Denizzje

M46 Patton KR

So, woke up and I saw this tank being for sale as the final tank in the advent calander. I thought screw it, going to give myself a christmas present. My impressions thus far:

+ 10 degrees gun depression

+ Reasonably good mobility

+ 90mm gun performs good in general

+ Very, very good credit earnings. Tank hp in damage = 50k+ profit on a win, 20k or so in a loss.

- Turret mantlet doesnt seem very strong

- Paper armour for the rest.

- Lots of crew losses

I am completly new to this playstyle, I am a Chinese heavy tank and light tank player, along with some TD's along. Thus I mishandle the tank completly I guess. But when I seem to be doing it right, it shows hints at being just a good tier 8 medium tank. Please dont look at my stats, as in addition of not being used to (American) medium tanks, I also seem to suffer new tank syndrome alot now.

I put my Sherman crew in it, and I am doing SS + Repairs as first skills, as a tracked near paper medium tank is a dead one. As equipment, I have rammer + Vstab right now, but the Vstab seems unnessecary because Patton tanks are quite good at firing on the move, I will replace with with GLD when I have printed enough cash to improve the 2.5s aiming time so I can aim and retreat faster when peaking over ridges, as the turret manlet doesnt seem that great in bouncing stuff. I suppose the third slot should be optics, as it wont hurt to have its 390m base view range buffed to over the 400 range.

What is the opinion of people who are actually competent in playing tanks about the tier 8 little brother of M46 Patton?

Bought it, I <3 US mediums.

Also, 90mm performs good in general? Gun handling is great :)

I would change it to great if it had a bit more accuracy in my opinion, but 0.38 is not bad ofcourse. ;)

Should I buy it? :doge:

I leave that open to answer for people who are actually not yellow potatos like me. :P

It has incredible gun handling for a tier8. 0.12 on tracks and 0.08 on turret is awesome. Of course, the actual guns on US tanks don't tend to have amazing final accuracy.

And as the original poster has observed, the mantlet is weak. It's 120mm at best, only the edges where it overlaps with turret armor are strong. Same as the stock Patton turret at tier9. The upgraded Pershing turret is much stronger at its weakest-non-overlapping sections.

I really want to like this tank but it just seems to be mediocre.

Super P. is more capable when it comes to winning games and more wins = more crew XP.

STA-2 is a more capable support premium with 10 deg of gun dep and HE resistant armour.

Bought it, I <3 US mediums.

Also, 90mm performs good in general? Gun handling is great :)

The bloom is excellent but aimtime PII levels of bad. I'd rather they released the Pz58 rather than this...which is more boring than the STA-2, at least to me.

You know, I might be tempted to actually do gift it to someone cause Christmas and all...

gift me and you earn 5500 gold - I'll pull out of 140 challenge and you can win

You know, I might be tempted to actually do gift it to someone cause Christmas and all...

:cri: the temptation to beg..:doge:

p.s.: it's basically a premium pershing right?

Why doesn't wg just go the war thunder route and just allow you to 'premiumise' a normal tank? 

They ages ago said they would implement that, but it got cancelled :P

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2013/08/05/official-russian-faq/

- developers considered the possibility to convert any tank into a premium tank, but it was decided not to do it, because such a feature could seriously break ingame economy, premium tanks should also have obvious flaws, which normal tanks don’t have

This was in 2013, the idea itself is much older, so WG thought about it for a long time, and decided no

polish flags and ``for stalin`` on all russian tanks?

And Israeli flags on every German tank!

----

From what I see KR is just Perhing with way better gun handling but without its magic turret. 

Gun seems quite nice indeed. Just the shell velocity looks to be kinda slowish from the video.

The bigger bundle is the one I have questions with, I can't seem to see what you actually get with it short of equipment?

It's just blank for me. It says "100% Crew Maj" and I can't view it any further, I'd like to know whether this a crew that's in the same manner as the Berlin crews, or even the female ones?

Otherwise I'll settle with just the tank. 

From the Bromwell advent calendar yesterday: " VI Cromwell B;; Trained Crew: 100% in Major Qualification + 100% in Brothers ... "

Translation: 100 % crew