Denizzje

M46 Patton KR

My guess is to prevent xp glut, to slow player progression by capping xp gain. Otherwise players will grind faster than developers can create content, in this case tank lines to grind.

And besides WG makes quite a bit from getting people to convert normal exp to free exp, offering battlehardened option is directly against its commercial interests.

Erm...actually the system lets WG double dip on Xp conversion. Once making people pay gold to increase XP earnings on tanks they actually want to play (I'd have dumped $60 in to my T30 2 years ago if it was an option), and again making them pay to convert all that increased vehicle XP in to free XP.

WG's economy model does not rely on XP deficit, it relies on currency deficit. AW's battle hardened model makes a ton of sense, arguably even more for WoT than AW. WG is just shit at abandoning the party line of "prems have to be worse than regular tanks because reasons". AW is shitty in some areas, but they are definitely a lot smarter about selling vehicles for real money. Premium versions identical to tech tree vehicles except with prem XP and credit earning? Make it rain. 

I'm currently torn; Should I get a KR for building American crews or a CDC/SP and a Skoda for the same price? (I already have a FCM - but no Murican prem)

E: Sigh, I caved in.

E2: I don't seem to be able to put camo paint on. Does the tiger skin provide a bonus?

This tank is absolutely amazing. I have a 4 skill crew in it and.play it with food. The mobility is good for a t8 med, speed is ok, turret armor can bounce a few shots but don't count on it. The combination of bloom, dpm and gun depression ist amazing, you are a snapshot king in this thing.

I love it!

Pol who already have it: anyone over 3k dpb yet?

Erm...actually the system lets WG double dip on Xp conversion. Once making people pay gold to increase XP earnings on tanks they actually want to play (I'd have dumped $60 in to my T30 2 years ago if it was an option), and again making them pay to convert all that increased vehicle XP in to free XP.

WG's economy model does not rely on XP deficit, it relies on currency deficit. AW's battle hardened model makes a ton of sense, arguably even more for WoT than AW. WG is just shit at abandoning the party line of "prems have to be worse than regular tanks because reasons". AW is shitty in some areas, but they are definitely a lot smarter about selling vehicles for real money. Premium versions identical to tech tree vehicles except with prem XP and credit earning? Make it rain. 

Depends, if you dont run prem consumables / spam full gold, you will never have a credit shortage, especially below tier 9, its exp which is the limiting factor.

if you spam gold / dont have premium accounts its obviously a credit limitation, but thats smart from WG. ``Free riders`` and gold spammers will have to grind credits, meaning for free riders an even longer grind (and thus more reason to buy prem account) while gold spammers will have to grind credits or shoot less gold.

People with premium account on the other hand dont have a credit problem, but they still cant overcome the exp gap, which means either play or convert exp (converting exp if you dont have premium account makes zero sense whatsoever btw)

Wg`s entire economy model is based on that gold buys you time, nothing more nothing less, shorter grind`s, no need to grind credits (and if you do, shorter grind). Converting normal tanks to prems thus offers very little, since i sure as hell wont be interested in more exp, why i need that? I wont convert exp, so its useless, i would only do it for more credits, and thats a problem.

1. Tier 9 and 10 cant be made premium, else people whine they want to buy those
  2. These Convert-prems (Cprem) can only be made prem after beiing elite, else the grind becomes to short
  3. These Cprem have to give more credits, since exp is worthless for most (?) people
  4. Premium account players already have a lot of credits, giving them acces to cheap premium tanks greatly inflates the amount of credits (and thus gold ammo)
  5. Most people will only convert their favorite tank, tanks they would play regardless, so WG doesnt gain extra ``play time``, if i like playing my IS3 and can make it a prem, i wont buy and play an IS6, its for WG better if i play 500 games IS3 and 200 IS6 as 500 IS3.

These extra premium tanks will only reduce the overall amount of time people play, giving them in the end more credits (its atm choosing between playing 4 fun (IS3) or grinding credits (IS6) if my IS3 is a prem, i can do both at the same time....

I guess the above (especially point 5) are the reason WG in the end scrapped it, people wont play more wot if they add this and the extra money gain is minimal. WG needs people to play as much as possible, if people play a long time they are less inclined to quit, more chance they talk to friends about wot, and more chance they meet people ingame and get hooked that way.

Thats also why WG pushes clan activity and platoons so much, people who play in clans / platoons are more inclined to keep playing (and paying) (confirmed by a dev once)

ps: in the past you could only make a platoon when you had premium account, later only a 2-man platoon, and nowadays a platoon for 3 i think? same you could only make tank company`s when you had premium account

OT: im on the edge of buying it, choices choices... :P

Looked in the premium shop,  it's not there.  Is the sale already over?

Shfty©

Hasn't been sold on NA at all yet.

