allenmark00

How do I IS-3?

<-plays the fv304 in tier 10 games

Oh.  Lol.  Does it still manage to find weak engine decks?

So how viable is D-25T APCR spam against an tier 9 or 10 heavy? And why is there an noticiable difficulty gap between tier 7 and 8?

It can work.  To be honest, I had my IS-2 in a BT9 match on Himmelsdorf and managed to get top XP and damage without even using a single APCR round.  217 APCR pen won't be that great unless you get side shots against most Tier 9/10'tanks, though.  Play it like an IS and focus on your positioning; this is a good practice for most bottom tier heavies anyway.  The IS gun still has good alpha if you do manage to pen.

I'm not sure there's a huge difficulty gap between 7 and 8, though; remember that the biggest HP gap in the game by far is between Tiers 6 and 7.

So how viable is D-25T APCR spam against an tier 9 or 10 heavy? And why is there an noticiable difficulty gap between tier 7 and 8?

you might as well go make WG richer by buying the IS-6 if you want to play a gun like the D-25T and spam sprem, and in the process being called a noob wallet warrior by the rest of your team with your display of leet tanking

I'm so used to the IS-1's mobility that it's at the point that where I can't keep up with my team in the IS-3 with my 91% crew, upgraded engine, and stock tracks. Realizing that I can't brawl going 20ish km/h, I second line snipe or just AFK since I have no way to engage when I'm bottom tier. On the plus side, the 25T is good for mauling tier 8s and the hull armor can bounce their shells. But I'm blind on my own and it's basically dead weight at Tier X. Now I know why this tank is so easy to kill.

Technically you're using an IS-2 with the 122mm D-25T gun, unless you are masochist and enjoy playing IS-1 with an 85mm gun, then good luck with that.

Also, the IS-3 can and will go faster than an IS. You just have to be patient and grind the IS-3 to its full potential. 

You may want to step back and grind up a decent crew with at least 1 skill/perk trained (6sense and repairs for rest of crew) before moving them to the IS-3. At tier 8 and up you must and have to have a trained and skilled crew, since they can make a big difference

You do not, ever, under almost any circumstance, snipe in any tank that has IS in its name. 

At your tier you brawl, you pick apart tanks at your tier or below. You keep your front pointed directly at the enemy as you close in and wiggle the hull when you see them aiming at your groin to deny a shot at your LFP. Do not sit like a dumbass in the open while you reload or allow a medium tank to get close and run rings around your tank.

In higher tier battles you should be more cautious, but you still do not snipe. Stay close to your higher tier heavy tanks and provide invaluable support in the form of 390 alpha dmg. Your role is to take on the other tier 8 tanks on the enemy team so that the tier 9 and 10 tanks on your team can concentrated on other things (like other tier 9-10 tanks)

Oh.  Lol.  Does it still manage to find weak engine decks?

It can work.  To be honest, I had my IS-2 in a BT9 match on Himmelsdorf and managed to get top XP and damage without even using a single APCR round.  217 APCR pen won't be that great unless you get side shots against most Tier 9/10'tanks, though.  Play it like an IS and focus on your positioning; this is a good practice for most bottom tier heavies anyway.  The IS gun still has good alpha if you do manage to pen.

I'm not sure there's a huge difficulty gap between 7 and 8, though; remember that the biggest HP gap in the game by far is between Tiers 6 and 7.

More often an exception than the rule. The IS is still a decent tank and played smartly can still contribute even in tier 9 games

IS and IS-3 still play similarly (brawl, peek-a-boom), but the IS-3's unique pike armor and side spaced armor layout means you can be even more aggressive than before

And why is there an noticiable difficulty gap between tier 7 and 8?

That is a good question for the devs.  they have made the power gaps between the tanks way too high. If the power gaps between two tiers was about the current 1 tier gap, the game would play much nicer from tier to tier.

That is a good question for the devs.  they have made the power gaps between the tanks way too high. If the power gaps between two tiers was about the current 1 tier gap, the game would play much nicer from tier to tier.

Is the 2-tier gap between tiers 7 and 8, specifically, that wide, though?

Yes, it's true that t8 meds tend to have close to the same dpm as t7 meds, as an example. What makes things worse is that t8 meds can't make as much use of camo as t7 meds can, due to the higher view range of tanks at high tiers.

I think the issue is more about good players with good crews sticking to t10. Shooting distracted E5s and E100s in the sides or the lower plate with an IS-3 is very effective. However, newbie IS-3 players tend to get slaughtered by experienced E5s who know how to maneuver, and E 100s who know how to angle.

