Duckwah

Skoda T24

So has anyone here been playing the Tier 5 Skoda? 

I had intended to free XP to the tier 6 but due to some overzealous buying of modules for a T54 I ended up with just enough to elite the T24.

I haven't played T5 mediums in a while (and I have very little experience in the other T5 meds to compare it to) and remember the matches being pretty retarded but I have to say I am enjoying this little tank.

Mobility seems to be really good, it hits 50-53kph quickly and turns nicely.  A few matches on tundra and I was able to get to the hill early on without getting lit/shot and proceeded to pick away at enemies trying to come up the other side and make their life difficult.

Top tier the damage output is ok if not spectacular, bottom tier it struggles and you have to avoid getting derped by the KV2s and Jap heavies.

Top tier the armour can give you some bounces but is nothing to rely on and of course the tank has a high profile and cancerous cupola that sticks out above cover.

The only thing that really hurts on this tank though is the aim time.  If you've been moving and then need to shoot something at distance it feels like you wait forever to take shots.

For god sake, save enough free XP to get all modules. Its one of the most laughably unplayable tanks with stock gun + turret. Seriously, you have worse gun handling than IS, accuracy and aiming time of KV-1, meh pen (even gold), and worst of all, 110 alpha with whopping 7 second reload. DPM of 1k... You know something is wrong when you want to avoid close-range fight against low HP (even sub-150) heavies or even T-34...

That being said, now have all modules by myself. Its okay tank, gun sucks (pen is nice on elite gun tho) but great depression and its FAST. Armor isnt that paper since its atleast enough to avoid getting oneshotted by 105/122mm howitzers frontally and being usable against low tiers, but obviously it isnt still that good. Think T-34 with 76mm that has -10 degree depression and moves like Cromwell. 

Yea, I don't understand why the dpm is so damn low. Very underwhelming tank elite but utter shit stock. Tier 6 is much the same but better when elite. Stock its so bad especially when you get in a tier 8 battle and might as well go afk as you can do next to nothing. Once elite its still painful as bottom tier but at least you can move around and get some flanking damage.

It's a real shame too because I actually enjoy driving this tank around a fair bit. I'd honestly rather give up some gun handling (its turret bloom is way lower than most other tier5s except maybe G1 with 75mm gun) just for another round per minute or two.

It moves better and has better gun handling and better pen than most tier5 mediums - at this point I'd prefer if it was as blind as a III/IV and not pay for all the perks solely through awful dpm.

It's meh. I free xped the last ~4k or so because I just couldn't take the terrible dpm, the fragility (I know it has no armor, but it has no HP, either), as well as the bloom. It took ages to settle (though it was pretty accurate when fully aimed). 

It's pretty nice, has fantastic mobility and gun depression and the top gun fully kitted out has a 4.5s reload with the best dispersion and on the move accuracy of any 75/76mm i have used (on a tier 5 medium).

Paper armor and trash VR really makes it hard to carry though. Kinda a mixed bag, can see it being great in toons but terrible solo.

Terrible dpm and poor gun handling, but especially the dpm, ruin it (panzer IV is the closest comparison, and has both better gun handling (slighlty better soft stats + slower = better) aswell as way better dpm 1720 vs 1300, its no comparison...)

People seem to be doing well in it so far ... got a Radley Walters and High Caliber, and still only a 1st class mastery badge. Although, being a new tank, combined with the Czech this Out mission, the requirements might be a bit skewed at the moment.

Edit: 2nd Radley Walters did the trick. The tank is better if you can abuse its gun depression and somewhat low profile. Aside from the bad DPM, the tank is comfortable. Still, glad to be done with the grind.

http://replays.quickybaby.com/result.php?id=181550

Stock is bad but it took only 10 games from me to unlock track, top gun and turret. It's very fast , quite comfortable here. However I agree all you guys said about the gun, it made me hate it once fire fight started. Depression is great but aim too slow. DPM is horrible. In one game nearly got me killed by a M3 Lee if not because someone else shoot him dead for me.

Top engine will be unlocked together once you unlock the T6, so don't waste exp here.

While its true that the top engine is the stock engine on the T 25, the engine gives a large boost to your acceleration and hull traverse, and makes the 27,000 exp grind much, much easier IMO. I didn't bother with the radios, though, since the T 25 is a more enjoyable tank and I unlocked them with that instead.

