Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SoliDeoGloria

Halp with xbone controller

Recommended Posts

So I bought myself a controller (finally), and it doesn't seem to want to do anything. Currently on Windows 10, all drivers updated, and the light on the controller is lit, however when tested it doesn't do anything. It isnt the USB port, and everywhere I go tells me that everything should be plug-n-play. Any ideas or steps I missed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just purchased the wireless Xbox360 for my daughter.

Step 1 - Install Software

Win7 just recognized the device and installed it automatically.

See if you can manually install the software?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, NightmareMk9 said:

I just purchased the wireless Xbox360 for my daughter.

Step 1 - Install Software

Win7 just recognized the device and installed it automatically.

See if you can manually install the software?

According to xbox, Windows 10 already has the software.

59IpNsR.png

This is from the properties menu of the device.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you buy an Xbox Xbox Controller or a windows Xbox controller? I tried using a normal 360 Controller with my PC a while back, but it didnt work (using a USB cord and stuff) but early this year I bought a new Windows 360 controller and it is just plug n play, (like, it said "Xbox 360 Controller for Windows" in windows MS style packaging, while across the shelf in the shop there were normal "Xbox 360 Controller" in Xbox style Packaging)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine is a green box, says controller + cable for windows, and to top it off, bought from Memory Express, a computer specific store. By this, it's deductible that the controller is compatible with windows. I also could be the game I was using it with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Assassin7 said:

Did you buy an Xbox Xbox Controller or a windows Xbox controller? I tried using a normal 360 Controller with my PC a while back, but it didnt work (using a USB cord and stuff) but early this year I bought a new Windows 360 controller and it is just plug n play, (like, it said "Xbox 360 Controller for Windows" in windows MS style packaging, while across the shelf in the shop there were normal "Xbox 360 Controller" in Xbox style Packaging)

Yah, I also made this mistake the first time. When buying an XBox controller for use with Windows you need to make sure your buy the PC version. The reason is that the XBox controllers use a custom wireless communications system which a normal bluetooth controller can't handle, hence the dongle included with the pack. Multiple controllers will work with a single dongle though :-)

@OP: https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-on-windows/accessories/connect-xbox-one-controller-to-pc

Also, maybe try a different USB port. My PC, for example, has 2 different USB controllers so some of the ports use an Intel controller (Good), while others use a VIA controller (Bad).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, OOPMan said:

Yah, I also made this mistake the first time. When buying an XBox controller for use with Windows you need to make sure your buy the PC version. The reason is that the XBox controllers use a custom wireless communications system which a normal bluetooth controller can't handle, hence the dongle included with the pack. Multiple controllers will work with a single dongle though :-)

@OP: https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-on-windows/accessories/connect-xbox-one-controller-to-pc

interestingly enough, my Windows controller still works fine on the 360 though, lol. its not wireless, its the wired version (wireless more expensive and I don't mind the wired version anyway) but the 360 controller with the USB wire charger adapter didn't

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Assassin7 said:

interestingly enough, my Windows controller still works fine on the 360 though, lol. its not wireless, its the wired version (wireless more expensive and I don't mind the wired version anyway) but the 360 controller with the USB wire charger adapter didn't

Weird. My experience has been with wireless controllers only. I got wireless because I use the NVidia streaming feature to play games on my TV. It's actually super cool. My desktop packs way more punch than the PS4 or XBone so streaming stuff to the TV and playing it there is a great experience :-) If only I had a proper 1080p TV :-/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got my regular 360 controller working, and my xbox360 Guitar Hero guitars (all of them) by either USB or dongle, there are some programs you can download (quick google) that'll autoinstall the software needed once you plug the USB in

Dongle also recognises most drivers and has that build in, but MS LAG IS SHIT BOIS, CHORDLESS = WORTHLESS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've bought a xbox one controller some time ago, as it was cheaper than the versions which are 'meant to be for pc' and I didn't want to buy an old 360 controller.
Plug'ed in the cable that came with my g700 few years ago (I never used since) and the controller works like a charm.

Any news if there will be a wireless possibility for the xbox one controllers too ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, NightmareMk9 said:

OOP, is that the new Nvidia Shield?  Are you hard wired or wifi?

I'm trying to decide between that and the Steam Link.  The Link is only $50

No, I cheat. I have an Android-based set-top box that I use to run an application called Moonlight which is an open-source Shield client. You can find all the details at:

Wired is a must for GameStream, wireless performs too poorly unless you drop a huge amount of cash on one of those enterprise-grade Ubiquiti wireless routers.

If you want maximum flexibility I would recommend you get the Nvidia Shield device and use a wired network. The Steam link is cheaper but the Steam streaming is also less advanced than that of NVidia Some games that Stream fine with GameStream don't work as well with the Steam streaming I've found.

Plus, Steam is supported by GameStream so you can easily try streaming games that aren't officially support and more often than not they'll work fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...