alisuorittaja

How do you deal with getting banned for being good?

As for not playing random battles; that's not a solution for me because I don't like CWs and SHs.

Not trying to be an ass here, but have you ever done tournaments? I've started doing them as an alternative to CW and SH's, and I prefer them so far. 

I would say file an ticket, but you'll probably get an cut-and-pasted response. I would say start an thread on their forums...Congratulations! You have been RO'd for: Disputing the moderation/Posting for the sole purpose of causing unrest/Nonconstructive topic/Naming & Shaming/Encouraging EULA violations. Quite the paradox, isn't it?

I can't say I know anyone this has happened to on EU outside of FAME members being reported for being in FAME.  As long as you aren't constantly abusing players in chat then I doubt this will happen very often (i.e. ever).

Happens alot, almost every week 1 or more ppl in 322 are banned for unsportmanlike crap (i got 1 day banned last week myself for example)

(and i dont even drive a T22)

Yes "customer service" is even more fucked up than the automatic ban system. If you ask them anything, they will post 100% irrelevant copy-pasted "replies" and if they write anything there personally, it is only to insult the customer. Last time I got banned because a 2-man troll platoon teamed up on me for talling them the game rules. I told this to "customer service" and they told ME to learn the game rules.... 4 tickets sent before I got a reply that was not copy-paste. The "customer service" is only there to make every good player to leave the game so bots and tomatoes can have a field day.

But seriously, can someone put up an address to get rid of auto-bans by bots and other noobs?

Well im not saying you lie.. I dont know why you would...

But 3 times TKed per day?? You must be playing different game :D I think i was TKed maybe 3 times during last 1k games

I've had a (less than a) week with 7 teamkills from arty alone

Quit the game for almost a month after that

True, ive never heard about an NA player getting banned because of this

HA! I get an unsportsmanlike conduct ban atleast once or twice a month for about 5 days each time since i've gotten so many. Of course I also stir shit up big time but I don't usually actually do anything unsportsman like other than insults and provocation, but the dumb shit pubbies will report the fuck out of my purple overall account but won't usually on my teal and green overall accounts. And I amp up the racial slurs, bigotry, and in general shit talk and baiting x5 in addition to blocking and team killing on occasion on my lower overall alts so I really don't understand why.

Not trying to be an ass here, but have you ever done tournaments? I've started doing them as an alternative to CW and SH's, and I prefer them so far. 

True dat, I play WoT almost purely for tournaments nowadays. Maybe when I get all my tourney tanks I'll stop playing (My T110E5s, IS-7s, STB-1s, etc.)

To my knowledge I've never been baned (I don't log in every day, so I might have missed it), yet I'm talking all kinds of shit in the chat, when I have it enabled. I'm in no way a good player, but on paper my WN8 looks pretty high and I carry games on a regular basis, so I don't think that stats are the only reason for bans. 

Why would I lie about it?????  Average is now ~3 times a day ffs.

I've never been purposefully TK'd, and have only had one 24hr ban for unsportsmanlike in my career.

Do you have chat turned off? I hear that helps.

They need to disable this system, just like on NA and SEA.

It's never happened to me, since I'm green, dead-sexy and polite, but every other game these past few months you have people calling for mass reports on other players. Sometimes its good players at the end of the bully stick, more often its people being called bots and sometimes its someone using a made up 'hack' or shooting gold. I always make sure to report the people who incite others to report, but I doubt it helps much.

But then you never see everyone saying how well you played, thanking you for carrying them, wishing you a nice day nad nothing but health and prosperity to your family.

I use in game messages as well for that... just after the game. Confuses the hell out of people when you tell them they did well and it wasn't their fault the team lost... GG have a nice day... but I find it's better for my mood to focus on the positive things rather than raging... 
I have have raging bad games and then quit and get in the car all lights are red and all other drivers are jerks while if I have had some good games and compliments send out, more lights are green and other cars behave much nicer... true story ;)

I'm honestly surprised WG doesn't write some software to actually process the reports properly.

I got a one month chatban despite having chat off. There aren't any reports outside of battles and support doesn't deal with post game PM warrioring unless it gets very out of hand which I haven't.

Here's how I'd do it:

Unsportsmanlike Conduct:

First thing is to check if the report is actually a valid report. It'd still be automated but a way to actually verify if a report is justified. When you hit the report button the replay will be sent somewhere to process the information for what could be interpreted as UC. That'd mean it logs thing like team damage, tank-to-tank contact with allied vehicles (for blocking) and whatever else could be considered an offense while disregarding all other data to verify if the report is actually valid. This'd mean the reports are rendered completely useless unless there's an actual offense that should be evaluated. When enough of actually verified reports stack up a ban might be on the table.

Insults/Provocations:

Same thing goes here. A chatlog from the replay is sent somewhere filtering through the bad words and adding two and two together. If something's fuzzy CS'll have to look into it and dynamically improve the filter and after that a report might actually go through as valid. 

Bot/Inaction:

This should be easy, and probably is. Just log the distance traveled and shots fired.

