Str8l3g1t

Plateaued

Ok so guys, I've made a lot of improvements in WoT. at 6k Battles I was at 46% 600ish WN8, now at 23K, 53% 1574WN8, 2100 recents. Obviously recents fluctuate with what I play, I've gotten them up 2300 for 60 day, and Ive had 3k plus days. Right now I am at 2.5k for the week. I can pull uni/near uni stats consistently in a few tanks (Persh, RU, Crommy, T32, E50M) but I dont feel like I am getting any better at the game. Sure WN8 is still increasing, slowly, but that requires "padding" ie. playing certain tanks and often throwing away wins for damage. Maybe someone can look at my stats and tell me what I am doing wrong, what I am doing right, and what I need to fix? I am not adverse to running some platoons either. http://wotlabs.net/na/player/STR8L3G1T

Without looking at a singular replay, I can say with confidence that you are doing everything wrong.

If you can't pen every one of your shots at 200 meters or less, 80% of your shots at 400 meters, you are doing it wrong.

If you get artied, or take disproportionate trade without a strategic purpose, you are doing it wrong.

If you are at a flank thats outnumbered as a medium and you died because you chose not to pull out, you are doing it wrong.

If you go to a flank, get outnumbered and die, you are doing it wrong, as you should be able to tell from composition that a flank would fail from the start.

All of these things has nothing to do with playstyle, but its something we all fail from time to time, and until you improve on these fundamentals, i think its too early to be saying anything else.

Without looking at a singular replay, I can say with confidence that you are doing everything wrong.

If you can't pen every one of your shots at 200 meters or less, 80% of your shots at 400 meters, you are doing it wrong.

If you get artied, or take disproportionate trade without a strategic purpose, you are doing it wrong.

If you are at a flank thats outnumbered as a medium and you died because you chose not to pull out, you are doing it wrong.

If you go to a flank, get outnumbered and die, you are doing it wrong, as you should be able to tell from composition that a flank would fail from the start.

All of these things has nothing to do with playstyle, but its something we all fail from time to time, and until you improve on these fundamentals, i think its too early to be saying anything else.

Pen ratio is pretty good, barring the occasional RNG trolling. Going off sessions stats that I can remember I'm in at least the 80%is range for pen, but I do take a lot of low probability shots.

Arty is a problem occasionally, as are poor trades. Arty I am not sure how to avoid, stay moving, try to use hard cover etc sometimes they just hit you. One of the worst feelings in this game is being unable to play your tank due to arty being pointed at you. Poor trades are usually a map awareness and patience issue or mistiming a reload. Something I definitely need to work on.

Last two dont happen much any more. In fact I've started getting a lot of flak from players feeling betrayed as I disengage from a failing flank, either as I drive away, or after they die.

Lastly is this a troll post?

so, on a more srs note (and to bump my poast counts :D ) what research have you done on yourself? noobmeter, ie.wot-life, vbaddict etc.
Just a quick run-through says you have been flat, skill wise, since about 12k battles and currently at almost 23k. ouch. and a 70% hit ratio

Got any replays or a vBAddict profile?

Edited by Wanderjar

so, on a more srs note (and to bump my poast counts :D ) what research have you done on yourself? noobmeter, ie.wot-life, vbaddict etc.
Just a quick run-through says you have been flat, skill wise, since about 12k battles and currently at almost 23k. ouch. and a 70% hit ratio

Yup I do have a VB addict profile. Replays yup have those too. Most of my research brings me to the conclusion that I die too much and too soon. About the HR, I take a lot of hard, low probability, shots. My DPG is decent and that is one of the ways I have been seeking to improve it. Yea, I've been running blue recents for quite a long time and I am not understanding how how to bring it up, other than the obvious deal more damage, and I dont want to pad, I want to legitimately get better.  Thats why I am here. Honestly Wanderjar, based on what stats I can see, I am not sure you have the skill level to be able to help me, but hey if you got something hit me with it.

Pen ratio is pretty good, barring the occasional RNG trolling. Going off sessions stats that I can remember I'm in at least the 80%is range for pen, but I do take a lot of low probability shots.

Arty is a problem occasionally, as are poor trades. Arty I am not sure how to avoid, stay moving, try to use hard cover etc sometimes they just hit you. One of the worst feelings in this game is being unable to play your tank due to arty being pointed at you. Poor trades are usually a map awareness and patience issue or mistiming a reload. Something I definitely need to work on.

Last two dont happen much any more. In fact I've started getting a lot of flak from players feeling betrayed as I disengage from a failing flank, either as I drive away, or after they die.

