shutupshake

TVP VTU Koncept: The Czech Turd?

This tank is awefull and my performance is absymal, worst tier 8 tank i played in a very long time, in terms of shitty-ness its as bad as say Caern or Cent mk1.

No armor, soso mobility and bad camo / size / viewrange and poor penetration, coupled with either:

• Stock turret + 88 = lowish dpm, poorish gun handling, low alpha dmg and 1350 hp (and 8 deg gun dep)
  • Top turret + 88 = decent dpm + decent gun handling, low alpha dmg and 1450 hp, but no gun depression
  • Top turret + 105mm = low dpm, poorish gun handling, good alpha dmg and 1450 hp, but no gun depression...

You have either no gun dep + no alpha dmg, no gun dep + no dpm or gun dep + no alpha dmg and dpm...

Give the 105mm a serious dpm buff or 8 deg gun depression and its playable, atm is awefull, will try a few games next week, and otherwise free exp, i dont wanna miss on skoda before it gets nerfed....

29 minutes ago, GehakteMolen said:

This tank is awefull and my performance is absymal, worst tier 8 tank i played in a very long time, in terms of shitty-ness its as bad as say Caern or Cent mk1.

Give the 105mm a serious dpm buff or 8 deg gun depression and its playable, atm is awefull, will try a few games next week, and otherwise free exp, i dont wanna miss on skoda before it gets nerfed....

F.Y.I. the matchmaking status of this tank, like all the regular Czech line tanks found from tier 5 to 10, will be nerfed via the matchmaking weighting by +20% if the Test Server notes for Patch 9.14 stay the same.

If you seek a slightly easier module grind for any of the Czech regular line vehicle, from tier 5 to 10, I'd suggest doing some before Patch 9.14 arrives. 

2 minutes ago, Valan said:

F.Y.I. the matchmaking status of this tank, like all the regular Czech line tanks found from tier 5 to 10, will be nerfed via the matchmaking weighting by +20% if the Test Server notes for Patch 9.14 stay the same.

If you seek a slightly easier module grind for any of the Czech regular line vehicle, from tier 5 to 10, I'd suggest doing some before Patch 9.14 arrives. 

I will trow free exp at the tier 9 skoda, im not gonna play a tank solely based on its gun without said gun (stock AMX-120 grind was enough suffering in that regard)

They should give -8deg for top turret +8.8 and it would be decent enough i think. 

For the MM weight I don't get why they do +20% on TVP and T-34/100 they are far from being anything good that people will stat pad in it. 

The only upside I see in this TVP is that the wn8 expectency is really low. I'm at 3100wn8 for 1669 dmg/game right now. You won't see that in an FCM. :)

48 minutes ago, DHP said:

The only upside I see in this TVP is that the wn8 expectency is really low. I'm at 3100wn8 for 1669 dmg/game right now. You won't see that in an FCM. :)

I'm at 2800 wn8 for 1742 DPG. Kills are hard to get with the 105's reload, I keep doing the work and some 240 alpha med snipes it away :(

Found the tank with 88 and top turret to be pretty decent, like a p88 with much better bloom and worse accuracy. Tank loves mid range snap shots, accuracy ruined a few winnable games, hitting things over 300m is a crapshoot. Managed 2k dpg in the 30 pub games I played but only 42% WR  solo so who knows really.

On 2/22/2016 at 10:29 PM, DHP said:

Can confirm, 2065 DPG = 4,311 WN8.

Then again, stock/8,8 master race. 

This tank is giving me cancer. you can't even chaisnipe with this tank because it has terrible camo and with 235 pen apcr and .37, its very hard to pen tanks from a distance. Thinking back, i'd rather play the t34/100 over it, it wasn't great, but it at least had a decent boomstick, and the pen meant i didnt have the waste credits on spamming gold, like i have to do here.

On 26/2/2016 at 11:53 PM, hayhay58c said:

This tank is giving me cancer. you can't even chaisnipe with this tank because it has terrible camo and with 235 pen apcr and .37, its very hard to pen tanks from a distance. Thinking back, i'd rather play the t34/100 over it, it wasn't great, but it at least had a decent boomstick, and the pen meant i didnt have the waste credits on spamming gold, like i have to do here.

I endend up liking this tank, are you playing it with 8.8 stock turret ? 

When I heard today was going to be x2 xp, I decided to grind out the final 100k XP of the TVP. Not because I wanted to, but because I knew that I'd hate life even more if I had to grind it without the event.

