shutupshake

TVP VTU Koncept: The Czech Turd?

I guess this thing is really almost no different from most of all the other tier 8 mediums. Just about inept unless top tier. I really hate tanks like this when you know you will banging your head against the wall because you are given very little chance in many matches.

On 1/11/2017 at 9:38 PM, gabse said:

Alright im trough this pos. This must be the worst tank in the game, at least the worst i played. It has literally no staying power and actually carrying a team is impossible. You just have to hope you get a non shit team that doesnt need you to push. It gets autopenned by literally anything and almost every single hit you take damages a crew member or ammo rack. What must have WG thought when creating this, it is the worst medium heavy at tier 8. 

The grind took me 145 games 

Perfectly described Caern.

Crew retraining discount this weekend, so off my TVP VTU crew go to the Skoda T50. As much as i've managed to squeeze out of this tank, and some amazing feats i've had to pull off in order to do, this tank will not be missed.

In the future, If someone asks me about my experience in the TVP VTU all I might remark is, "Huh, I didn't do too shit/bad in it, somehow..."

This tank is hawt garbage. Crew and module damage every shot, poor characteristics. I used top turret and the 10.5 cause it made it kinda different. This tanks bad, and for those who are about to grind it, youll prolly feel bad playing it. GL.

This feels a lot like smaller CDC with worse mobility, view range and accuracy. I'm seriously considering playing this with the 105. :D

1 hour ago, Daroc said:

This feels a lot like smaller CDC with worse mobility, view range and accuracy. I'm seriously considering playing this with the 105. :D

Somehow, CDC always hit the dirt while TVP hit the targets way more often, and with much less effort. 8.8 with APCR (slightly faster shells, and just enough better pen to justify goldspam - german 8.8 has better AP, but same APCR) is reasonably accurate mid-range, without much aiming (it is basically a 8.8 german gun that sacrifices final acc for aim time - a good trade IMHO, at least on a chassis more mobile than Panther 2/Tiger).

CDC on the other hand...french gun syndrome...tin foil hat theory or no, but it happens all the time...50 m targets and you miss broadside...

It actually accelerate about as well as a panther 2 and turns worse; thanks to terrible terrain resistance values. It is one of the least mobile t8 mediums.. being better than only the t-54 proto and super pershing. It accelerates a little faster than indien panzer, but turns worse. Even with vents, food, bia, offroad driving, and clutching breaking; you will not reach top speed without downhill assist or city roads. You are actually unable to run circles around heavies due to severe speed loss when trying to turn. Heavies with higher turret traverse rates like 215b can keep shooting you even if he is tracked. Better (but non-amazing) gun handling is not enough to justify the loss in mobility on a cardboard tank, I feel. With the 88, it is outclassed pretty badly by the STA-1/2, pershing, and patton kr.

On 11.01.2017 at 9:38 PM, gabse said:

Alright im trough this pos. This must be the worst tank in the game, at least the worst i played. It has literally no staying power and actually carrying a team is impossible. You just have to hope you get a non shit team that doesnt need you to push. It gets autopenned by literally anything and almost every single hit you take damages a crew member or ammo rack. What must have WG thought when creating this, it is the worst medium at tier 8. 

The grind took me 145 games 

The problem isn't that it's super shit in any peticular thing. it's just not good enough at everything. A bit to slow for the speed to be really usefull, a bit to slow reload for the 88 to shine, a bit too blind. It's like a worse cdc and I hate the cdc.

Just looked at the stats and each gun "upgrade" and the top turret severely nerfs the tank in some regard. Even though you wouldn't run it in either configuration: stock you get 12 degrees of gun depression and 2220 dpm; the top 105cm and second turret nets you 6 degrees and 1820dpm. FFS.

Never skipped a tank by contributing to the Serb's holiday fund before. But there's a first time for everything.

Every time I see TVP in game I think: "Damn this tank looks great!" which is immediately followed with "Too bad it's such a piece of horsesh*t that it can only distribute its hit points to enemies..."

I'd really want this tank to be at least a little competitive, because I find it very nice, but hell no. It's so bad even compared to tier 8 premiums, it was impossible to keep it after I grinded tier 9... Sad.

On 2/2/2017 at 5:34 PM, sohojacques said:

Just looked at the stats and each gun "upgrade" and the top turret severely nerfs the tank in some regard. Even though you wouldn't run it in either configuration: stock you get 12 degrees of gun depression and 2220 dpm; the top 105cm and second turret nets you 6 degrees and 1820dpm. FFS.

Never skipped a tank by contributing to the Serb's holiday fund before. But there's a first time for everything.

Duno where you get that stock info from but.. Stock with 88 is actually 8 degrees of depression and 2057 base dpm.

Why would one even consider a gun that is strictly there for "historical accuracy", with no reason to ever use. Just like why would any sane person use the D25T on an IS-4.

7 hours ago, Hally said:

Why would one even consider a gun that is strictly there for "historical accuracy", with no reason to ever use. Just like why would any sane person use the D25T on an IS-4.

To highlight the steady nerfs that occur to the tank as you "upgrade" modules. Thought that was pretty clear? I did say:

On 03/02/2017 at 0:34 PM, sohojacques said:

Even though you wouldn't run it in either configuration

Yeah?

