of my response is simply this: "what war's or conflicts did the Armata participate in? how has the Armata proven itself on the battle field?" 

I honestly don't get why Obsidian was compelled to implement the M1A2 in such a shitty state, even with the Gun Depression being fixed the M1A2 will still be the worst MBT at Tier 9.

I don't have any Bias against Nations when it comes to Tanks (as i love Tanks as a whole no matter who makes them) and i know this game isn't a simulator....but common now, the M1A2 should be more than capable of competing with a T-90MS. Same goes for the Whole Armata hype, when the T-14 was unveiled i was just as interested as any Tank lover to see a new modern MBT put on the table. But the way the Armata is over hyped in AW (and how its most likely to be OP as fck when in-game) is overkill at the least, i respect Russian engineering and all, but despite what the Russian's "claim" the Armata is capable of my response is simply this: "what war's or conflicts did the Armata participate in? how has the Armata proven itself on the battle field?" 

ey now cmon mate it was in a parade (although one broke down) isnt that enough to be called battle proven these days :gaytroll:

But the way the Armata is over hyped in AW (and how its most likely to be OP as fck when in-game)

I'm predicting that it will be a meh tank among good players. After the dust settles and they buff/nerf it so it is overall performing okay. That thin turret will be a reduced damage weakspot. Good players are going to find it hard to leverage skill when any baddie can get free HEAT damage on the least hidable part of the tank.

I'm predicting that it will be a meh tank among good players. After the dust settles and they buff/nerf it so it is overall performing okay. That thin turret will be a reduced damage weakspot. Good players are going to find it hard to leverage skill when any baddie can get free HEAT damage on the least hidable part of the tank.

Never Underestimate the Russians ability to "Bend the Rules" so to speak.

Sure the T-14 is a completely different design from the traditional Russian T-series, and while the hull is very well protected, the turret is relativity cheese in comparison the the traditional T-series turret Design's.

But.....

I am sure that some how....in some way...they will make that turret a bitch to penetrate, regardless of what design's would suggest.

Never Underestimate the Russians ability to "Bend the Rules" so to speak.

Sure the T-14 is a completely different design from the traditional Russian T-series, and while the hull is very well protected, the turret is relativity cheese in comparison the the traditional T-series turret Design's.

But.....

I am sure that some how....in some way...they will make that turret a bitch to penetrate, regardless of what design's would suggest.

How can you be so sure of the real life T-14 armour characteristics? I doubt that the Russians would design a tank with a soft turret and then openly brag about it being immune to current NATO tank rounds. They have made mention of new materials used in the armour whose composition will remain a closely guarded secret and they have said that the armour is comprised of many 'layers'. Whether or not that means spaced armour layers or composite 'layers' a' la Chobham armour or both will probably remain unknown until one is captured by an "unfriendly" power.
The T-14's seen in public almost certainly do not represent the finished product either, any deduction as to the efficacy of the armour based on public observations can only be pure speculation at best.

As AW set protection and pen values according to balancing needs within constraints imposed by the armour model itself I doubt that any vehicle in AW is a close relation to its real life counterpart. Yes, the T-14 is bound to be well protected and have an OP gun but then which Tier 10 MBT won't have?

How can you be so sure of the real life T-14 armour characteristics? I doubt that the Russians would design a tank with a soft turret and then openly brag about it being immune to current NATO tank rounds.

Because the turret just isn't thick enough on the front to have thick armour. Nor is the thing heavy enough to have heaps of armour everywhere. There is obviously a trade off where the turret is low profile and unmanned so they can put less weight of armour there. Good move IRL, bad in an AW style game though.

Because the turret just isn't thick enough on the front to have thick armour. Nor is the thing heavy enough to have heaps of armour everywhere. There is obviously a trade off where the turret is low profile and unmanned so they can put less weight of armour there. Good move IRL, bad in an AW style game though.

Hang on a moment, are people from WoTLabs actually getting up on the thing and measuring things?

If they are, wow, if not then we should stop presenting speculation as fact.

Don't forget that the turret is unmanned which means that the turret can be smaller but carry a greater thickness of armour and still save weight.
Also, we know nothing about the new composite being used which could effect armour thickness and we cannot say that the current turret on the ones we have seen is the finished article or simply a "hat". No doubt the thing would be draped in Applique when it comes into service and armour kits added if it needs to get down and dirty.

Edit: According to Wiki, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-14_Armata, the T-14 relies heavily on APS for protection while the crew compartment is heavily armoured with a quoted protection of 900mm of RHA. Good luck with that in game as APS systems in RL are not an easy fit in a game where you can constantly be shot at ie APS cool downs would have to be closely looked at and the T-14 APS must be able to intercept all kinds of rounds not just ATGM's. Not only that but there are multiple APS types too.