At t7, the IS is in trouble fighting either a semi-competent ST-I or a T-54 frontally. The IS's saving grace is that many ST-I players let themselves get flanked, and many T-54s don't hull-down or abuse spotting mechanics or mobility properly.

I'm so used to the IS-1's mobility that it's at the point that where I can't keep up with my team in the IS-3 with my 91% crew, upgraded engine, and stock tracks. Realizing that I can't brawl going 20ish km/h, I second line snipe or just AFK since I have no way to engage when I'm bottom tier. On the plus side, the 25T is good for mauling tier 8s and the hull armor can bounce their shells. But I'm blind on my own and it's basically dead weight at Tier X. Now I know why this tank is so easy to kill.

Please post a replay. I'd like to see how you play your heavies.

Do you have premium? 

You are only truly dead weight when you snipe in a tier 10 game because you aren't gonna damage 90% of things, or AFK in which you are better off on the enemy team. The least you can do is be a meatshield for the best player on your team and soak a clip from a 50B or something. Your attitude is dead weight.

IS-3 easy to kill? In a tier 10 heavy game, yes. But I would say you simply are not using the already easy to use armor. It is preangled for scrubs who don't know how to angle, the spaced side armor can save scrubs who expose their side. It is the best tier 8 heavy to sit in the mid of a open field, do jack all and survive a long period because that is how ridiculous its armor can be.

Is the 2-tier gap between tiers 7 and 8, specifically, that wide, though?

Yes, it's true that t8 meds tend to have close to the same dpm as t7 meds, as an example. What makes things worse is that t8 meds can't make as much use of camo as t7 meds can, due to the higher view range of tanks at high tiers.

I think the issue is more about good players with good crews sticking to t10. Shooting distracted E5s and E100s in the sides or the lower plate with an IS-3 is very effective. However, newbie IS-3 players tend to get slaughtered by experienced E5s who know how to maneuver, and E 100s who know how to angle.

At t7, the IS is in trouble fighting either a semi-competent ST-I or a T-54 frontally. The IS's saving grace is that many ST-I players let themselves get flanked, and many T-54s don't hull-down or abuse spotting mechanics or mobility properly.

7-8 isn't the worst gap in the game.  But 6-8 is too big, and 7-9 is too big.  That may say more about 6-7 and 8-9 than 7-8 though.  

And let's not ignore the ridiculousness that is 3-5 and 4-6.  Because it is totally reasonable for medium tanks to have 116% more hitpoints than other medium tanks in the same match.

For instance, you could go back to the KV-1 (or KV-1s), train a crew to just past the first complete skill.  First skill would be 6th and repairs.  Then, start training the second skill WITHOUT selecting what the skill will be.  This "free" crew xp will filter down to the primary qualification when you retrain them to the IS-3, and you can have a solid crew without spending gold.  Be sure to start training repairs on the commander after you swap him over.

10k battles, and I had no idea you could do this. This would've saved me so much gold.........

10k battles, and I had no idea you could do this. This would've saved me so much gold.........

WG is bad at making things intuitive.

retraining crews from one heavy tank to another ( or light to another light etc. ) only loses u 10% from the major qualification
afaik thats about 30-35kish xp aka a few battles, wasting gold for that is retarded (if u don't shit gold and convert it to credits anyway).

retraining crews from one heavy tank to another ( or light to another light etc. ) only loses u 10% from the major qualification
afaik that's about 30-35kish xp aka a few battles, wasting gold for that is retarded (if u don't shit gold and convert it to credits anyway).

39,153xp.  That is probably closer to 30+ battles (~4 hours of solid play).  
When it's on sale, training a crew of 4 is 400 gold, or roughly $1.60.

Far from retarded, it seems like a pretty good deal to me.  

39,153xp.  That is probably closer to 30+ battles (~4 hours of solid play).  
When it's on sale, training a crew of 4 is 400 gold, or roughly $1.60.

Far from retarded, it seems like a pretty good deal to me.  

Maybe its me being a f2p bob or whatever, but I rather play a few battles instead of wasting money. And its by far not even close to 30+ battles if u don't afk in cap with your t1, more like 10 battles tops, considering daylies or even x3/x5/prem tanks.

I knew some random would get triggered by calling it retarded. :serb: 

I knew some random would get triggered by calling it retarded. 

TIL: correcting errors is being triggered. a surprisingly low bar.

Maybe its me being a f2p bob or whatever, but I rather play a few battles instead of wasting money. And its by far not even close to 30+ battles if u don't afk in cap with your t1, more like 10 battles tops, considering daylies or even x3/x5/prem tanks.

