Sign in to follow this  
blackzaru

Armored Warfare 0.12, holiday specials, and free type 59

Ok, so don't know if any topic was made about it (looked through recent, did not see anything that matched the announcement date), so bin it if there was.

1. First off: free type 59 on log in: https://aw.my.com/us/news/general/free-type-59-everyone?id=13.2000009&implicit=1&clientlang=en&clientterritory=usa&gcid=1068962077166321190&server=1&lang=en_GB&clientstate=installed&clientbuildid=59&_1lp=0&_1ld=2046937_0
  2. Second topic: major update (20gb +) https://aw.my.com/us/news/general/introducing-update-012?id=13.2000009&clientlang=en&clientterritory=usa&gcid=5679388006205112171&server=1&lang=en_GB&clientstate=installed&clientbuildid=59&_1lp=0&_1ld=2046937_0
  3. Third topic: bunch of new tanks on sales, which include this;

tjoPJfO.png

https://aw.my.com/us/news/general/introducing-ice-edition-vehicles?id=13.2000009&implicit=1&clientlang=en&clientterritory=usa&gcid=1068962077166321190&server=1&lang=en_GB&clientstate=installed&clientbuildid=59&_1lp=0&_1ld=2046937_0

As far as I am concerned:

• a free tank is always good.
  • the update is kind of big (I have a download cap limit), did not try the changes so far.
  • not all those premiums are worth it. The big guns collection is only worth it, if you want a lot of tanks and did not buy any (or almost no) tanks before. I can't even picture myself driving a premium OF-40, I loved the gun on mine, but the armor was beyond atrocious. However, I have a boner for the leo 2AV.

So, what are your thoughts?

EDIT: As soon as I post this, recent refreshes and there is someone who posted about the type 59... -_- Well, at least not everything was covered.

Edited by blackzaru

Something wrong with your client.  My patch is under 4 gigs.

Apparently happened to several people. Some are losing there shit over it on the forums.

Aren't these ICE prems a blatant cash grab and against the policy of obsidian? Re-skinned fully upgraded tanks as prem...

"Premium vehicles are balanced to be approximately as powerful as regular vehicles of the same tier with half of their modules unlocked. Premium vehicles can be equipped with retrofits but they generally do not have unlockable modules."

If WG tried shit like that, all hell would break loose.. but praise Obsidian I guess...

Aren't these ICE prems a blatant cash grab and against the policy of obsidian? Re-skinned fully upgraded tanks as prem...

"Premium vehicles are balanced to be approximately as powerful as regular vehicles of the same tier with half of their modules unlocked. Premium vehicles can be equipped with retrofits but they generally do not have unlockable modules."

If WG tried shit like that, all hell would break loose.. but praise Obsidian I guess...

I'd be annoyed if they didn't also roll out the "battle hardened" upgrades today as well.  You can now upgrade any tank to a premium so all your really paying for with the ICE tanks is a level 5 crew and some cosmetic bullshit.

Hardened? What is that... doesn't sound too bad in theory. Im wondering if these ICE prems get pref MM as well like other prems.

Hardened? What is that... doesn't sound too bad in theory. Im wondering if these ICE prems get pref MM as well like other prems.

You pay in game currency premium currency to convert any tier 3+ tank into a premium.  Can only be done once you hit 50% progress on the vehicle.  Tier 3's costs 450 gold and tier 9's cost 7,000.

I don't think that they get pref MM but I have no evidence one way or another.  Keep in mind pref MM in AW doesn't guarantee anything, the MM just try's to give you a break when it can.

Battle Hardened tanks earn 25%  extra credits, while premium tanks earn 50% more credits and have that pref. matchmaker thing going for them. So it looks to me if you want to play a somewhat balanced tier you go for premium tanks at tier 6, if you want to play tier 9 you battle harden something and earn fairly good credits doing so.

So, is the tier 6 Leo2 AV ICE worth it? I'm going up the Leo line (at the Leo 1A5 right now) and I want a tank to play when I don't feel like playing but wanna feel like I'm gaining experience playing the tanks.

So, is the tier 6 Leo2 AV ICE worth it? I'm going up the Leo line (at the Leo 1A5 right now) and I want a tank to play when I don't feel like playing but wanna feel like I'm gaining experience playing the tanks.

leo 2AV is pretty gud, its not a frontline mbt but it can hulldown really well and has a accurate gun.

fairly mobile as well

Premium M60A3 looks mighty appealing.

Also, do AW premiums really have pref mm? I always thought they didn't since unlike in wot, they're as effective as an upgraded tank of the same tier.

Also, do AW premiums really have pref mm? I always thought they didn't since unlike in wot, they're as effective as an upgraded tank of the same tier.

pretty sure it has been confirmed... i hardly ever see tier 7' with my tier 6 prem, never seen any 8's

Leo 2AV is sexy as fuck in winter camo

So, which ones are worth getting?  I'm thinking the Leo for sure.  Not crazy about the Russian MBTs, but I'm only at the T-64.  The M60 seems too easy to pen.  That leaves the OF-40, which, fully upgraded, seems like a decent T4 tank.  But it's a T4 tank.  So....just the Leo?

Its pseudo pref. They can see the same tier spread as normal vehicles but the MM tries to avoid making them bottom tier.

I'd be annoyed if they didn't also roll out the "battle hardened" upgrades today as well.  You can now upgrade any tank to a premium so all your really paying for with the ICE tanks is a level 5 crew and some cosmetic bullshit.

Right, so they've basically implemented the Talisman thing from WT. Not bad.

Is there a review if the ice tanks yet? Im just excited I get to get the Merc tanks I missed.

I can tell that both the leo and m60a3 are good buy. Bought both of them with suspicions I might regret it. Both are great (especially hull-downed), and make good credits.

Out of the ice tanks the tier 6 and the two tier 5's are good. Obj 430 is the worst pos tier 3 tank in the game imo. The tier 4 OF40 is extremely bad as well imo.

OF40 rly so shitty? Because I thought maybe I should get one. It is very cheap and it wouldn´t hurt my purse. Although even Leo 2 AV wouldn´t rly hurt. But since I haven´t played this game a lot, I thought I should start small.

Anyway. Regarding this major update. With a clean install I downloaded first 4gb and after this 4gb package has been installed I now need to download another 12gb. Wtf :kjugh:

OF40 rly so shitty? Because I thought maybe I should get one. It is very cheap and it wouldn´t hurt my purse. Although even Leo 2 AV wouldn´t rly hurt. But since I haven´t played this game a lot, I thought I should start small.

Anyway. Regarding this major update. With a clean install I downloaded first 4gb and after this 4gb package has been installed I now need to download another 12gb. Wtf :kjugh:

The OF40: good dpm, low alpha, big, no armor, no camo.

So basically, you are the wot-equivalent of a heavy tank in size and camo, but with almost no armor and the alpha of a med/light.

Rating: NOPE/10