flare_phoenix

WT Pz 4 worship thread

Ammo rack is in the back, so you get racked instead of engine dmg.

It is still a better option, since you at least do not burn...or get tracked with destroyed engine at the same time.

And sometimes it is better to take hits frontally, when ppl start chugging HE on you. 80 mm front armor stops full HE penn from most guns.

If you have 3 skill crew, train some repairs instead of shitty driver and loader skills/perks. At least 50 % repairs...since module damage is horrible, and you can not run 2 repair kits...this thing needs big medkit, repkit and AFE so much.

The key to play this tank is not to get hit at all. At least at the early stage of the battle. But yeah a big med kit is a must. I got hit with a nice big HE from a T49 once. Danggg. Lost around 1k HP and only two of my crew lives with 3-4 modules damage. Too bad that time I only brought the small med and rep kit. But the good thing was, I got myself a Billotte's medal in that match. xD

thats why you always turn your side / back to the enemy, that way you have much more gun depression

Infact, you should always fight in reverse, more gun depression, no engine damage, a smaller target, and you can run away much faster

WTF-P4 is akward to play, but very good

ps: its a bit like archer, except you dont have to stupid bad forward speed, but just like archer you need to turn around a lot

I'm good with the gun; it's sweet music...problem is you just can't get it into play

Crap depression + one of the slowest turret rotations in the game + a reverse speed nearly as slow as a Type 4 + brawling map meta....RIP

13 hours ago, Felicius said:

Ammo rack is in the back, so you get racked instead of engine dmg.

It is still a better option, since you at least do not burn...or get tracked with destroyed engine at the same time.

And sometimes it is better to take hits frontally, when ppl start chugging HE on you. 80 mm front armor stops full HE penn from most guns.

If you have 3 skill crew, train some repairs instead of shitty driver and loader skills/perks. At least 50 % repairs...since module damage is horrible, and you can not run 2 repair kits...this thing needs big medkit, repkit and AFE so much.

But you wait to someone gets hit then you step in and repeat all over again. Key is ˘

4 hours ago, ForkUrEyes said:

The key to play this tank is not to get hit at all. At least at the early stage of the battle. But yeah a big med kit is a must. I got hit with a nice big HE from a T49 once. Danggg. Lost around 1k HP and only two of my crew lives with 3-4 modules damage. Too bad that time I only brought the small med and rep kit. But the good this was, I got myself a Billotte's medal in that match. xD

By the time when Pz4 is garage that must be learned, entire line is paper armor. HE shit rekts you.

3 hours ago, rurickjames said:

I'm good with the gun; it's sweet music...problem is you just can't get it into play

Crap depression + one of the slowest turret rotations in the game + a reverse speed nearly as slow as a Type 4 + brawling map meta....RIP

Again, reversing (less exposure, better depression, quicker getaway) + CAMO and you can easily shit on people. Sometimes gun is derpy, but fuck it. 560 DMG @ 9.5s is pretty damn good. Also you have turret, that means more flexibility (at least for me). 

GLD + OPTICS + RAMMER is my setup, alongside with 4th skill crew (+5th ~85%) BIA + CAMO as primary shit. But again, whole line is like that. 

On January 16, 2016 at 8:33 AM, ForkUrEyes said:

The key to play this tank is not to get hit at all. At least at the early stage of the battle. But yeah a big med kit is a must. I got hit with a nice big HE from a T49 once. Danggg. Lost around 1k HP and only two of my crew lives with 3-4 modules damage. Too bad that time I only brought the small med and rep kit. But the good thing was, I got myself a Billotte's medal in that match. xD

I just HE'ed one with my T-34-3 yesterday.

Did 600 damage and knocked out just about everything :D

Yeah, if you see some blue+ player on the enemy team, he's likely to switch ammo and come after your arse~

And the Pz. IV WT can't run...

Trying to grind up this line, any advice for some aggressive scrub?

Currently at the Marder.

For aggressive scrub, my advice would be to grind the other German line.:dealdog:

Now on Jag and after i sold Waffle 4 i fell in love with it again. Recently buffed hitpoints. .

This line is pure support play, aggression gets you killed. If you are stubborn on playing it after all, then this:

Step 1: learn every bush in da game.

Step 2: if no bush, find enough meatshields to take hits for you, and someone to spot (nerfed vision across the whole line). Platoonmates preferred.

Step 3: Profit!

Hyper necro. This is still a sublime damage farmer. I was expecting it to be crept out of the game, but this is the best bush camper I've played in years. Usually turreted TDs have guns noticeably worse than what casemate TDs have; the waffen IV not only has a comparable gun, it's straight up the best T9 TD gun.

If you like big numbers on your session stats, buy this. 3.5k DPG isn't difficult. 4k DPG is definitely possible. I'm at 5k without much APCR, but rolling Prokh once padded that, I have no idea how you'd sustain that much.

Rammer/Binocs/Turbo. You can run IRM for quicker target acquisition instead of a more reliable early hit. I don't think the 150 is remotely competitive with the 128.

On 11/7/2020 at 7:40 PM, Rexxie said:

Hyper necro. This is still a sublime damage farmer. I was expecting it to be crept out of the game, but this is the best bush camper I've played in years. Usually turreted TDs have guns noticeably worse than what casemate TDs have; the waffen IV not only has a comparable gun, it's straight up the best T9 TD gun.

If you like big numbers on your session stats, buy this. 3.5k DPG isn't difficult. 4k DPG is definitely possible. I'm at 5k without much APCR, but rolling Prokh once padded that, I have no idea how you'd sustain that much.

Rammer/Binocs/Turbo. You can run IRM for quicker target acquisition instead of a more reliable early hit. I don't think the 150 is remotely competitive with the 128.

Given that I play in toons always with an LT, I run IRM/Rammer/Turbo. Fantastic TD.

i would think with the turret placement and the peek backward to minimise exposing, the turbo is very valuable for the added backward speed etc, how did u felt the difference?

On 11/8/2020 at 11:40 AM, Rexxie said:

has it always got 352 pen APCR with 1.5k shell velocity wtf

On 11/18/2020 at 7:06 AM, lavawing said:

has it always got 352 pen APCR with 1.5k shell velocity wtf

Yeah, old guns have way more pen as new guns (penetration creep is myth, IS4 used to have 400 pen HEAT, YOLO!!!)

(and ISU always had 286 AP, till WG fucked it, and gave it useless 260...)

I need to get this given that I really enjoyed the Jtiger (weird right?) and this is the same gun but better mobility (though that HP pool was really useful)

3 hours ago, hazzgar said:

I need to get this given that I really enjoyed the Jtiger (weird right?) and this is the same gun but better mobility (though that HP pool was really useful)

I'm kinda the same. Except ground wt long ago, then literally a few years later played the jt and loved it. Tho I particularly lived bullying people with quasi armor and dpm. Not sure how camo and dpm would work in today's meta.

On 11/8/2020 at 11:40 AM, Rexxie said:

@Rexxie I got a Turbo and holy shit it makes this thing so much more able to pick engagements. Not only that, in a some situations (where I felt it was needed) I could get myself into forward bushes and pick up lots of spotting damage. It helps that this has pretty good camo. LTs were driving up to 150m (maybe 100?) of me and not spotting me.. I must say the Turbo really has opened up a lot of possibilities for this thing - I'm now trying to improve my past shit stats in it.