Denizzje

M46 Patton KR

I put a ticket in to support to find out about the crew. Obviously if a normal crew then the package is not worth it, and you may as well buy it without the package.

If it has a Berlin style crew with the first perk BIA effectively free, and the second perk (and so on) costing the same experience as a normal first perk, then the tank is worth it from the special American crew.

Seems like a more "practical" version of STA-2 with armor that doesn't get autopenned by arty(76mm side armor!), turret that actually blocks something and APCR gold round.

I'm tempted to accept it in spirit of Christmas and all...

I swear I saw you in a M46 Patton KR today. But it must have been a different _cro then. :P

Prints money though. First game, first time over on the Overlord map. Bounced my first few shots (Jap high tier heavies are tough). Only did 900 damage and 1k spotting. 70k credits! That seems more than SP or Type!?

Prints money though. First game, first time over on the Overlord map. Bounced my first few shots (Jap high tier heavies are tough). Only did 900 damage and 1k spotting. 70k credits! That seems more than SP or Type!?

70k creds WTF?!

I swear I saw you in a M46 Patton KR today. But it must have been a different _cro then. :P

Wasn't me.

EDIT: Tho I'd like this muzzle brake more

M46.jpg

Bought it today and it's very good in my opinion

As said in the op the mantlet leaves something to be desired, but the tank is fast and agile and combined with the awesome depression it's so easy to flank, peak over hills and apply your damage.

Don't buy this if you want to go hull down behind a little hill and wait for people to ping off your turret, the mantlet is weak and not like the top turret on the pershing.

+ DPM

+Accuracy and bloom

+Manouverability

+Depression

+Prints credits, combined with cheap shells(4400 for APCR, but 250 for AP)

-Turret armor is not like the pershing

-Sort of slow AP shell

The bigger bundle is the one I have questions with, I can't seem to see what you actually get with it short of equipment?

It's just blank for me. It says "100% Crew Maj" and I can't view it any further, I'd like to know whether this a crew that's in the same manner as the Berlin crews, or even the female ones?

Otherwise I'll settle with just the tank. 

It's crap.

VIII M46 PATTON KR;BONUS TRAINED CREW: 100% MAJOR QUALIFICATION;1 GARAGE SLOT;1 MEDIUM-CALIBER TANK GUN RAMMER;1 VERTICAL STABILIZER MK 1;1 IMPROVED VENTILATION CLASS 2;GOLD: 3,375

No Berlin crew, equipment =|= worth, gold =|= worth. Get loose tank if you get it.

You know, I might be tempted to actually do gift it to someone cause Christmas and all...

How about to your favourite streamer?

:kwim:

They ages ago said they would implement that, but it got cancelled :P

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2013/08/05/official-russian-faq/

- developers considered the possibility to convert any tank into a premium tank, but it was decided not to do it, because such a feature could seriously break ingame economy, premium tanks should also have obvious flaws, which normal tanks don’t have

This was in 2013, the idea itself is much older, so WG thought about it for a long time, and decided no

In WT, this feature only affects XP earning on the vehicle, not Credit earning. I think that would work fine for WoT as well. But WG, so go figure.

In WT, this feature only affects XP earning on the vehicle, not Credit earning. I think that would work fine for WoT as well. But WG, so go figure.

Well AW has the battle hardened thing, basically half a premium (25% more exp and creds), dont know why WoT could not introduce something similar.

Well AW has the battle hardened thing, basically half a premium (25% more exp and creds), dont know why WoT could not introduce something similar.

My guess is to prevent xp glut, to slow player progression by capping xp gain. Otherwise players will grind faster than developers can create content, in this case tank lines to grind.

And besides WG makes quite a bit from getting people to convert normal exp to free exp, offering battlehardened option is directly against its commercial interests.

I bought this thing earlier today

Pros: the camo looks awesome, better ap (marginal) than pershing, faster than pershing, good for credits (ez 70k as mentioned), doesn't get penned by HE like cdc,

Cons: worse turret than pershing, worse apcr than pershing, slightly worse view range than pershing

overall I would recommend 

Has anyone played both this and an sta-2? I can't decide which to get and on paper the sta-2 is looking better, but I'm not sure how much the terrain resistances make up for the lower power to weight and a few other things you would only know by playing them :S

My guess is to prevent xp glut, to slow player progression by capping xp gain. Otherwise players will grind faster than developers can create content, in this case tank lines to grind.

And besides WG makes quite a bit from getting people to convert normal exp to free exp, offering battlehardened option is directly against its commercial interests.

None of those points are really valid, more like excuses WG makes.