BigDaddyTankster

Way more bounces (or critical damage) recently?

Hi all,

Recently, last week or so, it seems like I am getting a ton more bounces or critical damage.  Nothing has changed in my setup, mods or anything else.  Just seem to bounce constantly hitting same points I always do on the tanks that usually score.  Just curious if anyone else is getting this or if I am just aiming worse than I used to?  

Thanks,

BDT

Maybe you're just having a bad week. A few nights ago I bounced 3 APCR shells of an E100 turret in my T30. His turret was flat on facing me and the APCR has 320 pen. I was like FUCK THIS SHIT GAME IM GONA GO PLAY FALLOUT!!! and then I did and was happy ^_^

Maybe you're just having a bad week. A few nights ago I bounced 3 APCR shells of an E100 turret in my T30. His turret was flat on facing me and the APCR has 320 pen. I was like FUCK THIS SHIT GAME IM GONA GO PLAY FALLOUT!!! and then I did and was happy ^_^

hi zepherex

At least you aren't repeatedly crit hitting light tanks by hitting their hull and not the lower half of the tracks X_X

Hi all,

Recently, last week or so, it seems like I am getting a ton more bounces or critical damage.  Nothing has changed in my setup, mods or anything else.  Just seem to bounce constantly hitting same points I always do on the tanks that usually score.  Just curious if anyone else is getting this or if I am just aiming worse than I used to?  

Thanks,

BDT

I have experienced this a few times.  Aside from the obvious RNGesus troll shots.  It generally comes down to me rushing and then whiffing my shots.  I don't do it on purpose, but rather get a little hyper and lose just a bit of patience and that's all it takes...

My rationality told me it's RNG. However after a series of strange bounce and finally I bounced a shot from my O-I exp when shooting at the back of a T-34, I lost my rational mind :)

2 hours ago, wes said:

My rationality told me it's RNG. However after a series of strange bounce and finally I bounced a shot from my O-I exp when shooting at the back of a T-34, I lost my rational mind :)

These bounces are often caused by aiming flaws. Many players instinctively aim at the centre-of-mass, which leads to unnecessary ricochets when the target has a bit of angle. Check your replays and make sure you're aiming at what you want to hit.

Reticle mismatch as well? Ive had a lot of bullshit bounces on scouts and shit but no more than the typical rage inducing amounts I normally get. 

Same with my fully aimed shots whiffing it into some bystander groundhogs home and my snapshots miraculously going dead center in my T-34-3. Because reasons.

I think I spend more time thinking both "How the actual fack did that miss" and "Wtf?! How the hell did that hit?" Than I do thinking about what Im actually going to do next.

Well, I just pointed my T-34-3 arse on Prok to the enemy team sniping from mid, promptly bounced 5 shots off the rear/side of my tank.

As to why my arse was pointing towards the mid, it was because my team somehow managed to lose TD line.

I seem to have a lot of bounces lately, whether aiming for weak spots or not. In my case, I've just assumed that I've pissed off RNGesus.  Yes, I'm aiming at weak spots and not from 14km away. 

Hopefully, tonight, he'll be a little nicer to a noob like me. 

On 08/01/2016 at 4:01 PM, Fulcrous said:

At least you aren't repeatedly crit hitting light tanks by hitting their hull and not the lower half of the tracks X_X

I remember the time it took the whole clip from my Foch 155 to kill a low-health amx 13 90. He was about 50m from me and I had a flat shot at his side. I shot him in the side and tracked him. Shot again and his tracks ate the second shot. Third shot finally killed him. And that was BEFORE the great Foch nerf....