Valachio

Valachio Watches

In your HONEST opinion, what would you rate the watch from 1-5?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. In your HONEST opinion, what would you rate the watch from 1-5? (5 = best)

304l stainless steel is definitely capable, but a seasoned watch buyer would consider it a low-grade stainless steel.  Rolex uses 904l stainless steel, which costs significantly more than 316l with literally no difference in quality.  316l is the industry standard for watches from $100-1000.  Remember that luxury is a state of mind.

Now this is the answer I wanted, thank you

Enjoy the clean look.  A lot of people would have been tempted to overdesign a project like this.  

I don't normally wear watches, but this would make for some nice "man-jewelry"

Now this is the answer I wanted, thank you

You're welcome.  Did not mean to be rude if I came across that way.

Enjoy the clean look.  A lot of people would have been tempted to overdesign a project like this.  

I don't normally wear watches, but this would make for some nice "man-jewelry"

:)

EPIC looking watches my friend, as someone who is looking to grab his first big watch I will definitely buy this thing. One question though, I love the look, but I think a dark purple watch face with cream leather straps would look absolutely baller. Could this be possible? If so I cannot wait to get my hands on one.  

EPIC looking watches my friend, as someone who is looking to grab his first big watch I will definitely buy this thing. One question though, I love the look, but I think a dark purple watch face with cream leather straps would look absolutely baller. Could this be possible? If so I cannot wait to get my hands on one.  

Thanks!  Anything is possible, but there must be a sizable amount of demand for a certain model in order for us to produce it.

love the watches and website design, super clean on both fronts.

Thank ye sir!

I've been looking for a good watch to replace my old guess minimalist watch I bought years ago (nice watch but not in this league). How easy is it to replace the battery by the way? I've had issues with this in the past where even the jeweler has struggled to remove the case back due to lack of design-for-maintenance. 

I've been looking for a good watch to replace my old guess minimalist watch I bought years ago (nice watch but not in this league). How easy is it to replace the battery by the way? I've had issues with this in the past where even the jeweler has struggled to remove the case back due to lack of design-for-maintenance. 

RYgVoSE.png

I won't pretend to be a jeweler, but from a layman's perspective it seems to be positioned well for replacement

edit; nvm, I can't read, you're talking about the case back not the battery placement

Edited by Kramburglar

well, I watched the video, heard your voice, and was like "holy shit its actually a thing"

what sort of pricing will you have?

Watches have pretty much always been a status symbol...

It's ridiculous how all watches these days cost so much simply because they're a novelty item.

I disagree. They're not novelty items. Novelty items don't serve a practical purpose. Watches tell time and they're also used similarly to jewelry. They look nice. 

There's also many variables that factor in the price of a watch. The materials (18k gold or stainless steel, etc), the movements (purchased from a movement maker- which some won't even sell to you unless they approve your project), the complexity of the movements (Swiss mech or Quartz), etc. Good watches are made by hand and take a long time to make. Keep in mind that the best watches have usually retained their value over time. 

Good luck valachio!

And don't be afraid to dip into the women's watches industry as well. Seriously, a lot of women these days are into watches, and they seem to be oddly less swayed by the name brand of a watch the male collectors (in my experience). 

i like the simplicity, but only 3 from me because i think the watch hands are not my thing

upper-east.png?98bd1f

my current watch.

Nice.  Never heard of them before, but it looks like they're a relatively big brand (330k followers on Instagram)

Are these watches OP OP OP, though?

Yessir they are.

The caseback is held together with 4 screws.  It easily pops off after removing the 4 screws.  I wouldn't recommend trying to remove the battery yourself, it's better to take it to a jeweller and they can do it pretty safe and easy.  The movement (Swiss Ronda 1063) uses battery no. 321 (SR616SW).  You can buy it pretty much anywhere. (Any jeweler should have this battery so you won't need to buy it for them)

http://www.amazon.ca/321-Energizer-Batteries-SR616SW-Battery/dp/B000RB082W

Thanks! Yeah I'd get my jeweller (or one of the optics techs at work :p) to do it. I'm not one for DIY maintenance on precision machinery.

Rolex uses 904l stainless steel, which costs significantly more than 316l with literally no difference in quality.  316l is the industry standard for watches from $100-1000.  Remember that luxury is a state of mind.

I think 904l is a little shinier with better acid resistance, but 316l is good enough to wear everyday for the rest of your life. I mean, people go diving in salt water with 316l. Just wash it off and it's fine. 

In theory, 904l is probably superior if you dip your arm in sulfuric acid. But, who does that? 

Thanks! Yeah I'd get my jeweller (or one of the optics techs at work :p) to do it. I'm not one for DIY maintenance on precision machinery.

No problem!

I think 904l is a little shinier with better acid resistance, but 316l is good enough to wear everyday for the rest of your life. I mean, people go diving in salt water with 316l. Just wash it off and it's fine. 

In theory, 904l is probably superior if you dip your arm in sulfuric acid. But, who does that? 

Indeed.  I believe one of the main reasons Rolex uses 904l is because some of their watches are deep sea divers, and you encounter more acidic water in deep oceans.  Marketing is still THE reason though :D

No problem!

Indeed.  I believe one of the main reasons Rolex uses 904l is because some of their watches are deep sea divers, and you encounter more acidic water in deep oceans.  Marketing is still THE reason though :D

I think 904L also has good resistance to magnetization. If I could afford it I'd love an IWC Ingenieur or Rolex Milgauss. Watches tend to dislike the B fields I sometimes encounter working in an electronics lab. Maybe a future product line? :)

Those look very nice, I'll buy one :frenchy:

7e96872e5e180547bfd09187febe1919.jpg

I think 904L also has good resistance to magnetization. If I could afford it I'd love an IWC Ingenieur or Rolex Milgauss. Watches tend to dislike the B fields I sometimes encounter working in an electronics lab. Maybe a future product line? :)

Maybe.  Then we can say our watches use the same materials as Rolex.  :awyeah:

Yay forum breakage again. I'll take a look when your kickstarter goes up and see how much money I have left after all my moving fees.

As so far of Chronographs go this is one of my favorites.

Heuer Beyer 1960’s Valjoux 72 Chronograph

HeuerBeyers 

if you could manage to make one with a navy or dark purple watch face, that would be THE COOLEST. IDK about anyone here, but I absolutely love watches with a dark non black watch face.  

Do you plan on using automatic movements? Automatic movements will add value as well as appeal to more serious consumers....but i think you already know that...

Do you plan on using automatic movements? Automatic movements will add value as well as appeal to more serious consumers....but i think you already know that...

It's a possibility for sure, but decided to pursue quartz watches for now.

As so far of Chronographs go this is one of my favorites.

Heuer Beyer 1960’s Valjoux 72 Chronograph

HeuerBeyers 

if you could manage to make one with a navy or dark purple watch face, that would be THE COOLEST. IDK about anyone here, but I absolutely love watches with a dark non black watch face.  

Possible, need to market research first though lol