I've been playing around (around 60 matches) with both turrets and finally settled for the second one as the gun handling just feels noticeably better with it. The extra 2 degrees of depression on the stock turret doesn't make up for the lack of gun handling for me. In fact, I really don't feel like I'm lacking any depression with the second turret at all.

i'd still prefer and recommend using the long 8.8 cm gun, its up to you if you'd rather have the stock or elite turret, both have relatively the same gun handling, the elite turret slightly increases reload/DPM and 10m more VR, but i was willing to trade that for the stock turret's gun depression

On 2/21/2017 at 9:47 PM, ThomChen114 said:

i'd still prefer and recommend using the long 8.8 cm gun, its up to you if you'd rather have the stock or elite turret, both have relatively the same gun handling, the elite turret slightly increases reload/DPM and 10m more VR, but i was willing to trade that for the stock turret's gun depression

I used the long 88mm gun too but I felt a definite difference in the gun handling between the stock and second turrets. The soft stats with the second turret are better and this was confirmed for me by several other unicum players who have gone through this tank. Those stats you cannot see in the garage and it's misleading because the stats they do show make it seem like the gun handling would be pretty much identical with either turret, which is not entirely correct.

I bought the tank back, put a good crew into it, and tortured myself for 200 solopub battles on NA west. 100 battles with 88 + stock turret, 100 battles with 105 + top turret. Food is used for all 200 battles; which cut my profit margin down to nothing. I lost ~130k credits over the course of these 200 battles.

The tank chasis itself is a big, fat, HE vulnerable cardboard incapable of even troll bouncing low tiers. Ammo rack damage and crew deaths are extremely common when shot at. It also happens to be one of the least mobile t8 med, beating only the t54 proto and super pershing. With a camo value not much better than an E50, utilizing solid cover and limiting exposure is extremely important when not chai sniping.

--------------

One of the common suggestions is the stock turret + 88mm setup. It offers slightly above average dpm and -8 degrees of gun depression compared to many similar t8 meds... at the expense of having by far the worst chasis. Making use of the dpm is very difficult in practice when you cannot afford to take any hits early to mid game. Utilizing cover and vision mechanics means you won't be firing more than once per 12 seconds; while chai sniping has serious penetration issues, especially against higher tiers or same tier heavies. This setup is just a flat out gimped sta-1/2 or pz 58, with no noteworthy advantages.

I ended up with an awful 58% win rate, 1683 dpg for these 100 battles. Equipment used is the typical rammer vents vstab.

---------------

This is the setup that I found to make this tank "work":

816caeaec990415abc9beac1b59213ab.jpg

105mm + top turret offers a unique vehicle compared to other t8 meds. You have significantly better alpha, good (but not amazing) gun handling; at the expense of only having -6 depression and significantly below average paper dpm. What this gun does offer, is the ability to effectively abuse vision mechanics, especially against many blind tier 8 vehicles when top tier.

I ended up with a much imporved 72% win rate, 2120 dpg for these 100 battles.

While the 105mm, especially without rammer, appears to have awful dpm on paper; that is not the case in practice due to the shots I take. Most of the time, I will be making use of a bush to fire, then retreat and go invisible before I fire again. The 105mm has significantly higher practical dpm for this reason. I simply do not get to make use of the 88mm's dpm without getting myself killed or crippled in the vast majority of situations. This vision abuse also let me fight effectively at medium range, something the 88mm struggle at.

Gun depression actually do not matter that much; as the tank has no business being in close quarters combat. If you find yourself in cqc, it pretty much means you f'd up. 6 degrees is perfectly fine for medium range combat. Being used to make -5 tanks work probably helped me significantly in this regard.

As for the vision stacking.. it is how I can get such a high win rate while having potato dpg. The ability to vision abuse tier 10s and consequently make better use of my pubbies gave me huge win rate boosts on maps like lakeville and prokhorovka. Vision gave me a lot more flexibility when bottom tier, which is more than 90% of my matches due to server population issues.

PS: fun fact.. most of my 3 marked tanks involved dropping the rammer.

23 hours ago, Hally said:

105 was buffed a lot since release, but 88+stock turret is still a way to go if you:

1. do not have mad crew skills fit for a tier 10 tank, but fresh 2 skill crew you started to grind the line, with bare bones in camo and rep, so your vision abusing is minimal unless top tier.

2. do not run food - it improves 105 more than 88 due to diminishing returns on 88. I liked 2 rep kits simply due to shitty modules.

3. do not have that much experience with tanks with bad gun dep, or simply want a easier grind.  88+ stock turret fits more into playstyle of a generic, shitty tier 8 med. pop ridge and shoot for pew-pew. can permatrack, and 88 apcr+nice aim time works quite good.

my setup on Kranvagn is exactly the same as yours...i am trying to do the same - spot when my shitty gun does not add up...or when i am reloading with no arty. 

P.S. you should have used optics, especially if you ran food even with 88+stock turret. you have gimped your vision too much. That thing alone would have given you quite a few % WR at least in 1st setup.

I got similar WR/ less dmg as you at 1st setup, and i am a scrub. 105 mm was shit, I grinded it in 1st patch since release+had 1.5 skill crew+no food.

TVP VTU Czech MT 8 185 56.76% 1477 68.68 1.15 1.12 77% 622 115009 3rd Class 2413

88 works better when you are not being xvm sniped. Ridge fighting in a tier 8 wet cardboard as a purple on NA west (which is infested with xvm snipers) is not that different from yoloing down middle at start of a match.