TheMarine0341

T-34/100: All the 'Meh'

TVP is better than 34/100 in pure winning power. I managed quite decent WR in it, in 34/100 much less. Speed, gun handling and depression gives you a power to decide one in 10 matches, and help your team in 2-3 more a bit. 34/100 is worse, so cheer up. Even with 100 mm i felt better in TVP. 

8 hours ago, Felicius said:

TVP is better than 34/100 in pure winning power. I managed quite decent WR in it, in 34/100 much less. Speed, gun handling and depression gives you a power to decide one in 10 matches, and help your team in 2-3 more a bit. 34/100 is worse, so cheer up. Even with 100 mm i felt better in TVP. 

Yeah that's what I assumed. The 34/100 is so hard to hit anything. 

TVP is also pretty bad, but at least you have the speed to cap sometimes against overwhelming odds. even 20% win chance means pubbies are mostly stupid, just yours are even more braindead.

You have less penn, but ammo choice is more clear - gold is always better than AP, heat trolls you sometimes. However, tier 7 can gold punch IS-3s, while tier 8 can only dream of killing tier 9 heavies frontally. Even some tier 8s gives you cramps.

On 10.05.2016 at 1:47 PM, Felicius said:

TVP is also pretty bad, but at least you have the speed to cap sometimes against overwhelming odds. even 20% win chance means pubbies are mostly stupid, just yours are even more braindead.

You have less penn, but ammo choice is more clear - gold is always better than AP, heat trolls you sometimes. However, tier 7 can gold punch IS-3s, while tier 8 can only dream of killing tier 9 heavies frontally. Even some tier 8s gives you cramps.

Yeah but trier 8 can get to the sides of enemy tanks. Trier 7 is so slow it can't get to the side of a rock.

I'm only 8 matches into the 34/100 and its nearly unbearable. the gun handling is so bad. theres no armor, theres no speed for any flanking. why... 

Use more HEAT for what you can not penn frontally.. Do not flank, ever.

Prey only on slow lumbering heavies - the bigger, derpier and blinder, better. They are the least likely to return fire. Your gun acc and handling is good comparing to them, while meds and tds outclass you. Think of your ideal opponent as KV-3/4/O-Ni/O-Ho. Big targets, paper against skill ammo. Cromwell can eat you alive close quarters. 

Use reload timers. Pop out only when they fire. Be 2nd line in tier 7, 3rd in tier 8-9. Always the last tank alive besides arty. Use binos to rack assist dmg exp - and grind this faster. rammer and EGLD rest.

Platoon with heavy tanks only, you are a burden to med platoon, and can not spot for tds. Racking dmg when you have someone to tank shots is easy.

I used to hate this tank so much, but that was because I was a masochist who enjoyed endured stock grinds to get up to the 100mm gun

I'm not going to say its a good tank. It's a tier 7 medium tank, and like all other tier 7 medium tanks will feel underwhelming because it faces tier 8s and the occasional tier 9s. it will have to deal with tanks that shoots and moves faster, or thicker armored

i've heard stories. stories of the distant past of WoT, back when the Soviet T-34-85 had the option of a 100mm gun, and gold rounds cost actual gold. this is probably the closest thing one can get to experience that.

the mobility isn't great, but it's not as terrible as people complain. the people who complain are those that try to throw this around like a Soviet hover med, and consider such tanks that cant do that as bad tanks. it has a decent top speed and will get going in a straight line. dont expect to be able to duck and weave with this. if you are retreating, run in a straight line, not serpentine

don't forget that the T-34/100 has one of the biggest medium tank guns of its tier, the same as the Chinese and just below the A-44 w/ its 107mm. the gun is decent, if you've invested enough time for a decent crew and are blessed with some patience, skill, and a pinch of RNGesus, the damage can rack up quickly enough. 

the closest i can compare this to is the Chinese T-34-1. they both can mount 100mm guns, but the T-34-1 does have worse gun stats such as RoF, aim time, accuracy. it trades this for being lower profile, and having a surprisingly tough and rounded turret

it is indeed a "meh" tank, but its not underpowered or unsuable. its just....bland in every respect other than the gun. it doesnt have the low profile of a T20 or T-34-1, its not laid back like the A-44, its not as OP as the Chi-Ri, it doesnt get "accurate" rapid fire guns like the Germans, and has neither armor like KV-13 or gun handling like the T-43

Jesus Christ! How are you purples getting 1500+ damage/game with this tank?!

I carried a game today and I think that was my max. You guys must really know where to park this tank.

On 5/21/2016 at 1:48 PM, Felicius said:

It is just 6 shots a game. Use more gold. Do not expose against loaded guns. Target biggest, derpiest, reloading enemies.

Yeah I did 'ok' with it. 1900 WN8 and a very lucky 70% win rate. 