Lastly is this a troll post?

Did you just question carbonward if he made a troll post...

I have the stats I have because I'm gone half the month and I lose a LOT of currency because of it. Part of wotlabs is that your stats are things you work on, regardless of color. I was pointing out that the 10k flatline indicates a LONG time before seeking help, much as I was pointing out that you had a 70% HR as opposed to the 80% you quoted. not saying it's bad, just that it's there.

Asking for replays and profile links are normal/standard stuff. Not giving them in an OP is basically an 'eff you' to the people that can and will help you. Just saying. 

Did you just question carbonward if he made a troll post...

I am new here. Like This is my first day of poasting.

I am new here. Like This is my first day of poasting.

ehh whatever...

by the way.

Your survival rate is mediocre below 30%

You want to be at least 40%. The more you survive your games the more likely you are to have an influence on your games.

I have the stats I have because I'm gone half the month and I lose a LOT of currency because of it. Part of wotlabs is that your stats are things you work on, regardless of color. I was pointing out that the 10k flatline indicates a LONG time before seeking help, much as I was pointing out that you had a 70% HR as opposed to the 80% you quoted. not saying it's bad, just that it's there.

Asking for replays and profile links are normal/standard stuff. Not giving them in an OP is basically an 'eff you' to the people that can and will help you. Just saying. 

Pen, I said. not HR. HR is really good in some tanks, some tanks its pretty poor as I spam a fair bit. Yea its been some time, overalls going up, so the fact that recents weren't changing didnt bother me that much. 

VB addict: http://www.vbaddict.net/player/str8l3g1t-na

ehh whatever...

by the way.

Your survival rate is mediocre below 30%

You want to be at least 40%. The more you survive your games the more likely you are to have an influence on your games.

That I do know. Working on it. I think I feel I tend to yolo too much, and to accept the risk of too much return damage.

Hmmm the way i always sharpen my play is to go off and solo tier X for a couple hundred games. Everything really does hang on your contribution and decisions, so you can't really relax. Noticeably increases the speed in which I make decisions, the accuracy of my shots (and what targets to hit), going back to reset cap before the threat has even developed ect.

I hit 62.86% solo over 500 games at tier X just recently, the time before i was hovering around 58.2%.

Though its all kind of self taught so you have to actually make an effort.

Hmmm the way i always sharpen my play is to go off and solo tier X for a couple hundred games. Everything really does hang on your contribution and decisions, so you can't really relax. Noticeably increases the speed in which I make decisions, the accuracy of my shots (and what targets to hit), going back to reset cap before the threat has even developed ect.

I hit 62.86% solo over 500 games at tier X just recently, the time before i was hovering around 58.2%.

Though its all kind of self taught so you have to actually make an effort.

Ok, I might try that. Kinda worried about messing up the WR on them though. Which of my 10s should I use?

E50M, T22, 140, Leo, CAX, E100, JPZE100, WTE 100, T57? Or is there another tank I should pick up to learn T10 the hard way?

50m/ 140/ E100/ T57 look the best of the bunch for solo.

Ok thank you! Any reason to take the 140 over the T22? Cuz right now the T22 is my best solopub T10

Ok thank you! Any reason to take the 140 over the T22? Cuz right now the T22 is my best solopub T10

sub 2500 with a 64% w/r means you're getting carried and not doing the carrying. Your win rate/dpg ratios in other T10s attest to that fact.

As for what you mentioned as of thus far:

• The tanks you claim to perform well in are generally very easy to pad WN8 in.
  • If you require 'padding' to bring your WN8 up, you are not improving in the slightest.

Extras:

• You normally plateau when
    • You do the same response every time regardless of the differing situational factors (i.e. tank composition) aka failure to improvise/adapt
    • Failure to improve on fundamentals
    • Inability to acknowledge mistakes

From what I read so far it would be better if you post a session of replays (5 without cherrypicking is usually a good number) for us to get a look. Most of the times (bad) habits tend to be clear after watching a replay or 2 :) 
Look for the unicum's replay topics, there is always nice stuff to look at! Try to read trough this even if you have already (http://forum.wotlabs.net/index.php?/topic/21721-mega-resource-everything-i%E2%80%99ve-learnt-going-from-noob-to-unicum-recent/&page=1) There might be someting useful to you ;) Personally I found out about the dynamic camera @18k games while reading that post :P

Also, Carbonward is one of the best players in here, value his advice :) Don't judge ppl here on wotlabs by stats only, there is quite a few members which provide great suggestions/tips even if they don't showcase superuni stats: these players might be even more useful to you than the superunis, since they might be struggling with the same problems as you are ;)

sub 2500 with a 64% w/r means you're getting carried and not doing the carrying. Your win rate/dpg ratios in other T10s attest to that fact.