It didn't go too badly until the final stretch, where I got rolled by pubster IS-3s and IS-6s one too many times to bother saving my natural free xp. I think the most annoying part of the vehicle ended up being... the speed. Despite all the gun complaints I might have had, I kind of felt like this tank lacked the mobility that it really feels like it should.  The 50kp/h top speed and super sluggish traverse just eviscerate its mobility. It was annoying to be in a "fast" tank, see some IS-6s incoming, and then realize they'd be on me before I even got the damn thing turned around.

But it's over with, I guess. Now I have to look forward to grinding 100k free XP on a stock T50, because that'll certainly be more enjoyable!

T50 is everything amazing, @Rexxie. With the x2 I finished my *grind* on that tank with 113 battles at 3131 DPG and 67% WR... never could Ace it, much less get a first class, but WOW is that tank amazing! Glad you finished that grind, its turrible

14 hours ago, Rexxie said:

But it's over with, I guess. Now I have to look forward to grinding 100k free XP on a stock T50, because that'll certainly be more enjoyable!

Inb4 Rexxie does better with a stock T 50 than my fully upgraded one...

Researched the legendary Czech Turd yesterday. Im gonna buy this thing after (if) i get 2nd mark on Type 5 (the mascotism is real here). :serb: 

This thing seems to be "fun" and "enjoyable", although im not even scared anymore about it because Konstrukta turned out to be actually a pleasant surprise after all the hate it got.

So guys, I'm still undecided what gun/turret to use to make the best out of this. I won't free exp past it but grind it with the help of 100% exp combat reserves. Stock turret with the 8.8? How vital are the engines(as they dont transfer to any tanks)?

Should get it tomorrow or in 2 days, depends how much I play.

Honestly, its hard to recommend anything, because everyone seems to have different taste. Some use stock + 8.8 for depression, some top + 8.8 for DPM and HP, some even use top + 10.5 for more alpha (=less exposure helps on this tank) and because its slightly more unique/hipster option. Im also getting it in about few days and i will try all of those 3 options, but will probably end up using 10.5 as i like having alpha, had most fun with it on test server and im just mascotist :serb: 

As for engines, dunno, some think that they are not worth it.

Running the second 8.8 and stock turret now that I finally got it. had 7 games of nearly 2,5k dpg mostly T10 games and the 8th I totally potatoed and suicideded.  :serb:

Nonetheless, this tank isn't even that bad. I thought it would be worse but it seems like one of the better T8s(lets be real, most T8 meds are mediocre~trash as fuck). I will again use 100% consumables to grind this one.

Yeah, in the end its not even that bad, but just so lame to play. You don't get anything else than a decent gun and decent speed, and although that is really more than most T8 meds get it still doesn't provide that many options how to play it. I'm using upgraded turret, maybe I should try stock one to get at least that depression. Still about half way to go...going to be a long grind, they probably have nerfed T9 a few times already before I get it :) 

If the top turret had more than 380m VR, -8 depression like the stock, didn't lose its engine from frontal hits, the top 8.8 had a bit better APCR round, didnt turn like a driverless batchat, and had better camo than a MAUS, sure. It'd be playable

This tank is now throwing me pretty much only T10 games. I swear I had like 80% of my total 32 games being T10 and it fucking sucks dick. Now I remembered why I don't ever keep a regular T8 tank expect maybe for CWish. A tier I'd definitely not play willingly in randoms. T9+ is masterrace.

On 3/3/2016 at 9:51 PM, Siimcy said:

So guys, I'm still undecided what gun/turret to use to make the best out of this. I won't free exp past it but grind it with the help of 100% exp combat reserves. Stock turret with the 8.8? How vital are the engines(as they dont transfer to any tanks)?

You obviously picked correctly. Stock turret/best 8,8 master race.

On 3/3/2016 at 10:16 PM, leggasiini said:

Honestly, its hard to recommend anything, because everyone seems to have different taste. Some use stock + 8.8 for depression, some top + 8.8 for DPM and HP, some even use top + 10.5 for more alpha (=less exposure helps on this tank) and because its slightly more unique/hipster option. Im also getting it in about few days and i will try all of those 3 options, but will probably end up using 10.5 as i like having alpha, had most fun with it on test server and im just mascotist :serb: 

As for engines, dunno, some think that they are not worth it.

There is only 1 right answer - stock turret/best 8,8. The view range/HP buff from top turret is negligible compared to an extra 2 degrees of gun depression. The gun handling is virtually the same between the two turrets (decent, unlike what a lot of people say), and the 10.5 does not have a reduced exposure time due to its bullshit aiming/gun handling stats. The only reason people use a different combo is either variety (e.g. @Rexxie) or dumbassery/fixation on having 10m extra view range and slightly more HP.

