73north

Type 5 Ke Ho - Tier 4 Scout Light Tank

My Thoughts after finally getting the Ace Tanker in this Tier 4 Light Tank , are that it is a very good tank , if you use it right and fight with it in cover , and never brawl unless no other option

If you have a good crew , its excellent ( with crew camouflage training and 100% Bia ) - if you have a bad crew at 75% , then you will struggle to do well in it

I first played it when the Japanese Tanks were released - and then quickly moved on to the Chi Nu - now I have replayed it ,the gun is very good but you have to let it aim - and at long ranges it can miss sometimes  

This was a really enjoyable game where I managed to get 2373 spotting damage , 2 Kills and 733 damage using the Type 5 Ke Ho Japanese Light Tank ( Tier 4 ) on Malinovka

source below from Tank Wikipedia
By 1945 the design of the Type 95 Ha-Go was already obsolete. In 1942 the Hino Jidosha company started to develop a new tank. A prototype designated the Type 5 Ke-Ho was built in 1944. The design of the tank was similar to that of the Czech LT vz.38 and the Japanese Chi-Ha. However, the vehicle did not go into mass production.
Pros and Cons -
Pros :-
Small size
Good agility
Great firepower for a tier 4 light, premium AP round receives full 5 degrees of normalization and less loss of penetration overall
Does not get scout MM
good gun depression

Cons :---
Absolutely no armour
Mediocre gun handling
Inaccurate gun makes sniping and hitting weak spots difficult
Relatively slow acceleration for a light tank

I have long considered this one of the hidden gems of WoT, if you can tolerate the usual low tier derpiness.  It's reasonably mobile, small, sneaky and hits hard.

Oh my god your xvm camo

and i thought i had ok xvm camo

then saw this :(((

On topic tho, Ke-Ho is very good tank. It is true hidden gem. The gun is just crazy.

I loved my Ke-Ho, truly a gem among tier 4 light tanks. it was such a fun tank to play, i had 220 games in it at 60%. kept it even after i'd gotten to STA-1 and used it for the occasional tier 4-5 platoon (no scout matchmaking). eventually sold it and moved the crew to the Type 61. that was before the Japanese heavy tank invasion, so i don't know how well it stands now against those behemoths. but the 57mm gun it used was competitive then and surely its still doing well.

because of my respect for the Ke-Ho i keep it in mind to kill any enemy Ke-Ho i may encounter when i get in mid tier games.

I loved my Ke-Ho, truly a gem among tier 4 light tanks. it was such a fun tank to play, i had 220 games in it at 60%. kept it even after i'd gotten to STA-1 and used it for the occasional tier 4-5 platoon (no scout matchmaking). eventually sold it and moved the crew to the Type 61. that was before the Japanese heavy tank invasion, so i don't know how well it stands now against those behemoths. but the 57mm gun it used was competitive then and surely its still doing well.

because of my respect for the Ke-Ho i keep it in mind to kill any enemy Ke-Ho i may encounter when i get in mid tier games.

JP Heavy invasion actually helped Ke-Ho if anything. Every scrub wants O-IE/O-I, so they have to play tier 3 and 4, which are just XP pinatas from deepest dreams. Imagine TOGs that doesnt have good guns to defend themselves. Having multiple Types makes up for having less HP. Also you can park yourself at side of O-I and troll it. Killed an O-I from 75% HP, hehe.  O-IE eats this funny bugger from alive, though.

I take mine out for a spin every now and again, but I don't do it as often due to grinding like a boss for tanks that I need :feelsbad:

I first found out the ridiculous nature of this tank when I first started the Japanese tanks about a year ago. The clan I was in would usually run 3 x Matilda platoons. They very quickly switched to the Ke-Ho when I rekt all 3 of them I met in game once :awyeah:

What makes this tank shine IMHO is it's gun. Yes, it may be inaccurate and aim like a Cromwell, but 87 AP pen is enough for most tanks (penning the front of KV-2 tanks is lulzy) with bonkers 131 premium rounds. More than enough for tier 6.

Truly a gem if a tier 4 Light, with no scout MM to boot!

Lets be honest, this tank is OP. Yeah, it doesnt seem like that at first. Its not even special on paper, and JP med line (IJA LTs/MTs, aka tier 7 and below) is generally considered as mediocre, which is why this tank is not popular. However, things changes when you realize that this thing is basically 2x stealthier, inaccurate T-34 with -10 depression and no armor whole tier lower. It has 3 percent higher WR than average WR for most players, expect tomatoes and for unicums, who's difference on tank WR and average WR is even higher.

I doubt you can call Ke-Ho an OP tank when it get one-shot by any gun bigger than 105 mm. which populated the tier it's in, even 100 mm. can one-shot it if they realized how potato its armor is and switch to HE instead of AP, and pray that RNG not guided your shell to its tracks, or its gun mantlet.

75 mm. gun can two-shots it by using HE too and it's not that difficult to do full damage on them with armor like that. With such notion, I don't think it need any nerf anytime soon.

I have one as a keeper myself, but still struggle in it due to potato crews, suffice to say that Sixth Sense has spoiled me, and I turned potato the moment I have to train new crews that didn't have one. Hope that I can get Sixth Sense on Ke-Ho soon.

simple: dont take a hit, Camo is riidiculous on this thing, especially with camo skill. It almost feels like that it wears a cloaking device lol. 

T67 also get oneshotted by derps btw, and those are even more common on tier 5

12 minutes ago, leggasiini said:

simple: dont take a hit, Camo is riidiculous on this thing, especially with camo skill. It almost feels like that it wears a cloaking device lol. 

T67 also get oneshotted by derps btw, and those are even more common on tier 5

Ya, that's why I said Sixth Sense spoiled me; I couldn't guess if they've spotted me or not and sometime run right into waiting derp when I didn't have it aboard my tanks.

I just pointing out that it's not consider OP when it take a lot of skills to make its OPness apparent. Some tanks considered OP tanks because even a potato can do well in them, but Ke-Ho doesn't fit that category as it punished any potato plays - Hard.

Gotta necro this thread :D Rebought Ke Ho for T-44-100 Marathon, and now waiting for camo discount to paint it (That's what I do to keeper tanks :D:disco:
Victory! Battle: Airfield Vehicles: Type 5 Ke-Ho
Mission completed! Reward: Vehicles added: T-44-100 (crew 100% sent to Barracks) Slots added: 1