I just earned enough experience to get the TVP VTU now I'm working on the credits. I'll probably play it to get my crew more experience and work on more skills/perks.  

current special on Asia server on the Czech tank line means i've played nothing else but the T-34/100, grinding it to unlock the TVP VTU (and getting the crew up to reach 2nd crew skill)

i'm liking this tank. maybe i'm weird that I like some other tier 7 medium tanks i've played with in the past, like the T-43, Comet, Chi-Ri (obviously OP) and T-34-1. it's mobile enough to work like a medium tank, and that 100mm gun is still workable, with a healthy smattering of HEAT can work against tougher tanks even.

it's a workable tank, it's not OP and that's alright as you can't expect tier 7 medium tanks to be with the kind of matchmaking you'd get, but played right it can be rewarding. i don't groan as much when facing bigger tanks, as i've more or less accepted the alternative mindset where, rather than "oh shit tier IXs, welp time to get killed", mostly I think "oh look tier IXs, more XP and credits if I can hit them!"

So, hmm, take a T-34-1, give it a bit better fire control, but to compensate, keep the gun depression and, instead of 170mm Maonium  bowl turret, give it a 80mm tier VI turret with a big cupola. Ditto, put a tier VI hull with 45mm of armour instead of a smaller hull with 60mm of better sloped armour. Giving it an overall way taller (and horribly less armoured) profile, which leads to worse camo, but somehow same view range. And take 4 rounds off the already rather lowish T-34-1 ammocount.

Oh, and this thing takes more critical damage than an A-44.

Trying to 3-mark this won't be pleasant, I reckon.

I liked it :feelsbad:

Even with a bad start I managed to finish the grind with ~1900DPG and 68% mostly solo. I'd 3 mark it if I continued but meh I don't give 2 shits about MoE.

23 minutes ago, kariverson said:

Even with a bad start I managed to finish the grind with ~1900DPG and 68% mostly solo

Daaaaamn.

Sure am not taking that route sor far :feelsbad:

Dunno, maybe I should tone down my aggressiveness in this tank. As I should in others.

6 minutes ago, Sidus_Preclarum said:

Daaaaamn.

Sure am not taking that route sor far :feelsbad:

Dunno, maybe I should tone down my aggressiveness in this tank. As I should in others.

Yeah my aggressiveness and delusion that I could rely on pubbies sometimes cost me hard also. DPM is really good at 7 secs reload. You can even brawl with it a bit.

On 2016/7/18 at 4:33 PM, Sidus_Preclarum said:

-So, hmm, take a T-34-1, give it a bit better fire control, but to compensate, keep the gun depression and,

-instead of 170mm Maonium  bowl turret, give it a 80mm tier VI turret with a big cupola.

-Ditto, put a tier VI hull with 45mm of armour instead of a smaller hull with 60mm of better sloped armour. Giving it an overall way taller (and horribly less armoured) profile, which leads to worse camo, but somehow same view range.

-And take 4 rounds off the already rather lowish T-34-1 ammo count.

-Oh, and this thing takes more critical damage than an A-44.

Trying to 3-mark this won't be pleasant, I reckon.

-the better gun handling of the 100mm gun on the Czech tank means I can brawl better and even mid-range snipe if i have to, whereas the T-34-1 has to either get really close or ambush someone to do damage because of Mao gun handling

-I find the T-34-1 turret armor isn't the most reliable, it's just trollish for both sender and recepient. and who snipes the cupola on a T-34/100 at any range?

-and we're talking tier 7 medium tanks anyways. able to face tier 9 tanks. armor is kind of moot (though because its based on Russian design, it can still get those ridic bounces)

-load more HEAT skill! :D (I load 20/8/2, as opposed to 25/9/0 in the T-34-1)

-haven't noticed this as much

Finished this one last night with about 1500~ avg damage or so. Not great, but certainly not bad. I had 18/10/2 for ammo, and often found myself almost out. I rather liked it overall. Reasonably mobile, decent gun. Can brawl semi decently if you time reloads well, and the alpha can surprise some people. Liked this one way more than the comet everyone and their dog praises.

Hm, a bit more heat is better. Very low ammo capacity and great heat for tier, along with meh HE (bad on uncapping, if you can not penetrate with 250 heat, you can make 0 dmg easily) does not warrant any...or 1 at most. I run out a few times in hard carries (by vision kiting heavies).

AP pen is great, but more HEAT= more WR. If you shoot enemy IS-3s you are doing more for win than enemy CDCs.

already sold it and bought the VTU. wouldnt mind rebuying it but would prefer the skoda t25 if i had to pick a keeper.

I am just here to say this tank is as the OP has said "MEH". No Speed, No Armor, No Gun Depression but the gun is kind of good.  If it could install VS it might have been half decent. As it is I can't wait to get out of the thing.

How does it compare to T-43? I ask because I did really well in that tank while most of the community doesn't seem to have a very good opinion of it.

Other than general shape, the T-43 and T-34/100 are polar opposites. DPM machine with good handling, decent armor, and solid gun depression but no pen vs alpha with no armor, pretty bad gun handling, no gun depression, but pretty good pen.

Finished grinding through it in 68 games with around 1300 DPG. It was suprisingly pleasant to play for me, somehow. Alpha and pen combination of 100mm at tier 7 is really fun (I wonder how nuts T-34/85 with 100mm at tier VI had to be back in the days when it had it) and after all the things I read about it I expected gun handling to be less bearable. If it had that one or two extra degree of depression I would propably consider keeping it.