autumn3ffect

t-34-3 equip?

I've never even considered doing this on a tank before, but does anyone think the that t-34-3 might benefit from dropping rammer completely and running vents/vert/GLD? I know the DPM is atrocious but i wonder if any superunis run this setup because it seems like connecting on shots is more of an issue in my limited experience with the tank than how many shots i get downrange.

Thoughts?

I've never even considered doing this on a tank before, but does anyone think the that t-34-3 might benefit from dropping rammer completely and running vents/vert/GLD? I know the DPM is atrocious but i wonder if any superunis run this setup because it seems like connecting on shots is more of an issue in my limited experience with the tank than how many shots i get downrange.

Thoughts?

RBS and Garbad had made articles and posts about dropping rammer on T-34-3/ wz120 and replace GLD/ coated optics/ vents a LONG while back. 
Those two tanks already have good DPM  (compared to same guns on same tier tanks), the added gunhandling and/or vision was more beneficial then reloading faster, or so they htought anyways.

Similar things happene in AW; Some like RoF on MBTs, some stack aimtime mods to prevent suicide.

Tried it out a couple of games already. The gun seems to behave MUCH better. It's a shame to cripple the view range on a tank that has such excellent camo and view range, though. Perhaps once my crew gets better and has BIA and view range skills, I can try swapping vents for optics.

^whelp, that's a solid argument right there.

reasoning behind rammer over vents or optics? playstyle? or you just find the long reload too much of a weakness without it?

edit- and why 5 HE? just because you never really run low on ammo so fuck it?

I used to run Vstab+Rammer+Vents (+bia+food+VR skills). The GLD is definitely not worth it. I found myself snapshotting a lot with it, and even when you stop to aim, you will still miss a lot whether you have GLD or not. However you have plenty of ammo, so you should keep spamming shots everywhere, thus maximizing your DPM should be a priority.

As for VR, vents+bia+recon(I believe that's what it's called) is usually enough alone, but with food you'll have more than enough for sure, so optics aren't necessary at all.

I hardly ever ran out of ammo, and the 530 dmg on HE is godly, if you find a proper target for it.

Obviously I'm not at the level of others posting here, but for what it's worth some 550~ish games into my t-34-3, I use Vstab, Vents and Rammer. The DPM is already quite low so I think I'd get too frustrated dropping rammer. The gun handling is terrible while base view-range is decent so I think it's absolutely the right call to forego optics and focus on things that will improve gun-handling. I like Vents for the overall bump to reload and gun handling with BIA, but I was using GLD for a while previously. I struggled more back then, but my play has also improved so hard to say what kind of impact it has.

Interested to see some run food on this, seems risky as it's fairly flammable, particularly when getting clicked or hit by the big caliber guns in tier 9, although I suppose that comes with unicum level of "not getting shot to begin with".

Still super torn on this one. I've tried

rammer/vert/GLD

optics/vert/GLD

vents/vert/GLD

~50 games played, probably half with food and half without. When I ran food, I again couldn't decide between running it in place of auto extinguisher, or medkit. Apparently I find Chinese tanks very confusing. I'm doing a little over 2k dpg and winning over 60% so I'm not playing terribly but I feel like I haven't quite figured this one out yet.

^whelp, that's a solid argument right there.

reasoning behind rammer over vents or optics? playstyle? or you just find the long reload too much of a weakness without it?

Because waffles and pancakes love you. Its also hilarious to he tanks in the back for isu like damage rolls.

Also, in response to this thread, I actully run a regular medium loadout on that tank of rammer, optics, verts. Play it more like a shotgun and the terrible gun handling doesnt matter as much. Also heat.

On 1/10/2016 at 5:06 AM, autumn3ffect said:

Still super torn on this one. I've tried

rammer/vert/GLD

optics/vert/GLD

vents/vert/GLD

~50 games played, probably half with food and half without. When I ran food, I again couldn't decide between running it in place of auto extinguisher, or medkit. Apparently I find Chinese tanks very confusing. I'm doing a little over 2k dpg and winning over 60% so I'm not playing terribly but I feel like I haven't quite figured this one out yet.

I would prefer Ram/gld/vert and food boosting 3MOE. I replace medkit over food (if u have JAT-jack of all trade), frontal armor 34-3 is really fcked up engine + fire.