According to a post by official Chinese WG wechat account, a tier 10 light tank will might be coming to wot. It's a tier 10 bulldog with a 105mm. Model and stats were included in the post along with a Chinese description (which I've translated):

Description: A new type of light tank developed based on the American M41 Walker Bulldog in the post WWII period. As these tanks were designed to counteract the massive Soviet armored force, firepower was overall improved. This tank utilizes a 600hp engine with a 40x caliber (40倍口径) 105mm L3A1 cannon. Battle weight is 28 tons.

Stats:

Tier: 10

Horsepower: 600
HP: 1700
Weight: 28t
HP/t: 21.42
Max speed: 72.4
Hull traverse: 56
Turret traverse: 42
View range:420
Radio: 745m
Hull armour: 51/25/25
Turret armour: 90/30/30
Gun: 105mm L40 L3A1
Damage: 390/390/480
Penetration: 248/330/53
Ammo type: APCR/HEAT/HE
Shots/minute: 7.5
DPM: 2925
Reload: 8sec
Accuracy: 0.33
Aim time: 2.1
Elevation/Depression: +20/-10
(I'm currently at the airport and I can't post pictures from my phone due to the stupid image size restriction. I'll post pictures from my laptop once I've landed)

*Edit: Model Pictures added
uwxNYp5.jpg
kJmKzl2.jpg
ciCn1lg.jpg
FIzJrMA.jpg
YCCBGau.jpg
yAhnnvt.jpg

Is this legit? Will tier 10 lights change gameplay? Discuss:

If WG are gonna introduce tier 10 light tanks, then I really fucking hope there will be a big "LT re-balance" like there was for arty, otherwise top tier play will be fucked.

Tier 8 tanks (save for tier 8 LT) get fucked by tier 10 MM, due to massive power creep (except for the IS-3, but that's a fucking retarded tank to begin with). And what about tier 10 meds, like the Leo, AMX 30, and other NATO meds? Will they get buffed?

IMHO, if WG are gonna introduce tier 9+ LT, they need to re-balance all of the scout MM lights to see normal MM, as who would play anything but tier 10 light tanks as not to be bottom tier? They really, REALLY, REALLY need to balance these things carefully and think long and hard for the long term impacts.

seems pretty hoax-y.  WG has dug their heels in with lights for a long time, and to suddenly do an about face would mean they would have to completely re-balance lights to have normal MM and then fill in the holes with new tanks.  I don't see the first hint of that being on the horizon to be a look at the tier 10

What's the original source like I'd like to see some kind of link from where you got that info from.

http://wot.duowan.com/1601/316106786524.html

While this website did accurately leak 121B and 59-Patton info, this seems a little far off... 

Take it with a bucket of salt. I have many problems with the design, including its use of the L3A1 designation for the gun (its a 105mm howitzer like the m4 Sherman derp, not meant to fire HVAP) and the odd HP engine which I can't find anything to fit unless the AOS-895-1 (T37 stock) engine got a magical buff.

seems pretty hoax-y.  WG has dug their heels in with lights for a long time, and to suddenly do an about face would mean they would have to completely re-balance lights 

Like they did with tier X meds and TD`s...

Like they did with tier X meds and TD`s...

Not saying it's 100% impossible, but at the same time, tier X non-heavies only required tweaking the tier 9s and putting in the tier 10s.  This change would mean completely changing light tank MM as well as adding several new tanks to fill in tech tree holes.  That is what's making it weird, to me anyway.  I'd imagine getting a leak of the plan to change MM, or of the change in tech tree before getting the full stats of a tier 10 light

Can this be tier X Soviet LT, then?

SI7HMMX.jpg

BT-2 with 203mm howitzer. Think even derpier T49 with insane acceleration (in case you didnt know, regular BT-2 has highest power to weight ratio IN THE ENTIRE GAME at 42 (!)...twice or even three times more than tier X MTs, would still have ridiculous acceleration with dis gun) and twice higher alpha (looks like a SU-14-2 203mm for me so 1850 alpha). Also do not forget that those missiles are guided by hand of Stalin. Need i say more? :frenchy:

Seriously though, i have feeling this is hoax. I thought that WG said many many many many many times that tier 10 LTs are NEVER coming and like you already said above, it would require quite a rebalance. I wouldnt mind tier 10 (and also tier 9) lights, however.

Can this be tier X Soviet LT, then?

SI7HMMX.jpg

BT-2 with 203mm howitzer. Think even derpier T49 with insane acceleration (in case you didnt know, regular BT-2 has highest power to weight ratio IN THE ENTIRE GAME at 42 (!)...twice or even three times more than tier X MTs, would still have ridiculous acceleration with dis gun) and twice higher alpha (looks like a SU-14-2 203mm for me so 1850 alpha). Also do not forget that those missiles are guided by hand of Stalin. Need i say more? :frenchy:

It would be funny to have it as a joke tank on april fools, but it would be pure cancer otherwise (like seriously, it would be superior to the FV 4005 in almost every way, and that thing is already a broken piece of shit).

As for this light tank, I think it would be better off having a 100mm gun that does somewhere between 290 and 310 average damage, while having high dpm, great soft stats, but with low-ish pen of like 220-235 or something.

It would be funny to have it as a joke tank on april fools, but it would be pure cancer otherwise (like seriously, it would be superior to the FV 4005 in almost every way, and that thing is already a broken piece of shit).

FV is so shit though that it isnt hard to be superior than it at everything. Also keep on mind that original 183 outclasses 4005 anyway already so it wouldnt even matter lol.

Also atleast you would be able to fight it on head-on, unlike things like Conqueror GigaCancer which can just lololol click click u. 

although it was kind of joke anyway

Okay

1. Screenshots added to thread.

2. This was posted by the official WoT account on WeChat, which is like the Chinese version of facebook. It's unlikely to be a hoax but you never know. Screenshots of the news:

TnVr4xE.jpgqm7b9mh.jpg

3. While the Chinese server is completely different due to excessive goldspam and broken economy, the patches remain the same (eg 9.13 still brings the Czech tanks). Yes you can buy supertest vehicles but the official patches offered to players are all the same. The only reason it's different is because it's managed by another company. However, the content that they manage still comes from RU WG. Chinese server exclusive vehicles like the 121B still count as a 'super test' server and can not be unlocked by any other means except bought from the store. The server does not get any exclusive branches. In this regard, unless this tank is going to be a Chinese server exclusive premium (which I think is unlikely) it will be available to all servers (IF it's legit.) 

I thought WG was on record that there will never be T9/TX LTs.  

It would be nice to have a TX LT for CW but in actual gameplay, particularly with the no-vision/no-bush maps we have today, I don't see it making any difference.

Also no idea why people would think it would be good at Wn8 padding.  The only reason LTs are good is because they used to have the broader battle tiers so their ability to do damage was minimal.  Just like any tank that has had a buff.  Pretty sure the LTs introduced after that still worked off similar LT expected damage models.  A 'new' TX LT would probably have to get a new expected damage model based off of a TX or T9 medium tank.

TL:DR this wouldn't be that big of a deal but WG isn't going to do it because WG. 

PS - they should just bring back the -2

If it does turn out to be real I could see it being a reward tank.  It being a unique vehicle would mean they wouldn't need to retool any other aspects of the game, and it would functionally behave like a paper mediuim