As for what you mentioned as of thus far:

• The tanks you claim to perform well in are generally very easy to pad WN8 in.
  • If you require 'padding' to bring your WN8 up, you are not improving in the slightest.

Extras:

• You normally plateau when
    • You do the same response every time regardless of the differing situational factors (i.e. tank composition) aka failure to improvise/adapt
    • Failure to improve on fundamentals
    • Inability to acknowledge mistakes

Yea, my performance in it is better than the 140, but does not justify that WR. Must be a fair amount of luck in it. My performance in it is very streaky, lot of games I get carried, some games I carry.

• I know. My average WN8 in tanks I have played recently, that arent "padders" is about 2kish.
  • I know, thats why I am seeking advice.

As for your plateau factors:

Guilty, possibly guilty, not so much (I acknowledge, but then repeat the same mistakes)

From what I read so far it would be better if you post a session of replays (5 without cherrypicking is usually a good number) for us to get a look. Most of the times (bad) habits tend to be clear after watching a replay or 2 :) 
Look for the unicum's replay topics, there is always nice stuff to look at! Try to read trough this even if you have already (http://forum.wotlabs.net/index.php?/topic/21721-mega-resource-everything-i%E2%80%99ve-learnt-going-from-noob-to-unicum-recent/&page=1) There might be someting useful to you ;) Personally I found out about the dynamic camera @18k games while reading that post :P

Also, Carbonward is one of the best players in here, value his advice :) Don't judge ppl here on wotlabs by stats only, there is quite a few members which provide great suggestions/tips even if they don't showcase superuni stats: these players might be even more useful to you than the superunis, since they might be struggling with the same problems as you are ;)

Replays coming up now that I have finished with strongholds. I will upload the next 5 battles.

Yea, my performance in it is better than the 140, but does not justify that WR. Must be a fair amount of luck in it. My performance in it is very streaky, lot of games I get carried, some games I carry.

• I know. My average WN8 in tanks I have played recently, that arent "padders" is about 2kish.
  • I know, thats why I am seeking advice.

As for your plateau factors:

Guilty, possibly guilty, not so much (I acknowledge, but then repeat the same mistakes)

Replays coming up now that I have finished with strongholds. I will upload the next 5 battles.

If you 'acknowledge' a mistake and proceed to do it anyways, you're not acknowledging it.

ok short T10 solo pub session. First 5 games of the day, did a few SH before.

Session statistics to show 5 consecutive games.

Wins/Battles:         3 (5)    (60.0%)
Kills:         11    (2.2)
Deaths:         4    (80.0%)
Hits/Shots:         58 / 66    (87.9%)
Penetrations:         42    (72.4%)
Damage Dealt:         14 323    (2 864)
Damage Received:         9 027    (1 805)
Spotted:         7    (1.4)
Defence:         84    (16.8)
Capture:         0    (0.0)

Efficiency/WN8:    4 306 (100)        2 967 (96)

E 50 M     1/1     3 502     3 327
Leopard 1     1/1     3 472     3 056
Centurion AX     0/1     3 176     2 663
E 100     1/1     2 098     1 837
T-22 med.     0/1     2 075     1 604

Replays have comments addressing those mistakes I was aware of at the time and thought were significant.

http://wotreplays.com/site/2383646#sand_river-str8l3g1t-t-22_medium 

Replay corrupted, LOSS.

http://wotreplays.com/site/2383654#pilsen-str8l3g1t-e_50_ausf_m

WIN

http://wotreplays.com/site/2383667#redshire-str8l3g1t-leopard_1

WIN

http://wotreplays.com/site/2383682#abbey-str8l3g1t-e_100

WIN

http://wotreplays.com/site/2383699#steppes-str8l3g1t-centurion_action_x

LOSS

Hard to say anything about small sessions. Just because you do well on a small set does not mean you can consistently do it as seen by the plateau.

Will look over them tomorrow morning if I remember to do so but in the meantime I'd keep the above in mind - knowing that your goal is to be consistent.

Also constantly critique yourself (i.e. What you could have done better in terms of macro play - positioning/flex/push decisions. Try to theorize or even better imagine how the outcome of a game by doing things differently. It's the fastest way to improve.