SoliDeoGloria

Mikhail Khutuv0z

I'm curious about this new ship. It has just appeared on NA as of this morning, and is described as a porcupine of AA, and dev opinions indicate it has smoke. Will this be another case of RU ships outclassing US ships in their own role, or will it be significantly different? 

Link to news article

Being good at AAA is increasingly becoming a hard sell given the relatively lack of CV players. Just compare at how many people are playing the USN CA line vs the IJN CA line if you take out the Cleveland from the equation. I think the 5x torp spread on a tier 8 CA is a much better sell. Regardless I'll probably wait on this ship since I'd just gotten the Blyscawica.

On a side note, I think the Yubari could really really use the smoke seeing how they're given it to the MK.  

Being good at AAA is increasingly becoming a hard sell given the relatively lack of CV players. Just compare at how many people are playing the USN CA line vs the IJN CA line if you take out the Cleveland from the equation. I think the 5x torp spread on a tier 8 CA is a much better sell. Regardless I'll probably wait on this ship since I'd just gotten the Blyscawica.

On a side note, I think the Yubari could really really use the smoke seeing how they're given it to the MK.  

I'd much like to have an extra charge of the AA boost in my Yubari

I'd much like to have an extra charge of the AA boost in my Yubari

funny part is the AA boost is basically useless on it, as it only boosts the DPS of its lone DP gun.

funny part is the AA boost is basically useless on it, as it only boosts the DPS of its lone DP gun.

I thought they changed it to effect all its AA guns.

I thought they changed it to effect all its AA guns.

if they did, it is a single ship change.  don't recall reading that anywhere, though I could have missed it.

if they did, it is a single ship change.  don't recall reading that anywhere, though I could have missed it.

They had it in the patch notes for something a few months ago. Yubari AA consumable was changed to effect its mid-range AA guns.

this ship is fairly meh-crap in most other areas though.

^^^

Those 155mm shells are... fairly disappointing on impact/in-flight. It's basically a Cleveland at tier 8 with Grem torps.

Well it is great AA. 5 torp spread and invisifiring in smoke. Regular guns are HE except against IJN CAs if u are close range. You will bounce AP on a Cleveland.  Good gun arc. (Like Russian DD.) Range of guns is 19.1 km with captain skill. I use my Kiev captain in him. (14 skill Captain) Armor is good for a CA was bouncing many AP shots from Cleveland and others. To illustrate AA effectiveness, beginning of game 6 IJN squadrons 2 fighter, 3 DB, and 1 torp. All DB and torp dead, 4 more fighters killed. This was T9 game. 19 kills in first rush. He didn't go near me rest of match.

Those 155mm shells are... fairly disappointing on impact/in-flight.

They'd be a lot better if they really were 155mm rather than 152mm. In WoWS, 155mm HE rounds penetrate 25mm armour (common on cruisers and tier <8 BBs), while 152mm HE rounds do not.

Fire chance is very high though (12% vs 10% for Mogami), so it might work out together with the smoke.

We all know IJN planes are weaker, but I think that the fact that it can delete a pair of Ranger bombers before they can get within drop range is impressive.

But its T8 CA vs T7 planes though (T6 even, depended on if the Ranger had upgraded). The planes are pretty balanced within tier but horribly out of balance between tiers. It always has been this way and as far as I can tell they've never found a solution which is why we have an MM that force same tier CV matches. IMO at Tier 7, the Colorado C hull has an even more impressive AA than the Mik K at Tier 8. 

An AA cruiser sounds ideal for bads.

I can just stick to the BBs and reap the AA ribbons and tell myself I'm good@ships.

I'm actually enjoying the Mikhail quite a lot right now, it's a fun ship. First off don't get me wrong, it's not as good as the Atago and it certainly could use a quality of life buff, i.e detection range. I also don't think it's as bad as people are making it out to be and it's closer to being balanced than people give it credit for. Its rudder shift time is no joke ~5.2 secs with equipment means that once you get in the groove you can really start to avoid significant amounts of fire, even at closer ranges. Couple that turn rate with AMAZING gun arcs, you can seriously get both back guns on target  at like 15 degrees off the bow and visa versa for the stern, that means that even though you are very squishy you can present a small silhouette that is constantly juking back and forth while keeping maximum firepower to bare on target. I've been playing it, the Atago, and the Mogami a reasonable amount in ranked and while people are quick to throw out that the Kutuzov is just a mogami but with 1 less turret they fail to realize that in battle situations you cant bring all the mogami's guns to bare a fair portion of the time without over exposing your side to return fire (the Japanese gun layout is fairly retarded when it comes to bringing guns on target AND not giving a fat broadside) , and its the same with the torps. The Kutuzov, even with one less turret, just brings more effective fire to bare for a longer percentage of the match. If I had to make a comparison I would probably say the Kutuzov is a hell of a lot like the CDC in WOT, your average pubby and or heavy tank main is going to do terribly in it, they are going to go to the wrong places and over expose themselves to die horrible deaths repeatedly and thus cry foul. 

wTdNBnN.jpg

I haz a Mikky. 

It's really fun. Being pure support means there are no expectations of me to carry! Love it. 

Fun ship. I just had 4 kill game with 2 caps, ended up with over 600k gross credits and 500k + net profit. (2498 base exp) no flags used.

Mikky is my favourite ship. 

Apparently the AA capability makes it OP

huehuehue

Y9FPcL0.jpg

gEvj0GF.jpg

Enemy Hiryu got mad annoyed with me cos I dove into friendly BBs with defensive fire active on his last ditch attack run. 

I played a game or two a long time ago and hopped back in this thing last night. Both games go like this:

177 hits with my HE from 13-19km on BBSs both higher and lower tiers and the occasional CV.  I get exactly THREE %&^*ing fires and 25-30k damage. And I have demo expert for 14% per shell. WTF am I missing here?

28 minutes ago, Expendable_Lad said:

I played a game or two a long time ago and hopped back in this thing last night. Both games go like this:

177 hits with my HE from 13-19km on BBSs both higher and lower tiers and the occasional CV.  I get exactly THREE %&^*ing fires and 25-30k damage. And I have demo expert for 14% per shell. WTF am I missing here?

Well the biggest problem is that you don't have OPHE, so even if RNG decides to fuck you in the ass your HE will still do a shit ton of dmg. If not than you just need to pray to RNG