Sillabaa

15th Anniversary Light tank comp

Just saw this on the calendar so it looks like lights will be next(and mediums last :()

http://worldoftanks.asia/en/content/docs/events/

this one will involve the lowest tiers so the professional clubbers will be out in force once the announcement goes out.

I think I'll buy back my T71, anyone else going to rebuy a specific tank to try for some free gold?

I actually made an effort with this TD marathon but it gets kinda tiring so I'll probably not make much effort for the Light tank one.  I do have some of the better ones, but the high scores are going to be REALLY high for any of the higher tier LTs.  So I'll probably just play what I have normally and if I get that lucky game so be it.

Although I may pick up the T21 since most people seem to be awful at it and I've had some pretty decent scores in it in the past.

I mothballed my 13 90 to move the crew to the Bat. I could maybe use my training BDR crew to bring that one back, and I do like that tank. Its just that outside of tier limited stuff (champs, down tiered CW, tournaments) everything the 13 90 can do the BatChat can do better. 

I have a T71 crewed, but was going to move the crew to the M18 or M26 eventually. LTs are fun, but their MM really dampens the fun. 

The WZ-132 is a keeper however. 

Expect pretty boss experience values for the LTs though, because the damage they do to 2,3,4 and 5 tier higher tanks really gets an XP curve. 

As usual though, these contests give me minimal lulz. I break 2k all the time, but pushing into the 1500+ raw only really happens regularly on the T69 for me (broken tank ftw)

Had a 1577 base xp game in my T71 the other day. I always have the worst timing for these events - had a 1.9k base xp game on my T29 the day after the Heavy Marathon ended...gah. But yeah, T71 and ELC for me - mad goaldz will be mine! $_$

My best chance would be in the AMX 40.

Closest thing to a heavy.

I'm going to try the H35, which is light that really should be a heavy.

Maybe 38t again with its insane gold pen.

Chi-Ha might be worth a shot.

Maybe Valentine. DPM might be an XP killer, though.

BT-2 is good.

T-60/70/80 don't look bad.

It might be a good day to play tier 8 heavies, with all the tier 4 scout lights out to play.

I'm waiting to see what insane Chaffee XP.

And tier 1s will be farmed.

I wonder how much gold I can bring down with the LT's...

I'll just have to go break 2.5k base xp again on the chaffee. Shouldn't take THAT many tries, right?

I'll just have to go break 2.5k base xp again on the chaffee. Shouldn't take THAT many tries, right?

Yeah, Chaffee scores should be insanely high.  I wish I were more consistent with it - I've only broken 2k base XP twice so far.  I've done quite a few in the 1600-1800 base range, but I'm not sure that would even be enough.

You will get no golds.... format will change to be whatever you didn't submit.

I wish they would measure average exp over x number of games instead of just highest exp. It would cut out the stupid games where you end up with 29 newbies and your team just melts in the first minutes and then you get to pick out 15 enemy tanks that have no idea what to do. Average exp would also make cheating a bit harder. And of course it would measure skill more than luck.

I wish they would measure average exp over x number of games instead of just highest exp. It would cut out the stupid games where you end up with 29 newbies and your team just melts in the first minutes and then you get to pick out 15 enemy tanks that have no idea what to do. Average exp would also make cheating a bit harder. And of course it would measure skill more than luck.

Average xp is too easy to pad with platoons... so solo players would be completely screwed out of any chance at winning the competition. Essentially, it would come down to whichever platoon had a longer streak of luck rather than just one lucky game. It would also be less accessible to the the masses, which is the opposite of what you want in a FTP game.

So long as WG keeps the numbers of winners high, at around 50 like they have been, then there is still plenty of room for skill to play a part. Sure, the top game is going to be a matter of luck, but if you paly that particular tank well, and numerous times, then it is just a matter of patience to get in the top 50.