As for the gun handling, its only bad because of bad crews. It actually has the best gun handling of all the tier 5 mediums, along with the Germans. The stats are nearly identical. If the tank had a decent crew, the handling and depression combined with the best penetration and shell velocity of tier 5 meds means that the T 24 will successfully connect more of the shots it fires than the rest. This doesn't make up for the terrible DPM, but this tank has a lot of little things going for it.

I take everything back about this tank.

Figured out how to play it.

- ABSOLUTELY, NO ARMOR.

- Gun is punchy, gold shell is really nice.

- Gun is pretty accurate, and can take snap shots.

- It's FASSSSST.

- Gun depression isn't bad.

Basically, the gun is it's redeeming points. You have to play it as if it has no armor and pop in and out for shots.

Fully upgraded it, and 2nd game? 3rd game? and got the mastery badge on it! 11k wn8, 2.2k dmg, and 5 kills.

Should have killed em all, but I got cocky, and the limited vision got me killed.

Edited by Matross

I changed from a setup for a medium to the same setup that I have in the T67 and play the tank similar.

Rammer, Binocs, Camonet. Not elegant. But probably better than to die again and again.

9 hours ago, gingxxx said:

I changed from a setup for a medium to the same setup that I have in the T67 and play the tank similar.

Rammer, Binocs, Camonet. Not elegant. But probably better than to die again and again.

Wow, ging is back!  Long time no see.  We have to toon again.  :disco:

11 hours ago, gingxxx said:

Good to see you again! Just finished the grind with bad stats and sold it without regret.

Man you are a BLUE now! Congratulation!

Thanks, it'll be a while before I'm really a blue. 

You're going to enjoy the T 25.  It's a great tier 6 tank and a keeper. 

Fuck this tank.

52 games, 40% WR (solo/pug platoons for missions), 675 DPG...

Shit alpha, shit armor, shit view range.  I can't carry these fucking teams.  Great WN8 farmer, though!

3 games, 0% WR, 4,484 WN8, 1,004 DPG today alone.

Yea, its shit. Shit armor + gun makes it automatically shit tank, no matter what the mobility is. Despite that i might rebuy it for possible 3 marks, and for T-44-100 kills if i finish damage alot before kills on 113.

57% Winrate and two Radley Walters after 51 games. Honestly, I think I just got lucky with the teams. I think before I wanted to chalk it up to being good, or figuring out how to play the tank right, but the more I look at the stats of the thing, and the response of other players to the tank, I'm more and more convinced I just got lucky on this tank.

I don't think it's really that bad. The DPM is appalling but it's fast, the pen's TD level, and it has a small turret with 10 depression for good minimizing of exposure. It plays the long range relocation sniping role pretty well, which can still win games at tier 5. You just have to always make sure you're not getting into situations where the crippling DPM will doom you.

1 hour ago, Jesse_the_Scout said:

I don't think it's really that bad. The DPM is appalling but it's fast, the pen's TD level, and it has a small turret with 10 depression for good minimizing of exposure. It plays the long range relocation sniping role pretty well, which can still win games at tier 5. You just have to always make sure you're not getting into situations where the crippling DPM will doom you.

I've found it difficult to do with Widepark/teams that don't light shit.

Though, I'm pro'ly just a shitter.

21 hours ago, Caomhanach said:

57% Winrate and two Radley Walters after 51 games. Honestly, I think I just got lucky with the teams. I think before I wanted to chalk it up to being good, or figuring out how to play the tank right, but the more I look at the stats of the thing, and the response of other players to the tank, I'm more and more convinced I just got lucky on this tank.

Good mediums at tier like T-34 can do 65% non platooned, in a dream, with bad crew. 57% is good for T 24.

21 hours ago, Jesse_the_Scout said:

It is not horrible, but not even close to good. Silver penetration is better than most same tier tanks, but 0.38 fuck you over. 112 AP from 57 mm might be a lot lower, but 0.34 evens out that, and gold is just better.

This tank plays like a bad M4 with M1A1, but -20 view range, 2 deg less gun dep, armor is worse, dpm is even worse, etc.