Str8l3g1t

Plateaued

Hard to say anything about small sessions. Just because you do well on a small set does not mean you can consistently do it as seen by the plateau.

Will look over them tomorrow morning if I remember to do so but in the meantime I'd keep the above in mind - knowing that your goal is to be consistent.

Also constantly critique yourself (i.e. What you could have done better in terms of macro play - positioning/flex/push decisions. Try to theorize or even better imagine how the outcome of a game by doing things differently. It's the fastest way to improve.

Wins/Battles:         21 (34)    (61.8%)
Exp x1:         30 257    (889)
Exp:         57 108    (1 679)
Free Exp:         2 762

Kills:         53    (1.6)
Deaths:         20    (58.8%)
Hits/Shots:         306 / 399    (76.7%)
Penetrations:         222    (72.5%)
Damage Dealt:         62 368    (1 834)
Damage Received:         44 500    (1 308)
Spotted:         33    (1.0)
Defence:         98    (2.9)
Capture:         0    (0.0)

Efficiency/WN8:    1 674 (87)        2 261 (81)

Could not maintain. Played some T6 Church (for x3) and some IS6 (cred grind) and took a beating.

No consistency, evened out to to 2300, still  fairly small sample size though. I do this thing where its like 3k, 4k, 2.5k, 300, 4k,  1000, 2k, so on and so forth. Happens in every tier, including 10, so its not correlating to my tiering in the battle.

imo consistency is a shitty goal. You never improve by being consistent:fat:

I feel like consistency means consistently performing above a certain level, fewer potato games, purely out of better decision making.
also, speaking of getting carried.

Replay 1
As you said, T95 was there. Lack of situational awareness. Main mistake though is getting killed that early, you could have influenced the game much more expecially given the MM you were in.
I also noticed you got a bit cocky against the Type 62: I know the T22 has godly side armour, but going totally sideways like that? Also in a position that is prone to TD fire... It's not a good idea... Not much else to say here, arty got you and the T54E1 should have killed you twice, gib magnets on the turret to me as well plox :P

Replay 2
I saw that sometimes you overexpose to get some shots in, yet you didn't get punished as often as I thought you would (example is the shot u take on the Bat and earlier when you go for the AMX 13 90, in both cases u expose unnecessarly to the T32, fair enough he is stupid, but if this is the norm for you, you gotta check your surroundings). Nothing particular to add here, maybe excessive use of sniper mode in some occasions, it gets you tunnelvisioned imho, but that's my opinion ;)

Replay 3
The msitakes you made imo are: cresting one ridge too much when you didn't know exactly what was there (the scout had a surprise for you) and using the ridges in the M103 engagement VERY poorly. Fair enough the leo is fast, but yet again you tend not to minimize the exposure, you go all the way up on a ridge exposing everything before shooting. The first is again a situational awareness mistake (very big mistake in a non armoured vehicle such as the Leo), the second one is a fairly big playstyle mistake (it's the second time I notice it).

Replay 4
Well played, nice flanking, great job in recognizing the need to go back. You showcased a great situational awareness here, unlike the previous replays. Dunno what happened this time that didn't happen in the previous games.

Replay 5
Biggest mistake is judging when to be aggressive, you could have flanked WAAAAY earlier, preventing the SP to push and eventually getting a better position on the guys in the "bowl" as you call it. There was too much stuff when you pushed, you made your move when the game was already over.

Stuff to work on:
- Aggression/non aggression: look at replays from X3N4, he is a master in this, maybe you can get a few hints. You seem to have trouble alternating them properly, either being late for aggression or going too deep during aggression.
- Part of the above: situational awareness, only one of the replays showcases very good situational awareness, the rest is either micro or macro bad situational awareness.
- Minimizing exposure: use ridges better and try not to expose yourself to multiple guns at the same time.

That's what I noticed, hope it gives you some hints to think about ;)

I feel like consistency means consistently performing above a certain level, fewer potato games, purely out of better decision making.
also, speaking of getting carried.

That definition of consistency would be quite good.

:ohnyes:

Replay 1
As you said, T95 was there. Lack of situational awareness. Main mistake though is getting killed that early, you could have influenced the game much more expecially given the MM you were in.
I also noticed you got a bit cocky against the Type 62: I know the T22 has godly side armour, but going totally sideways like that? Also in a position that is prone to TD fire... It's not a good idea... Not much else to say here, arty got you and the T54E1 should have killed you twice, gib magnets on the turret to me as well plox :P

Replay 2
I saw that sometimes you overexpose to get some shots in, yet you didn't get punished as often as I thought you would (example is the shot u take on the Bat and earlier when you go for the AMX 13 90, in both cases u expose unnecessarly to the T32, fair enough he is stupid, but if this is the norm for you, you gotta check your surroundings). Nothing particular to add here, maybe excessive use of sniper mode in some occasions, it gets you tunnelvisioned imho, but that's my opinion ;)

Replay 3
The msitakes you made imo are: cresting one ridge too much when you didn't know exactly what was there (the scout had a surprise for you) and using the ridges in the M103 engagement VERY poorly. Fair enough the leo is fast, but yet again you tend not to minimize the exposure, you go all the way up on a ridge exposing everything before shooting. The first is again a situational awareness mistake (very big mistake in a non armoured vehicle such as the Leo), the second one is a fairly big playstyle mistake (it's the second time I notice it).

Replay 4
Well played, nice flanking, great job in recognizing the need to go back. You showcased a great situational awareness here, unlike the previous replays. Dunno what happened this time that didn't happen in the previous games.

Replay 5
Biggest mistake is judging when to be aggressive, you could have flanked WAAAAY earlier, preventing the SP to push and eventually getting a better position on the guys in the "bowl" as you call it. There was too much stuff when you pushed, you made your move when the game was already over.

Stuff to work on:
- Aggression/non aggression: look at replays from X3N4, he is a master in this, maybe you can get a few hints. You seem to have trouble alternating them properly, either being late for aggression or going too deep during aggression.
- Part of the above: situational awareness, only one of the replays showcases very good situational awareness, the rest is either micro or macro bad situational awareness.
- Minimizing exposure: use ridges better and try not to expose yourself to multiple guns at the same time.

That's what I noticed, hope it gives you some hints to think about ;)

Thank you, this is exactly the type of feedback I was looking for.

sdMDAK8.png

a really old session of mine

Ehhhhh thats kinda like mine but less spiky. Like the use of the E50 to keep the session stats from going completely to hell.

Thank you, this is exactly the type of feedback I was looking for.

Glad it helped!
Bear in mind that I was mainly pointing out the mistakes, since this is the purpose of critique, the games were all quite good ;)

To say a bit more about situational awareness, as I didn't give you a good "method" to learn it:
Situational awareness is a very difficult skill to learn, to improve it try to take a short break after each game (1-2 mins); think about what happened and what you think you did wrong (even small stuff), then take a note on a piece of paper. You don't have to read it again, but taking a note helps keep stuff in mind ("Verba volant, scripta manent"). Do the same for the good stuff you do and quickly analyze in your mind why that thing worked, if you are able to identify why it worked you can replicate it at the right moment! The "good stuff" can refer mainly to tactical decisions ;)