Looked in the premium shop,  it's not there.  Is the sale already over?

Shfty©

I still see it there and it should be available for 6 more days.

Im also really considering buying this thing..... But... Its a tough one

Looks like end of month JAN or early FEB according to the Armored Patrol. They're running missions through the 22nd to earn M46 KR crew and also have a hunting event to win a chance at a free KR.

http://thearmoredpatrol.com/2015/12/25/new-year-on-na-leaked-pics/

I'd rather just buy it now.

Boo! Hiss! I just hopped online to see if I could buy myself a Christams present this morning.

320?cb=20140806123327

Is there some reason that WGNA wants to defer the revenue until next year?

http://imgur.com/a/vtwEW

I think this is why it isnt being sold on NA, and we will have the chance to no-life  for a  free one if the missions are doable. 

I will pass on whatever crackpot missions they come up with and just buy one at the end of that month. 1 hour of real work is better than 12 hours of grinding dumb mission goals.

Do you like the M46 Patton?

Do you like snap shotting for days?

Do you imagine what that might be like using a 90mm gun?

Well, we've got a M46 Patton KR here for you that does that.

It's fun.

Is there some reason that WGNA wants to defer the revenue until year?

Yeah I found that rather stupid. I mean it's very iconic tank, at least for NA server. Of all money grabs, this would be most logical one.

Creating more playtime on NA is AT LEAST as important as the money they might make.  Also doing it this ways creates more buzz for the players that are clueless.

Also if they use tokens like last year I expect they will get a lot more money from people that would never have bought it but play the first 20% or 50% and then give in and buy it.

also because they have put out a lot of new tanks recently, let people buy those for Christmas, then put out the moneymaker later to get them to make a second buy they wouldn't otherwise make.

as for "wg is dead" I think financially they are still very alive as evidenced by all this

I will pass on whatever crackpot missions they come up with and just buy one at the end of that month. 1 hour of real work is better than 12 hours of grinding dumb mission goals.

Said every working man ever.

End Jan or early Feb?! Can't wait! I can't wait for this tank. Sentimental (for me) and historical =)

yIIuQea.jpg

Starting to really like it now. 100k profit with 3.5k damage. I wonder how close i was to ace tanker. Getting the hang of using the awesome gun depression now, though I still wish the mantlet was stronger.

Dont laugh at my T-34-3 stats plox.

Played 10 battles in it so far, I like it. It is Pershing with far weaker mantlet and slightly more sluggish with really great bloom. Makes good credits, I averaged 59.500 credits per battle over the first ten games with premium account. Seems to make alot even in completely mediocre games but doesn't get as crazy as some other tanks in better games. The worst profit I had was 48k, the best was 99k.

Also the amount of 44% to 47% retards running around at the moment is insane. Had one battle where not a single tank of the enemy team came to the north on Airfield, got all bogged down in the south and shot to shit from all sides. :retard:

Played 10 battles in it so far, I like it. It is Pershing with far weaker mantlet and slightly more sluggish with really great bloom. Makes good credits, I averaged 59.500 credits per battle over the first ten games with premium account. Seems to make alot even in completely mediocre games but doesn't get as crazy as some other tanks in better games. The worst profit I had was 48k, the best was 99k.

Also the amount of 44% to 47% retards running around at the moment is insane. Had one battle where not a single tank of the enemy team came to the north on Airfield, got all bogged down in the south and shot to shit from all sides. :retard:

Yeah, it makes money almost like a JT88. 50k credits for loading into battle and for not being afk. 2k DPG nets you like 60k a game which is pretty much what JT88 gives with same DPG. The AP is so cheap at 252 credits per shot that it doesn't eat off profit for misses and bounces unlike IS-6 with AP, which is literally 4 times as expensive (1025 credits) for doing only 63% more damage per shot. My best game profit wise was a 3600 damage with 17/18 shots penned/fired, earning me 100k. Though those tier 9 games where you need to sprem are gonna level it out a bit but so far I haven't had to resort to APCR too much.

edit: nevermind that, I'm retarded. For some reason I thought it didn't see tier ten since I have yet to get into such a game during the 5 I have played so far. :facepalm: You're in fact going to be needing a lot of APCR once that happens, naturally.

Same gun as the Pershing, right?  I would think that could force a lot of APCR use on quite a few maps, especially in BT10...

Same gun as the Pershing, right?  I would think that could force a lot of APCR use on quite a few maps, especially in BT10...

not quite, 192 ap pen, but about 20 worse apcr pen sadly

Also the amount of 44% to 47% retards running around at the moment is insane.

Thank goodness that I will stay away from this game till new year, these idiots always get me raging when everyone dies 1 minute into battle..

I've made my first mistake when I started to focus on this game seriously... when you stay a 300 wn8 40% siema pl life is easier in your conqueror gc.. or not?:doge: