FrankyMcShanky

Centauro 120 Appreciation thread

Fair enough, it's almost the reverse of what happened with the Chieftan.  It had a massive pool of piss poor players and was buffed unreasonably so because of it.

To be fair, the Chieftain is still the joke of tier 5 MBT's. Even the Leo is better.

To be fair, the Chieftain is still the joke of tier 5 MBT's. Even the Leo is better.

...I meant the Challenger.  Don't know where my head was.  The Chieftain will never be good unless it gets a big mobility buff.

So, you argued that mostly quality players where in the Stingrays during EA.  Doesn't that mean that mostly good players were in all the vehicles at that tier?  So shouldn't performances have balanced out?

...I meant the Challenger.  Don't know where my head was.  The Chieftain will never be good unless it gets a big mobility buff.

So, you argued that mostly quality players where in the Stingrays during EA.  Doesn't that mean that mostly good players were in all the vehicles at that tier?  So shouldn't performances have balanced out?

No. At least, not on NA. We all kind of showed up as soon as EA1 went up, looked at all the vehicles, and decided the Stingray 2 was the closest to WoT mediums, so the vast majority of us blasted up the line for those. It was tier 7 max, and the Leo 2 was still garbage, so there were no good tier 7 MBT's (except the T-80, which no one realized at first).It was literally just the best players grinding the shit out of the light tanks until every tier 7 match was farmed by at least one plat of Stingray 2's.

We were probably directly responsible for the Sheridan nerf hammer too. It was incredibly good with the old light tank ability of no bloom until you hull traverse. And it had a 400 damage AP round.

I only Played through the Cent.120 in PvE and i rushed to the Tier 9 Token During the 200% boost event so its not fully upgraded or retrofitted.....And so i took it out today in PvP for the first time cause fuck it....

gjDAAZj.jpg

Wasnt even being serious, mostly just sat back and played it all passive....Fuck this makes me hate the LAV-600 even more.

went on to get x2 5k dmg games afterwards.

PS: is HEAT even a viable option in this thing? being Tier 7 and all i figured its going to be pretty useless.

Edited by Deus__Ex__Machina

I only Played through the Cent.120 in PvE and i rushed to the Tier 9 Token During the 200% boost event so its not fully upgraded or retrofitted.....And so i took it out today in PvP for the first time cause fuck it....

gjDAAZj.jpg

Wasnt even being serious, mostly just sat back and played it all passive....Fuck this makes me hate the LAV-600 even more.

went on to get x2 5k dmg games afterwards.

PS: is HEAT even a viable option in this thing? being Tier 7 and all i figured its going to be pretty useless.

I carry 6 HEAT rounds.  I use them almost every game.  They're great for thin skinned vehicles and amazing against other Centauro's or anything with armor you can't overmatch and has a  lot of odd angles.  You get a hell of a lot less wonky auto bounces with HEAT.

I present to you Exhibit A:

rlQERJt.jpg

Most of that was solo pubed.

This tank is kinda overpowered.  It needs a DPM nerf.  But the play style is really fun, it kinda reminds me of the Fox with its high mobility and burst potential.

Franky, when are you going to let people know you photoshop'd that screenie.

Just kidding.

just got this tank after a long day of losing (never gonna 60% overall feels) free exped top AP round, cue three hard carries all over 5k dpg.

this tank is probably the sole reason i wont take a break from AW for the time bieng

IDK why it took me this long to remember, but who remembers the first iteration of the Stryker? Yea, it's kinda like that but not actually as broken. The low pen is the ONLY factor keeping this thing in check. And honestly, I think it's the model all other TD's should follow. High alpha, high DPM, shitty pen, no armor, good mobility.

Low pen meaning tied for second place in tier 7 with Leo2? only the T-80 has more, and everything else including M1 Abrams and Challenger 1 has less. Honestly it could do with having pen values lower than the M1/Chally but higher than Stingray 2, probably somewhere around 400 to 410 since the LAV-600 has 408.

At tier 7, anything below 480 is meaningless. At 480, you get in to the range where going through the Chally hatch, Leo UFP, and Abrams LFP is a possibility. Below that, it doesn't matter what it is, you aren't going through. Another one of those instances where the practical difference between values is actually zero. Anything at tier 7 and below that 440 would go through, 350 will also go through.

I bought the Wolf version, egads what a dope vehicle.

Such gunnery, very speed. Wow.

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 4:18 AM, Pocktio said:

I bought the Wolf version, egads what a dope vehicle.

Such gunnery, very speed. Wow.

With the holiday sales, the Wolf version can be had for 5500 gold.......

On the reddit, there is a thread saying the Cent 120 Wolf will become a Tier 9 Premium after 2.0 -- is that a good deal??

https://www.reddit.com/r/ArmoredWarfare/comments/5jd33s/psa_buy_the_centauro_120_now_becomes_the_only_t9/

On 20/12/2016 at 6:13 PM, Invictus said:

With the holiday sales, the Wolf version can be had for 5500 gold.......

On the reddit, there is a thread saying the Cent 120 Wolf will become a Tier 9 Premium after 2.0 -- is that a good deal??

https://www.reddit.com/r/ArmoredWarfare/comments/5jd33s/psa_buy_the_centauro_120_now_becomes_the_only_t9/

When you consider that 2.0 will allow players to reset their accounts with full compensation AND keep their premiums I would say yes, it is.

https://aw.my.com/gb/news/general/balance-20-compensation