I value my time at more than $1.60 an hour.

Not sure how you can call yourself a "f2p bob" when your account looks like you own many premium tanks and have used a lot of free xp.

TIL: correcting errors is being triggered. a surprisingly low bar.

quote me again pls, might see my 'errors' then.

Not sure how you can call yourself a "f2p bob" when your account looks like you own many premium tanks and have used a lot of free xp.

I haven't paid for it, so I'm still pretty much f2p (excluding 30 copperonies for prem time)

I value my time at more than $1.60 an hour.

Didn't expect any different from smby on NA. PPL over there usually are more generous and easy on their wallet. That's why I said 'if u don't shit gold and convert it to credits anyway'

I will say it again, the 10% u lose for a few battles ( if u ain't a total shitter and need 4hrs +) isn't noticeable for most ppl. Just use food to compensate the effect, if u aren't doing it already.

Me being an coward after seeing an AX and thinking that he wasn't alone...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1_xXlaFYaI

Keep in mind that was recorded a few days before I made this thread

First game of the day, on a map that I rarely see. Well I got an pen...But the team was dropping like flies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1n1AeyqPDA&feature=youtu.be

I wanted to go with the lemming train, but I got spotted an raped. R.I.P. me

And here's another one of me dying to an tank that I've never seen before....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQjWm9a_9oQ&feature=youtu.be

Me being an coward after seeing an AX and thinking that he wasn't alone...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1_xXlaFYaI

Keep in mind that was recorded a few days before I made this thread

First game of the day, on a map that I rarely see. Well I got an pen...But the team was dropping like flies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1n1AeyqPDA&feature=youtu.be

I wanted to go with the lemming train, but I got spotted an raped. R.I.P. me

-step 1

-delete res mods

@Sergeant_Fgt

Alright, I'll bite, what do you consider a reasonable number of consecutive games for a non-shitter to get 39000 xp in a single session?
What are your assumptions for premium tanks/specials/baseXP that make sense this player?  Go ahead and define the line for "total shitter" while you're at it.  Because if your advice only applies to the top 1%, you are being elitist and unhelpful considering the audience of this thread.  

It seems strange that you consider your premium time and premium tanks F2P, but premium crew training is a waste.  Once you have premium time, premium tanks, premium camo, and all the free xp you need...there isn't much left to spend your gold on.  You have drawn a line in the sand for where you think the gold/time value ratio is favorable, but what about someone who makes twice as much money than you?  or has half as much time to play as you?  Isn't it reasonable that their ratio would be different but still perfectly valid for their situation?

I am writing this with the intention of helping, and I will point out some stuff. The stock IS3 is not the best thing ever in tier 10, but you have major issues with your gameplay and general understanding of a the game. I dont want to go into the details, because it is already 2 am in the EU, but I am sure others will help you. Generally you should watch some twitch. I would chose streamer, who is modaretly better than you +1k WN8, because that way you can see and maybe understand the difference.

TLDR:

The 10% crewskill and elite tank wont help you shit, because you are using the tank very badly.

@others: you are missing the point guys.

I wanted to go with the lemming trai...

Ok, yeah, you definitely have WAY too many mods.  That is completely distracting and unhelpful.  Figure out a small number of mods that you can't live without, and be brutal about the rest.

In this severely tier 10 game, you start out complaining about the number of tanks that go West.  well west is the least important location.  not critical that you get a heavy contingent there.  If you want to not get shredded running out of the base ,don't wait for the first 7 second to elapse before you start moving.  Then you stop in the open to aim at all but impossible shots and get shredded.  All you had to do was pull up far enough that you were sheltered by the mountain.  then you could have worked the west or east side of it.  you win when your enemy has zero hitpoints, and you lose when your team has zero hitpoints.  don't fight from positions that piss this resource away.  

don't make excuses, don't type so much, just play.

looks like you were so distracted complaining that you weren't looking around.  you wandered into a central killzone, and didn't notice until you started getting hit.  Go northern valley or southern peninsula, but you will be shredded every time from that position.  The other two tanks were using a rock for cover, you were in the open.  Find a place to fight up close and near hard cover.  You should have moved to some sort of cover ,but you had wandered so far form cover, that you were definitely going to take some shots getting away even if you succeded.  

If you have money and you decide to grind 150 battles in a stock tier 8 rather than spend like $20 to free exp some critical modules, you're retarded.

Is $20 really worth what is most likely one week of your free-time being consumed by a stock grind?

I have nothing else to say