Sign in to follow this  
FrankyMcShanky

Centauro 120 Appreciation thread

I love this thing Its got Italian sexy lines and wheels, the gun fucks shit up, and in my eyes its better than the stryker.  

Italian sexy lines :kwim:

I've got no wheels, but thank you anyways. 

On topic, I'm kinda grinding for this tank, the ERC is fun for now, I hope the Centauro at tier 6 is not too much of a letdown, everybody said it's kinda crap

Italian sexy lines :kwim:

I've got no wheels, but thank you anyways. 

On topic, I'm kinda grinding for this tank, the ERC is fun for now, I hope the Centauro at tier 6 is not too much of a letdown, everybody said it's kinda crap

It might be pretty decent now with grew skills stacking working how it is.

It might be pretty decent now with grew skills stacking working how it is.

I doubt it. It could have a 2.7 sec reload, it still has a really shitty AP shell and crap gun handling. There's a lot more wrong with the tier 6 than than the tier 7, and crew modifiers aren't going to fix it. The tier 7 was already very good before crew modifiers made it ridiculous.

I doubt it. It could have a 2.7 sec reload, it still has a really shitty AP shell and crap gun handling. There's a lot more wrong with the tier 6 than than the tier 7, and crew modifiers aren't going to fix it. The tier 7 was already very good before crew modifiers made it ridiculous.

A boy can dream.

I actually think it's what light tanks should be. Since lights aren't doing it, the cent may as well. I think it fits well in the mbt meta, and the other classes need to be tweaked to fit.

It reminds me very much of the EA Deathray 1 and 2. The used to be almost exactly what the Cent is now, and they were great. The only problem was the good players coming to the game saw that and went for them immediately, so top tier battles turned in to every game being farmed by plats of Deathray 2's (I totally partook and it was glorious) and the forums went apeshit and instead of waiting until the average shitters caught up and got more top tiers and actually seeing how they fit in to a real meta, they just nerfed them all in to the dirt. And now we have the shitty excuses for light tanks they became. Yay.

It reminds me very much of the EA Deathray 1 and 2. The used to be almost exactly what the Cent is now, and they were great. The only problem was the good players coming to the game saw that and went for them immediately, so top tier battles turned in to every game being farmed by plats of Deathray 2's (I totally partook and it was glorious) and the forums went apeshit and instead of waiting until the average shitters caught up and got more top tiers and actually seeing how they fit in to a real meta, they just nerfed them all in to the dirt. And now we have the shitty excuses for light tanks they became. Yay.

Isn't it desirable to balance around the highest common denominator though?

not when they balance them to absolute shit, i had 3.5dpg in the stingray 2 closed beta back when it only fought 6,s and the odd t80

oh how times have changed obsidian

It is, but only when then highest common denominator is actually found. What they did was a knee-jerk reaction to the few good players in a tiny population of players consisting of maybe 5% even having a top tier tank. It wasn't balancing, it was panicking.

It is, but only when then highest common denominator is actually found. What they did was a knee-jerk reaction to the few good players in a tiny population of players consisting of maybe 5% even having a top tier tank. It wasn't balancing, it was panicking.

This^

i don't think its bad to hear your gaming audience and their ideas but......

When everybody suddenly screams OP! or UP! it doesn't mean you jump the gun and start making sudden changes to please them, take your time and consider all options like someone with common sense....

Fair enough, it's almost the reverse of what happened with the Chieftan.  It had a massive pool of piss poor players and was buffed unreasonably so because of it.