I think a lot of people don't play tier 8 tanks or run Pershing in full gold, but there is nothing wrong with the VTU. It has nice gun dep with stock turret, decent gun handling (try a fucking CDC if you think VTU is bad), good speed, decent camo (yes, get a camo crew if you think the camo is bad - more than fine at tier 8, especially if against same tier or below on an open map) and nice DPM. As @Siimcy said before and I have said in a different thread - all non-pref tier 8 meds are dogshit anyway. The VTU is no worse (and is in many cases better) than the other tier 8 meds.

12 hours ago, Snoregasm2 said:

You obviously picked correctly. Stock turret/best 8,8 master race.

There is only 1 right answer - stock turret/best 8,8. The view range/HP buff from top turret is negligible compared to an extra 2 degrees of gun depression. The gun handling is virtually the same between the two turrets (decent, unlike what a lot of people say), and the 10.5 does not have a reduced exposure time due to its bullshit aiming/gun handling stats. The only reason people use a different combo is either variety (e.g. @Rexxie) or dumbassery/fixation on having 10m extra view range and slightly more HP.

I think a lot of people don't play tier 8 tanks or run Pershing in full gold, but there is nothing wrong with the VTU. It has nice gun dep with stock turret, decent gun handling (try a fucking CDC if you think VTU is bad), good speed, decent camo (yes, get a camo crew if you think the camo is bad - more than fine at tier 8, especially if against same tier or below on an open map) and nice DPM. As @Siimcy said before and I have said in a different thread - all non-pref tier 8 meds are dogshit anyway. The VTU is no worse (and is in many cases better) than the other tier 8 meds.

Exactly. I feel the same way.

VTU in a nutshell:

• Not a keeper, like 90% of all T8 meds
  • Kills the fun because MM will literally throw you more T10s games than you'll see T10s in your T10s :serb:
  • It's NOT trash, lets be real here, most of the T8 meds are fucking garbage anyways
  • It's a credit sink for minimal increase of gold round penetration(aka bad gold round and ~200ish pen isn't good enough with the MM it gets all the time, at least for me)
  • has great gun handling for a T8
  • has no armor whatsoever
  • module damage(rip ammorack/engine)
  • can't bully lower tiers as hard because it is pretty much made out of wet tissues
  • stock turret + top 8.8 masterrace

You could say it's mediocre-pretty good for a T8 med but I think there are way shittier T8s. The grind is bearable with 100% exp consumables for 2 hours so it's going quite fast. 40ish games in it and already at 90k exp and it would be more if I could of skipped some modules but I really didn't expect the top 8.8.

Edit:

This is my third or fourth ace with this tank now.

tiizIYw.jpg

Toon mate accidentally started with the 13 90 so I was put against those players, not a single non scout T8 was in that game. Ez ace and top dmg. :doge:

So, yesterday I decided to finish this and grinded last ~60k in one go. With personal reserves was not even that bad, and actually started to like it a bit. Took about 25 randoms and a few SH games I think. Also had a really nice MM, only few T10 games and a lot of T8 games so better luck than Siimcy had :) But yeah, VTU sold and not going to miss it. If top turret would get similar depression to stock one and a bit better APCR pen then it would be actually pretty nice. Or at least better AP pen, I used quite a lot of APCR...those IS-3's, totally balanced for T8 yes? :) Didn't bother with food, but I don't think it burnt even once so probably could do it easily. And switched back to stock turret a few days ago already, losing that depression is just too limiting for this kind of tank.

2 hours ago, HS5 said:

So, yesterday I decided to finish this and grinded last ~60k in one go. With personal reserves was not even that bad, and actually started to like it a bit. Took about 25 randoms and a few SH games I think. Also had a really nice MM, only few T10 games and a lot of T8 games so better luck than Siimcy had :) But yeah, VTU sold and not going to miss it. If top turret would get similar depression to stock one and a bit better APCR pen then it would be actually pretty nice. Or at least better AP pen, I used quite a lot of APCR...those IS-3's, totally balanced for T8 yes? :) Didn't bother with food, but I don't think it burnt even once so probably could do it easily. And switched back to stock turret a few days ago already, losing that depression is just too limiting for this kind of tank.

Printed some nice Wn8 but also rekt my credits. Luckily I don't have those problems even with the stock T50 that I've played yesterday despite running food.