I've been reported and lost my XP/credits to games I've played for start to finish because apparently I sat AFK 5 seconds in the beginning when I was tabbed out by a platoon

The other reports aren't abused as much because they're too concrete but still could benefit from the same manner.

Also I'd put reports back to 5 a day along with people constantly reporting for invalid reasons gradually losing their amount of reports and down to 1 a day if push comes to shove.

You're not that good. :kjugh:And you don't have a clan tag.

Stay away from chat and you will not be banned in randoms.

It seems I'm good enough though... Currently serving my sentence that was issued simply for killing enemies.

The game in which I got banned while playing; I didn't utter a WORD on chat, didn't even drive close to any allies. All I did was kill two enemies who couldn't penetrate my armor and just as soon as the last one of them died, I got banned. Guess who reported me and why? There is no way to avoid getting banned like this apart from playing like a tomato. And as we know, trolling goes unpunished because tomatoes don't care if a troll wrecks your game. More likely they enjoy the fact a troll is ruining your game so they will have something to shoot at themselves.

They need to fix this system right now - none of us should have to put up with shit like this!

A QUESTION: Since in top clans etc people get banned every now and then, how do they not lose their accounts? I have been told the bans get longer and longer each time you get a new one, and eventually a perma-ban. So has this happened to someone already and if not, surely it soon will?

The game in which I got banned while playing; I didn't utter a WORD on chat, didn't even drive close to any allies. All I did was kill two enemies who couldn't penetrate my armor and just as soon as the last one of them died, I got banned. Guess who reported me and why? 

Take it from someone who gets banned a lot - the system doesn't work THAT fast.

As far as I can tell, the automated system tends to update the previous days' reports around 11-12 GMT - the bans are then applied. I've twice been playing games around that time when I know for a fact the previous day I'd been raging in chat and the ban kicked in mid-game. One time I hadn't even left the base yet, so I know it wasn't from what I did in that game.

Of course, that isn't a hard and fast rule, but a report in that game leading to a ban in that same game doesn't happen. My most recent ban, which I came back from last night, came nearly 21 hours after the battle which triggered it (i played 3 games in two days, with the last game getting trolled by a 2 man toon who team damaged and blocked me - I didn't retaliate or talk in chat, but what you gonna do - before I quit for the night. That was 9pm one day, and the ban kicked in from 6pm the next day).

Also, as someone pointed out above:

• you're not super uni or even uni; and
  • you're not in FAME; and
  • you have chat turned on and are 'vocal'.

You therefore probably earn your bans. Note I didn't say deserve - God knows it's impossible not rage in randoms sometimes - just earned.

-play the T-22 in any game mode (basicly a guaranteed ban if you play enough games in it in any game mode)

You can't blame the guys, if at least you had a "report for being a riggin shitlord" you could be ban for the right reason :kwim:

But now you may have one legit if you spent alot of time in the nerfed missions. Or maybe just have to be named T22-ich-rigge-T22 :damn:

I can't say I know anyone this has happened to on EU outside of FAME members being reported for being in FAME.  As long as you aren't constantly abusing players in chat then I doubt this will happen very often (i.e. ever).

Try playing arty for a weekend. A ban is almost guaranteed. I got two UC bans in my entire time with WoT; both after I played 50+ arty games during a weekend to do some missions. Nothing pisses people off worse than you clicking the crap out of them.

Sadly, I did my very last arty mission on Friday. No more excuses for me ...

Someone please already tell me if this all will end in perma-ban or does your ban quota get reset at any time? I mean, the next day some tomato doesn't like me I get banned for a week, then a month the next time.... Does it really work like that?

Also I think trying to carry games when all your team is dead, is very dangerous. Chances are your yellow team mates will report you for being alive at the end of the game 'cuz their suerior tactics failed and they died. So I guess I should stop carrying games?

As for earning my ban; sure if getting TK's, blocked, trolled and pushed a shitload of times in the last 3 days then yes, it's earned... Not by me but who cares, right?

Try playing arty for a weekend. A ban is almost guaranteed. I got two UC bans in my entire time with WoT; both after I played 50+ arty games during a weekend to do some missions. Nothing pisses people off worse than you clicking the crap out of them.

Sadly, I did my very last arty mission on Friday. No more excuses for me ...

We're talking about unjustified bans here I believe . . .

Someone please already tell me if this all will end in perma-ban or does your ban quota get reset at any time? I mean, the next day some tomato doesn't like me I get banned for a week, then a month the next time.... Does it really work like that?

Also I think trying to carry games when all your team is dead, is very dangerous. Chances are your yellow team mates will report you for being alive at the end of the game 'cuz their suerior tactics failed and they died. So I guess I should stop carrying games?

As for earning my ban; sure if getting TK's, blocked, trolled and pushed a shitload of times in the last 3 days then yes, it's earned... Not by me but who cares, right?

As people have pointed out. TK-ing is reasonably rare and for it to happen so often to you makes me think that you must be doing . . . something . . . to make them TK you. Maybe that "something" is also linked to your bans.